University of Agricultural and Horticultural Sciences - [UAHS] Recent Admission Alerts and Updates
The University of Agricultural and Horticultural Sciences (UAHS) is a state university which was established in the year 2012. It was established under the Karnataka Act no. 38 of 2012. The university aims to produce quality human resources in the field of agriculture horticulture and forestry. The university is affiliated by ICAR. The university offers the course of B.Sc. in Agriculture, Horticulture and Forestry, M.Sc. in a number of specializations, Ph.D. in Agriculture and Diploma in Agriculture. There is a provision of lateral entry admission for diploma holders into B.Sc. degree programs offered by the University.
Government of Karnataka
Type of University
UAHS affiliated Colleges
- Agricultural College, Shimoga
- Horticultural College, Mudigere
- Horticultural College, Hiriyur
- Forestry College, Ponnampet
- Agricultural Diploma Institute, Brahmavar
- Agricultural Diploma Institute, Kathalagere
UAHS Courses and Eligibility
UAHS Undergraduate Programme
- UAHS offers 3-year, B.Sc. course in three specializations which are agriculture, horticulture, and forestry.
- The minimum eligibility criteria for B.Sc. students is a pass in 10+2 Science with PCB combination; (50% PUC Marks + 50% CET Marks).
UAHS Postgraduate Programme
- UAHS offers 2-year M.Sc. course as a postgraduate programme. The course is provided under a number of schools and in a variety of specializations.
- The students who have completed graduation with relevant subjects are eligible for the programme.
UAHS Doctorate Programme
- The university offers Ph.D. programme to the students under the college of agriculture.
- The students who have completed their graduation and post-graduation from a recognized university are eligible for the Ph.D. programme.
Know more about UAHS Courses and Fee
- There are the different mode of admissions for different programmes in UAHS.
- Admission in an undergraduate programme is done through Common Entrance Test conducted by Karnataka Examination Authority.
- Admission in the post-graduate programme is done through a common admission process across four Farm Universities of the state. The admission process involves a written entrance examination.
- Ph.D. admissions are made through written entrance examination separately by the University. Entrance to post matriculation diploma is done on the basis SSLC marks.
Know more about UAHS Admissions