IIM Nagpur, established in 2015, is ranked 40th by the NIRF 2020 rankings amongst the top management institutes in India. The institute is currently being mentored by IIM Ahmedabad and functions through its temporary campus VNIT Nagpur. IIM Nagpur MBA is a 2-year program with 100% placement records. Admission to IIM Nagpur is based on CAT cut-off, personal interview round, past academic records, and Written ability test. IIM Nagpur has its own shortlisting and selection criteria and the MBA cut-off for the year 2021 is set for 85 percentile by the institute.
IIM Nagpur Admission Updates
- IIM Nagpur has released the list of eligble candidates based on CAT Cutoff on March 02, 2021.
- The last date to fill MBA Application is Mach 25, 2021.
- IIM Nagpur Shortlist 2021 will be released in 4th week of March.
- The intimidation for the PI and WAT round will be sent to candidates in the 1st week of April 2021.
- The PI and WAT round will be processed from the 2nd week of April to the 2nd week of May 2021.
- The final admission offers from IIM Nagpur will be sent to candidates in the 3rf week of May 2021.
- The last date to fill Ph.D. Application of IIM Nagpur is March 20, 201.
Check: IIM Nagpur Admission 2021
Why IIM Nagpur?
- IIM Nagpur is ranked 40 for the MBA program by NIRF 2020 and 30 for MBA by Indiatoday 2020. Check IIM Nagpur Ranking
- The institute has international collaborations with top universities such as Tel Aviv University (Israel), Chuo University (Japan), Asian Institute of Technology (Thailand), and Instituto Technologico Autonoma de Mexico.
- The field immersion program is the USP of IIM Nagpur. It is a 3-week program whereby the students work with government organizations/ companies/ NGOs on designated problem statements. Read on to IIM Nagpur FIP.
- IIM Nagpur’s location of the institute gives a great advantage to students. The institute is situated in the hub in industries that helps students in connecting with big companies for placements and internships.
- The regular and visiting faculty at IIM Nagpur comes from its mentor institute with good teaching and industry record. Check IIM Nagpur Faculty
- Currently, the institute is functioning through VNIT Nagpur but it will soon shift to its 135 acres campus at MIHAN Nagpur, adjacent to International Airport at Nagpur.
IIM Nagpur Courses
|PGPM||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: 50% aggregate marks in Graduation
Selection criteria: CAT score+PI
Specializations: Economics, Operations, Public Policy, Entrepreneurship, Human Resource Management, Behaviour Sciences, Marketing, General Management, Accounting, and Finance
|PhD||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: 60% marks in Postgraduation
Specializations: Decision Science & Information Systems, Finance & Accounting, Marketing, Organizational Behaviour & Human Resources Management, Production & Operations Management, and Strategy & Entrepreneurship
|Executive Education Program (EEP/ EMBA)||Duration: 1 year
Selection Criteria: Merit-based
Read More: IIM Nagpur Fees
IIM Nagpur MBA
MBA or the PGP is the flagship program of IIM Nagpur. With INR 13 Lacs of fees, IIM Nagpur places students with an average salary package of INR 13 Lacs, which is good in terms of ROI. IIM Nagpur MBA program indulges students in many ground-level corporate activities such as International Immersion programs (IIP) and Field Immersion Programs (FIP). In IIP, the students are sent to foreign countries such as Japan, Singapore, South Korea, France, and Dubai to work on live projects with the incorporated companies. And, in the FIP, the students work within the country on live projects.
IIM Nagpur MBA cut-off percentile for the year 2021 has been reduced to 85 percentile which was earlier set for 90 percentile for the year 2019. The marks distributed to various sections is in the following manner:
IIM Nagpur MBA Cut off 2021
|DAP (Horizontal Reservation)||35||35||35||40|
Read about: IIM Nagpur Cut off
IIM Nagpur MBA 2019-21 Batch Profile
IIM Nagpur PGP/ MBA 2019-21 batch has a total of 123 students with 84% male students and 16% female students. The average age of students in the batch is 25 years with work experience of 29 months. The majority of the students belong to the IT industry and fewer are from the Power industry.
The statistics of the work experience of the 2019-21 batch is given in the table below:
|Work Experience||Percentage of students (%)|
The work experience of the above students is from the following sectors:
IIM Nagpur Field Immersion Program
IIM Nagpur FIP is a 3-week module conducted between the second and third semesters of the PGP program as the compulsory segment for students.
What is the aim of FIP?
The program gives an opportunity to students to interact with the industry and indulge in the actual day-to-day working of the organization. Students are attached to participating organizations from four broad sectors:
- Government and Infrastructure
- Industry and Business (Small and Medium Enterprises)
- Agriculture, Food Processing and Rural Development and
- NGO and Environmental Management
FIP Module process:
The students work with the industry full-time for 3-weeks on the identified issue. At the end of the 3rd week, the students submit their reports to the organization about their learning. The reports/ presentation is then evaluated and awarded marks which are later added to the final GPAs of the students.
IIM Nagpur Placement
The 2020 placements at IIM Nagpur have seen the major recruitments in the Finance / E-Commerce / Analytics sector with the highest CTC up to INR 40 LPA. The major recruiters from this sector were FIITJEE and Tredence Analytics.
IIM Nagpur promises 100% placements to students which can be seen in the PGDM 2020 placements of IIM Nagpur. A total of 120+ students were placed in the recent placements drive with an average CTC up to INR 13 LPA and the highest CTC up to INR 40 LPA. More than 50 companies participated in the process, out of which 8 of them offered pre-placement offers to the students.
In addition to this, the 2019-21 summer placements have seen the following statistics in terms of recruitments:
|Average stipend||INR 54,000|
|Median Stipend||INR 50,000|
|Highest stipend||INR 1,20,000|
|Top 50% average stipend||INR 73,993|
The majority of the students in the 2020 placements were placed in the consulting sector followed by the IT and Engineering sector.
The key participant recruiters in the IIM Nagpur Placement 2020 were Deloitte, JLL, Value Labs, ANZ, Gartner, ThyssenKrupp, Amazon, Genpact, BNY Mellon, MU Sigma, Cadila Pharmaceuticals, Trend Limited, Kotak Mahindra Bank, Dassault Systems, Tresvista, DTDC, Sutherland, Wipro Digital, HCL, Infosys, Indiamart, Tech aspect, Cars24, BHL, etc.
IIM Nagpur Scholarship
The management institute offers a number of scholarships to deserving and meritorious students. Given below are the details for the same:
- Special Need-Based Scholarship: This scholarship is provided to students on the basis of their annual family income. It will be provided in the form of a fee waiver up to an amount of INR 7 lakh based on financial credentials.
- Merit-cum-means Scholarship: This scholarship is provided for professional and technical courses. It includes categories like Scholarship for Top Class Education for students with disabilities and SC students.
Apart from these, various state governments like Jharkhand and Maharashtra offer Chief Minister Fellowship Yojana and Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Merit Scholarship for SC students respectively.
How to avail of these scholarships?
Candidates must register themselves with the administration office and apply as prescribed by the institute. The student will be required to fill the application form and attach the required documents. The eligible students will get awarded the amount after all the verification done by the administration office.
Note: Students can also avail themselves of the facility of education loans provided by a number of banks like Bank of India, Central Bank of India, Axis Bank, Bank of Baroda, State Bank of India, etc.
IIM Nagpur FAQs
Ques. Which IIM is better, IIM Nagpur, Visakhapatnam, Amritsar, Bodhgaya, or Sirmaur?
Ans. Analysis of IIM Nagpur, Amritsar, Visakhapatnam, Bodhgaya, and Sirmaur:
|Content||IIM Nagpur||IIM Visakhapatnam||IIM Bodhgaya||IIM Sirmaur||IIM Amritsar|
|Placement CTC||Average: INR 13.3 LPA Highest: INR 40 LPA||Average: INR 13 LPA Highest: INR 27 LPA||Average: INR 11.02 LPA Highest: INR 20 LPA||Average: INR 11.8 LPA Highest: INR 26 LPA||Average: INR 12.16 LPA Highest: INR 40 LPA|
|Cut-off||85 percentile||85 percentile||95 percentile||95 percentile||85 percentile|
|Course/ Courses||PGP||PGP, PGP-DGM, PGPEX||PGP||MBA and FPM||PGP|
|NIRF 2020||40 for MBA||(-)||(-)||(-)||15th|
|Read More||Read More||Read More||Read More|
Ques. How is life at IIM Nagpur?
Ans. Life at IIM Nagpur is an amazing rollercoaster ride full of things to explore and experience. The institute focuses on not only improving the grades but also on grooming an individual for the corporate world. The campus has many non academic clubs to foster the tablets of the students. A student can have everything under one umbrella, there is something for everybody to engage in and explore at IIM Nagpur.
Ques. Can someone get a call from IIM Nagpur with 94 percentile?
Ans. For the general category, it is not impossible but a bit difficult to get a call from IIM Nagpur as calls are generally rolled out at 95+. One can always try other prestigious institutes as well like IMT Ghaziabad, IRMA, GIM, etc.
Ques. Is it worth doing an MBA from IIM Nagpur?
Ans. True to the fact that IIM Nagpur does not have as good companies and packages as the top ABC IIMs but if one is dedicated enough, he/she can make the two years of MBA from IIM Nagpur definitely worth it as every IIM has almost the same teaching and learning methodologies.
Ques. Is IIM Nagpur an old IIM?
Ans. No, IIM Nagpur is not an old IIM but one of the fastest growing baby IIMs. Other newly established baby IIMs are IIM Amritsar, IIM Sambalpur, IIM Jammu, IIM Vizag, and IIM Bodhgaya.
Ques. What is better- PGP Program from IIM Nagpur or PGDM from IIM Jammu?
|Basis||IIM Nagpur||IIM Jammu|
|Fees||INR 11.50 lakh||INR 12.91 Lakh|
|Placement Average CTC||INR 13.3 LPA||INR 9.5 LPA|
|Placement Highest CTC||INR 40 LPA||INR 20 LPA|
Ques. If I am a resident of Nagpur, is it compulsory to stay in IIM Nagpur Hostel?
Ans. As per the guidelines of IIM Nagpur, it is mandatory for every student to stay in the hostel. The hostel provides facilities at global standards which include state-of-the-art furniture, recreation room, fitness center/ gym, games, and sports, washing machine, etc. It provides both vegetarian and non-vegetarian meals to students in the dining hall.
Ques. What is the fee structure for PGP at IIM Nagpur?
Ans. The fee structure for domestic students is INR 12.5 Lakhs for two years for the program. The fee structure for SAARC candidates is USD 20,000 whereas, for other students, it is USD 30000. It excludes all other charges like caution deposit, mess deposit, etc. You can check more details about the fee structure of IIM Nagpur here.
Ques. I have appeared for CAT 2018, am I eligible for applying to PGP 2019-21 at IIM Nagpur as an overseas candidate?
Ans. No, the management institute does not accept the score in the CAT exam for overseas candidates. For admission to PGP, you must have a valid GMAT score with a minimum score of 650. If the score is before January 2014, it will be considered invalid and your admission will be rejected. It should be kept in mind that the candidate must be Indian or foreign nationals living or studying outside for at least 18 months.
Ques. How is the faculty at IIM Nagpur?
Ans. Listed below is a brief about the faculty members at the Institute:
- Dr. Atul Arun Pathak
- Qualifications: B.E., PGDM, and FPM
- Contributions: Published more than 14 research papers and 12 conferences in journals of national and international repute
- Dr. Gunjan Tomar
- Qualifications: B.Tech and FPM
- Contributions: Published 9 papers in international conferences; 4 papers in national journals
- Dr. Kapil Kaushik
- Qualifications: B.Tech and FPM
- Research Interests: Customer Engagement at Digital Platforms, Sports Sponsorship, E-Commerce
- Dr. Kinshuk Saurabh
- Qualifications: B.E., M.Sc, and FPM
- Contributions: Presented various papers in national and international conferences such as International Corporate Governance
- Dr. L.S. Murty
- Qualifications: B.Tech and Fellow at IIM-A
- Contributions: Published more than 20 papers in reputed journals and conferences
Know more: IIM Nagpur Faculty
Ques. What banks assist education loan facilities to students?
Ans. Some of the banks assisting education loan facility to students are:
- Axis Bank
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- State Bank of India
- UCO Bank
- Union Bank of India