Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT Kalyani) is set up by the Government of West Bengal and MHRD under the public-private partnership model in 2014. The NASSCOM Head of the Eastern region, FICCI, CII are in close association with the institute. Some of the top companies that recruit our students are NDL, FOSSEE, Ittiam, Mihup, Apt Software, Smartprix, Infologitech Systems, Adecco and more.
As per latest updates, IIIT Kalyani Admission 2021 has begun for Online M.Tech in AI and Data Science program. Interested candidates can apply till May 14.
Highlights of IIIT Kalyani
IIIT Kalyani Admissions and Courses
Given below are the academic programs offered by the engineering institute. Read on to know the eligibility criteria and selection procedure followed by the Institute.
Course 1: Bachelor in Technology (B.Tech)
- Duration: 4-year | Full-time
- Specialization: Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
- Entrance Exam: JEE Main, the next session is scheduled in January 2020 (January 6 – 11, 2020).
- Seat Intake: 130 students/ year
- Fee Structure: 20% discount for ST/SC/PD students.
- Selection Procedure: JoSAA decides the allocation of seats based on the JEE score.
Course 2: IIITK Ph.D.
- Duration: 4-6 years| Full time
- Specialization: Engineering, Science and Humanitites
- Entrance Exam: Gate/NET qualified
- Selection Procedure: Interview
- Note: The sponsored, Part-time and External category students require a minimum of 1-year working experience with the sponsoring company.
Read More IIITK Admissions
IIIT Kalyani Reservation in Seats
Seats in IIITK are distributed as per the Indian Government’s existing norms. Reservations are made in the following manner:
IIIT Kalyani Fee Structure
The fee structure of B.Tech course per semester effective for the academic session 2019 – 20 to be paid into Institute Account is as follows:
|Overheads||B.Tech Program (INR)||Ph.D. Program (INR)|
|Identity Card Fee||500||120|
|Student Activity Fee||1000||-|
|Infrastructural Maintenance Fee||500||-|
|Alumni Registration Charge||2000||-|
|Library Caution Money||1000||1000|
|Institute Caution Money||2000||1000|
IIIT Kalyani Placements
Placement Statistics in tabulated form for 2015-2019 batch
|Total No. of Students||69|
|Total Students appeared for placement process *||56|
|Total jobs offered||77|
|Total Students Selected||47|
|Students going for Higher Studies||N/A|
|Highest Salary||10 LPA|
|Average Salary||3.4 LPA|
|Percentage of Student Placed||84%|
- Students got offers from both on-campus and online/off-campus selection process.
- Some students even qualified for GATE, CAT, and BARC and some have gone to pursue higher studies abroad.
Campus The Government of West Bengal has lent support to the institute by granting 50 acres of land for setting up the Campus. While construction has been started in the land provided, the institute is presently running from the temporary campus at Webel IT Park, Kalyani.
Laboratories Knowledge is power but without implementation it is futile. IIIT Kalyani promotes learning in all ways. The institute is equipped with software and hardware labs. There are three software and three hardware labs.
Library Library of the IIIT Kalyani is a continuous growing organism with the compact features; document, user and services. Its core objective is to support academics in knowledge generation through different educational activities; teaching and research.
Hostel The institute provides accommodation for outstation students on payment basis in rented apartments. Separate accommodation is provided for boys and girls students. The institute has hired four hostels, three for boys and one for girls. The hostels are well situated accessible to all conveniences (playgrounds, market, railway station, bus stops). All the hostels are equipped with WiFi and 24 Hrs security.
Medical Services IIIT Kalyani had arranged the medical facilities with the College of Medicine & JNM Hospital, Kalyani. Ambulance service (with ICU facility) is available for 24 hours on-call basis.