Indian Institute of information technology Kalyani, popularly known as IIITK, was established in the year 2014 by the government of West Bengal and MHRD under the public-private partnership mode. The NASSCOM Head of Eastern region, FICCI, CII are in close association with the institute. The institute, at present, is operating from its temporary campus at
Type of institute
Boys -3 Girls-1
To know more about Hostel.
IIITK Admissions and Courses
IIITK offers a B-Tech programme with specialization in Computer Science and Engineering and Ph.D. programme.
Seats in IIITK are distributed as per Indian Government’s existing norms. Reservations are made in the following manner:
IIITK offers B-Tech programme with specialization in only one department i.e Computer science and engineering.
Computer Science and Engineering
- The IIITK Computer science and engineering department follow a credit based B-Tech programme.
- IIITK B-Tech admissions take place on the basis of JEE (Main) exam score conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- The institute admits 130 students in this department every year.
- IIITK Fee structure involves a 20% discount for ST/SC/PD students.
- JoSAA decides the allocation of seats based on the JEE score.
- IIITK Ph.D. Programme is a 2-year course.
- The institute admits Ph.D. students under a number of categories. These are the following:
- Project staff
- The sponsored, Part-time and External category students require a minimum of 1-year working experience with the sponsoring company.
- The institute offers PH.D. Programme in 3 specializations. These are the following:
- Humanities and social sciences
To know more about IIITK cut off.
- Total 44 jobs were offered to the students.
- Out of 40 students who registered themselves for the placement drive, 32 students got selected.
- 85% of the students were placed successfully.
- Some of the companies that participated in the IIITK Placements were NDL, FOSSEE, Ittiam, Mihup, Apt Software, Smartprix etc.
The following graph shows the placement data for the year 2017-18
State and central government agencies, as a part of IIITK Scholarships, provide a large number of scholarship schemes to the students in need. Some of them are the following:
- Students who are residents of Madhya Pradesh can apply for Mukhyamantri Medhavi Vidyarthi Yojana
- 10 students are offered Partial freeship by the West Bengal government.
- 8 of the above students shall belong to West Bengal whereas other 2 can be residents of other states.
- Rajarshi Shahu Maharaj Merit Scholarship is offered to 100 scheduled caste students who wish to pursue study in any National level reputed institution in India.
- Film and Media club organized Paryatan parv
- Symphony music club fulfills the creative needs of the students and makes sure to keep them entertained at various events
- Algoholic technical club organizes various programming and coding events such as Webnet and Chodacharya.