Indian Institute of information technology Vadodara, popularly known as IIIT-V, was established in the year 2013 by the government of Gujarat and MHRD under the Public Private Partnership.
The government of Gujarat, the Central government, Gujarat Energy Research, and Management Institute, Gujarat State Fertilizers and Chemicals and TATA consultancy firms act as partners in the formation of the institute.
Currently, IIITV is operating from the Government Engineering College Campus located at Gandhinagar.
Type of institute
PDPU High Rise Hostel Complex
IIITV Admissions and Courses
IIITV offers B-Tech program along with an M-Tech and Ph.D. programmes.
IIITV offers a 4-year B-Tech programme with specialization in the following:
- Computer science and Engineering
- Information Technology
Computer Science and Engineering
- IIITV B-Tech programme is a 4-year full-time course.
- IIITV B-Tech admissions take place on the basis of JEE (Main) exam score conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- The curriculum includes the use of electronics and hardware.
- JoSAA/CSAB decides the allocation of seats for the admission.
Electronics and Communication Engineering
- The B-Tech programme in IT at IIITV is AC approved.
- IIITV Fee structure has been subject to change every year.
- The curriculum aims at modifying high-quality software systems.
- IIITV M-Tech programme is a 2-year full-time course
- It comes with specialization in Computer science and engineering
- The first-semester curriculum focuses on teaching the fundamentals necessary to understand computer science
- Subsequent semester curriculum includes specialization in areas of computer science such as Computer vision, Graphics, and Multimedia, Data analytics, Signal and information processing
- Ph.D. Programme with IIITV is a 3-year full-time course
- The programme includes one or two semesters of course work and then 2-3 years of research work.
- Students are expected to prove their merit by getting their research work published in reputed journals
To know more about IIITV cut off
- 65.8% of students who participated in the placement drive got placed.
- Many Big companies such as ICICI Bank, Apttus, and Blue optima have visited the Government Engineering College campus for IIITV Placements.
Following graph shows the placement package details for the year 2017
Students can apply for the following as a part of IIITV Scholarships:
- Fellowship with the Parliament of India as a part of Speaker’s Research Initiative.
- Uttar Pradesh scholarship and fee reimbursement scheme
- Mukhyamantri Medhavi Vidyarthi yojana
- Central Sector Interest Subsidy Scheme