NIMCET 2018 Registration (Extended), Dates, Admit Card, Syllabus
NIT MCA Common Entrance Test (NIMCET) is a national-level test for admission to MCA program in the NITs. NIMCET 2018 will be administered by NIT Surathkal. The exam is scheduled for May 27 in offline mode. A total of 805 seats are offered in 11 NITs.
Registration for NIMCET 2018 has been extended until April 7 (5 pm). Candidates must have at least 60% aggregate (55% for SC/ST) in their Bachelor’s degree with Mathematics or Statistics as a subject to stand eligible. Nearly 25,000 candidates register for the test each year. Successfully registered candidates can download NIMCET Admit Card 2018 between May 14- 25, 2018.
- NIMCET 2018 will have 120 objective-type questions of 4 marks each. The duration of the test is 2 hours.
- The paper has 4 sections- Mathematics (50 questions), Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning (40 questions), Computer Awareness(10 questions),General English(20 questions).
- NIMCET 2018 Result will be declared on or before June 06. Candidates will be ranked based on their NIMCET Score and subsequently invited for counselling procedure.
Highlights of NIMCET 2018
|Exam Name||NIT MCA Common Entrance Test|
|Conducting Body||National Institute Of Technology, Surathkal|
|Mode of Exam||Paper Pen|
|Duration of Exam||120 minutes|
|Type and Number of Questions||120 MCQs|
|Number of Seats||805|
|NIMCET Helpline||0824-2473252 | email@example.com|
NIMCET 2018 Dates
Official notification announcing the timeline to be followed by NIMCET 2018 was released on February 27. The table below enlists all the important dates related to the exam:
|Release of NIMCET 2018 Offical Notification||February 27, 2018|
|Commencement of Online Registration||March 01, 2018|
|Last date to Apply||April 7, 2018 (till 5 P.M)|
|Availability of NIMCET Admit Card||May 14- 25, 2018|
|NIMCET 2018 Exam Date||May 27, 2018 (10 A.M.- 12 Noon)|
|Declaration of Result||June 06, 2018 (Tentative)|
|Commencement of online choice filling||June 10, 2018|
|End of online choice filling||June 14, 2018|
|NIMCET 2018 Seat Allotment||June 16- July 25, 2018|
Download Official NIMCET 2018 Brochure
NIMCET 2018 Eligibility
- Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- There is no stated age limit to be eligible for the exam
- Candidates must have studied B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Hons) / BCA / BIT/ B.E/ B.Tech of minimum three years full-time from a recognized University with Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the subjects.
- They must have minimum 60% marks in aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scales (55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10-point scale in case of SC/ ST).
- Candidates in the final year of qualifying exam are also eligible. They must present the passing certificate before September 15, 2018.
Number of Attempts:
- There is no limit on the number of times a candidate appears for NIMCET.
How to fill NIMCET 2018 Application Form?
Last Date to Apply- April 7, 2018
The step-wise process to apply for the exam is given below:
Step 1- Registration
- Visit the official website of NIMCET
- Register using Name, Email ID, Phone Number and Security Question
- A confirmation mail will be sent to the registered email ID
- Click on “confirm my account” on the email received.
- Reset the password
Step 2- Filling the Application Form
- Login using Email ID and Password
- Click on Application Form.
- Fill in the following information asked:
- Personal Details
- Academic Details
- Marks Information
- Test Center Choice (Top 3 preference)
- Click on “Submit”
- Review all the information provided. If any changes are required, go back and make the changes else click on “Submit”
Step 3- Uploading the Documents
- Upload the duly attested scanned images of the following documents in the stated specifications:
|Document||File Size||File Format|
|Photograph of the Candidate||50kb – 500kb||.jpg or JPEG|
|Signature of the Candidate||50kb – 500kb||.jpg or JPEG|
|Aadhaar Card||50kb – 500kb|
|Mark Sheet Year-wise (Class X, XII, College Semester)||50kb – 500kb|
- Click on Review the Application Form.
- Click on Final Submit.
Step 4- Payment of Application Fee
- The application fee for NIMCET 2018 can only be paid online using Netbanking/Debit Card/Credit Card. Application fee to be paid by candidates is as follows:
- After completing the payment, download and take a print out of the application form.
NIMCET 2018 Admit Card
Availability of Admit Card- April 14-25, 2018
- NIMCET 2018 Admit card can only be downloaded from the official website. No hall tickets are sent to candidates by post.
- Steps to download the admit card are as follows:
- Go on the official website nimcet.in
- Login using valid credentials
- Download admit card and check for any discrepancies
- Take a print out if all details are correct
- In case there is any difficulty/ problem in downloading NIMCET Admit Card, the candidates should send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com between May 14 – 25, 2018. They must state the details of the candidate’s application number and proof for the remittance of fee.
- Admit must be preserved till the end of the counselling procedure.
- In case of loss of NIMCET 2018 Admit Card, no request for issuance of duplicate admit card will be entertained.
|Information on NIMCET admit card|
|Name of candidate||Address of examination center|
|Candidate’s father and mother name||Date of examination|
|Candidate’s date of birth||Timing of examination|
|Photograph of candidate||Roll number|
|Signature of candidate||Registration number|
NIMCET 2018 Exam Center
NIMCET 2018 will be conducted in 21 cities across the country. The list of the same is given in the map and table below:
|Test Centre||Centre Code||Test Centre||Centre Code|
NIMCET 2018 Exam Pattern
Exam Date for NIMCET 2018- April 27, 2018
- NIMCET question paper is divided into 4 sections namely, Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, General English
- Each question has a weightage of 4 marks.
- The total weightage of the exam is 480 marks.
- 1 mark is deducted for each incorrect answer. There is no deduction for unattempted questions.
The section-wsie pattern is given below:
|Section||Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning||40||160|
Read Detailed NIMCET Exam Pattern
NIMCET 2018 Syllabus
There are basically for sections in NIMCET question paper. Syllabus for each subject is given below:
Computer Awareness Section
- Basics of Computer - Organization of a Computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Input / Output Devices, Computer Memory, Structure of instructions in CPU and Back-Up Devices
- Data Representation - Representation Of Characters, Binary And Hexadecimal Representations and Integers and Fractions
- Binary Arithmetic - Addition, Subtraction, Venn Diagrams, Multiplication, Division, Boolean Algebra, Simple Arithmetic And Two’s Complement Arithmetic, Floating Point Representation Of Numbers and Truth Tables
General English Section
Candidates will be tested for their understanding of general concepts of the English language. Following topics will be covered in this section:
|Basic English Grammar||Synonyms and Antonyms|
|Meaning of Idioms and Phrases||Technical Writing|
Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning Section
Candidates will be required to answer questions based on the details given in the passage. Candidates will also be tested for their aptitude in logical situations.
|Set Theory||Probability and Statistics|
NIMCET 2018 Preparation Books
Listed below are few books for candidates preparing for NIMCET 2018:
|Name of the Book||Publisher/Author|
|A Comprehensive Guide for M.C.A. Entrance Examination||R.S. Agarwal & Deepak Agarwal|
|A Concise English Grammar||RPH Editorial Board|
|A Modern Approach to Non-Verbal Reasoning||R.S. Aggarwal|
|A Text Book on Calculus||S. K. Goyal|
|Advance General English||H. S. Bhatia|
|All about Reasoning (Verbal)||Anjani A Gupta|
|Arihant MCA Entrance Test||Amit M. Agarwal|
|Arithmetic for Competitive Examinations||Jain & Sharma|
|Barron’s Military Flight Aptitude Tests||Terry L. Duran|
|Common Errors in English||Abul Hashem|
|English Reading Comprehension||Anjani A Gupta|
|Excel With Objective Book for NIMCET||J.B Dixit, Ruchi Sharma and Ashish Mangal|
|General English||Abul Hashem|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||A. K. Gupta|
|MCA Entrance Test (Self Study Guide)||Amit M. Agarwal|
|Mental Ability Tests||Dr.Lal & Jain|
|Test of English Language||RPH Editorial Board|
|Non Verbal Reasoning||B. S. Sijwali & Indu Sijwali|
|Numerical Ability & Mathematical Aptitude||Dr. A.B. Ra|
|Objective General English||Anjani A Gupta|
|Objective Mathematics||M. L. Khanna|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Rita Mishra|
|The Aptitude Test Workbook||Jim Barrett|
NIMCET 2018 Result
Release of NIMCET 2018 Result- June 6, 2018
- The scorecard can be download from the official website.
- Steps to download NIMCET 2018 Score Card:
- Go to the official website of NIMCET 2018
- Login using username and password
- View/download scorecard
- Print scorecard
- Based on the marks obtained by all candidates in the entrance exam, a merit/rank list will be prepared by the concerned authorities.
- Candidates who get their names in the merit list will be eligible for counselling for seat allotment.
In case two or more candidates secure the same NIMCET 2018 Score, following criteria will be followed to rank the candidates:
- Candidate scoring more marks in Mathematics will be ranked higher.
- Candidate scoring more in Analytical Ability & Logical reasoning will be ranked higher.
- Candidate scoring more in Computer Awareness will be ranked higher.
- If the tie is not resolved by the above criteria, then age will be considered i.e. older candidate will be ranked higher.
NIMCET 2018 Counselling
NIMCET 2018 Counselling Date- June 16- 25, 2018
- Online Counselling process is conducted in three rounds and candidates will be notified of the same accordingly.
- Candidates allotted seats during first two counselling rounds have to report to the specified NITs.
- If there are any vacant seats after the third counselling session, a final round of allotment will be conducted.
Steps in Counselling Process include:
- Register for the counselling session on the official website.
- Lock the order of preference of NITs between June 10 – 14, 2018.
- Pay an initial fee of INR 10000/- and present the receipt of the same at the time of the counselling.
- Documents to be presented by candidates appearing for remote reporting:
- Original academic documents
- Proof of Date of Birth
- Caste and relevant certificates for verification
- Payment receipt of the initial fee Rs. 10,000/- (to be paid through NIMCET 2018 website only)
- The candidate will also be issued a provisional admission letter
Note: Candidates who are allotted seats in first and second round of allotment and do not report at any reporting center between June 22 and 23, 2018, will be permanently deleted from the databaseand will not be offered any seat in the subsequent rounds of allotment.
Ques. What are the NITs accepting NIMCET Score?
Ans. A total of 11 NITs accept the scores of NIMCET exam. These are:
|NIMCET Participating Institutes|
|NIT Agartala||NIT Calicut|
|NITK Surathkal||NIT Durgapur|
|MNIT Bhopal||NIT Jamshedpur|
|NIT Trichy||NIT Warangal|
|NIT Raipur||NIT Kurukshetra|
Ques. What is the seat matrix of each NIT?
Ans. The table below gives the break up of seats in all the participating NITs:
|NIT||Quota||OP||OP- PwD||OBC||OBC- PwD||SC||SC- PwD||ST||ST- PwD||Total|
|Kurukshetra ** (Self Financing)||All India||14||1||8||0||5||0||2||0||30|
Ques. What can be carried to the exam hall?
Ans. Candidates have to bring their own black or blue ink ball point pen for filling bubbles and particulars on the OMR Sheet. Calculators, mobile phones or any other electronic gadgets are NOT allowed in to the examination hall. All rough work is to be done in the Test Booklet only.
Ques. How will the rank be calculated in NIMCET?
Ans. Based on the marks obtained by a qualified candidate in NIMCET-2018 test, a rank will be allotted by adopting the following criteria.
- The marks obtained in Mathematics, Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning, Computer Awareness, English, will be multiplied by a factor of 3, 1.5 , 2 and 1 respectively. Thus maximum weighted marks will be 1000.
- Ranking will be based on total weighted marks obtained by a candidate.
- In case of a tie, it will be resolved based on weighted marks in Mathematics, then on weighted marks in Analytical Ability & Logical reasoning and then on weighted marks in Computer Awareness. NIMCET-2018-Brochure.
- In case the tie is not resolved by the above criteria stated in the above paragraph, then it will be resolved by age i.e., in favour of elder candidate.
*The article might have information for the previous academic years, which will be updated soon subject to the notification issued by the University/College