Indian Institute of information technology Kota, popularly known as IIITK, was established in the year 2013 by the government of Rajasthan, MHRD and industry partners under Public Private Partnership mode.
Currently, IIITK is being mentored by the Malviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur. Its permanent campus in Kota is still under construction, so it has been operating form the Malviya National Institute of Technology campus.
Malviya National Institute of Technology
Type of institute
Boys-200 Girls -200
To know more about Hostel
IIITK Admissions and Courses
IIITK offers a 4-year B-Tech programme with the specialization in the following:
- Computer science and Engineering
- Electronics and communication Engineering
Computer Science and Engineering
- The CSE curriculum will include the use of state of art labs in near future.
- IIITK B-Tech admissions take place on the basis of JEE (Main) exam score conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- The institute admits 120 students in the CSE department.
- JoSAA/CSAB decides the eligibility for admission in IIIT-K on the basis of JEE (main) exam score.
Electronics and Communication Engineering
- IIITK started its first batch of ECE department in the year 2015.
- The institute takes in 60 students in the ECE department every year.
- IIITK Fee structure involves a 20% tuition fee waiver for ST/SC/PH students.
- To ensure the practical understanding of the subject matter, the institute has been trying to add state of art labs in the curriculum.
To know more about IIITK cut off
- IIITK students sit with MNIT students in the placement drives that take place on MNIT campus.
- The training and placement cell of IIITK facilitates industrial training is optional for the undergraduate students.
- Many biggies of the IT and other industries visit the MNIT campus for the IIITK Placements
- These include companies such as Deloitte, Amazon, Goldman Sachs, Samsung etc.
Following graph shows the placement and internship data for 3 years
Students are recruited in all types of industries including the following:
- Core Engineering Industries
- IT & IT enabled services
- Consultancy Firms
- Investment & Finance Companies
- Management Organizations
- R & D laboratories
Students can apply for a number of central and state level scholarship schemes. The eligibility for the schemes is both merits as well as need. The family income below a certain amount and JEE score above a certain number are eligible to apply for the IIITK scholarship schemes. These are the following scholarship schemes:
- Central Sector Scholarship of Top Class Education for SC students offered by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, New Delhi
- National Fellowship and Scholarship offered with the aim of providing Higher Education for ST students
- National Scholarship for Persons with Disabilities (Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment GOI) Trust fund
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship for Students of Minority Communities made available by the Ministry of Minority Affairs, New Delhi
- Ministry of Steel Authority Scholarship to the student of Metallurgical & Material Engineering. Department.
- Central Sector Scholarship for College and University Students offered by the MHRD and the Government of India