IIM Sambalpur, Odisha founded in 2015 is among the newly established IIMs in the country. The institute is mentored by IIM Indore and offers MBA, Ph.D, E-Ph.D, and MDP courses. Known for its flagship MBA program, IIM Sambalpur considers CAT score and Interview for admission.
IIM Sambalpur offers Admission to MBA, Executive MBA and Ph.D courses. The MBA program has an intake of 140 students and the selection to the course is based on the performance in CAT as well as in Personal Interview. Whereas the admission process of the Ph.D course consists of the scores secured in CAT/GRE/GATE/GMAT/JRF.
IIM Sambalpur, recently founded office of International Relations (OIR) is a complete student body that facilitates various international MoUs and students exchange programs. On March 01, 2021, IIM Sambalpur joined hands with Sol International School - Woosong University, South Korea and Signed an MoU for the student exchange program. Another MoU, on Feb 22 was signed by IIM Sambalpur with CTBC Business School, Taiwan.
IIM Sambalpur Latest Update:
IIM Sambalpur is accepting applications for the recently launched Executive MBA program. The online application for the program are ongoing and aspirants can register before May 31.
IIM Sambalpur finished the MBA admission process for the year via CAP 2021. IIM Sambalpur MBA Selection Process 2021 consist of the score secured in CAT along with the performance in Personal Interview.
IIM Sambalpur Quick Facts:
- For 2021, MBA Admission at IIM Sambalpur, minimum required CAT cutoff remained 90 percentile. Check IIM Sambalpur Admission
- The Fee for PGP course at IIM Sambalpur is INR 10 LPA, which is a significant ROI considering the average package of INR 11.6 LPA.
- The average CTC offered to the student of IIM Sambalpur is INR 11.6 LPA, whereas the highest CTC offered by the institute is INR 19 LPA. Check IIM Sambalpur Placement
- In Summer Placements 2021, IIM Sambalpur students bagged a highest Stipend of INR 1.6 L and average stipend of INR 70,078 for Summer Stipend.
- Faculty at IIM Sambalpur is well qualified, having a minimum of 10 years teaching/research/industry experience. Check IIM Sambalpur Faculty
Which IIM is better: IIM Sambalpur, IIM Bodhgaya or IIM Sirmaur?
There is a basic comparison between IIM Sambalpur, IIM Bodhgaya and IIM Sirmaur regarding the placements
IIM Sambalpur CAT Cutoff 2021
IIM Sambalpur cutoff has been released for admission to the MBA course. The CAT cutoff for 2021 is given below:
|Category||Quantitative Aptitude||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||Verbal & Reading Comprehension||Total Percentile|
IIM Sambalpur Course, Selection Process
Indian Institute of Management Sambalpur offers the following programs:
|Course Name||Eligibility||Fee (Yearly)|
Eligibility: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks
Selection Criteria: CAT Score + Interview
|INR 10.5 Lakhs|
Eligibility: Master’s Degree with at least 60% in the concerned subject/ B.E or B.Tech with at least 6.5 CGPA/ C.A/ICWA/CS + B.Com (Hons) with at least 55%.
Selection Criteria: IIMSAT/ CAT/ GRE/ GMAT
|INR 9 Lakhs|
Master’s degree or PG diploma in any discipline with at least 55% aggregate or equivalent grade point average in the bachelor’s as well as 60% in the master’s degree
Selection Criteria: CAT/ GRE/ GATE/ GMAT/ JRF-UGC/ CSIR NET
|INR 2.5 Lakhs|
Eligibility: PG Degree in the relevant discipline with 50% marks .
Selection Criteria: CAT/ GRE/ GATE/ GMAT/ JRF-UGC/ CSIR NET/ IIMSAT
|INR 5.5 Lakhs|
Check: IIM Sambalpur Fees
IIM Sambalpur MBA Batch Profile
Out of the class size of 92, the average work experience is 25 months and 76.1% of students are a graduate of Engineering and 12% of students have a background of BBA/B.Com.
IIM Sambalpur Placements
Indian Institute of Management Sambalpur ranking has recorded another growth year in terms of placements, despite COVID. With almost a 50% increase in the batch size and a 104% increase in the total number of visiting companies on campus, IIM Sambalpur has the highest CTC of INR 19 LPA. The key roles offered to the students were Consulting, Equity Research Analyst, Executive Assistant, Sales Manager, Management Trainee, Business Development Consultant.
- Highest CTC: 19 LPA
- Average CTC: 11.6 LPA
- Batch Strength: 92
- Placement Rate: 100%
Top Recruiting Domains remained Sales and Marketing, BFSI, Consulting, IT/Analytics, Operations, Business Development and HR. Consulting, BFSI, FMCG, IT/ITES, and Edu-Techs emerged as most sought after. More than 50% of the 2019 batch opted for these industries.
For summer placements in IIM Sambalpur, the highest stipend offered was INR 1,60,000 (domestic). The top quartile of the batch received an average stipend of INR 82,640, the other top half of the batch secured an average stipend of INR 66,600 wherein the average and median stipend of the whole batch stood at INR 55,432 and INR 50,000 respectively.
Check: IIM Sambalpur Placements
IIM Sambalpur FAQs
Ques. How is IIM Sambalpur?
Ans. IIM Sambalpur is one of the youngest IIM which offers admission to MBA, Executive MBA and PhD courses. Moreover, the campus of the institute is currently aligned with Silicon Institute of Technology Sambalpur but the institute has it’s separate classrooms, lab,s and libraries as well. The faculty of the institute is highly qualified. IIM Sambalpur also has a student exchange program, in which IIM Sambalpur has joined hands with the top B Schools of Europe and Asia.
Ques. What is the basic eligibility criteria for admissions at IIM Sambalpur for its MBA course?
Ans. IIMS offers two types of MBA courses. One is a general MBA course, while the other is an EMBA course. The criteria are :
- MBA: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks from a recognized university.
- EMBA: Master’s Degree with at least 60% in the concerned subject/ B.E or B.Tech with at least 6.5 CGPA/ C.A/ICWA/CS + B.Com (Hons) with at least 55%. Check IIM Sambalpur MBA Admission
Ques. What is the admission process followed by IIM Sambalpur?
Ans. IIM Sambalpur offers admissions in PGPM and Ph.D. courses through the CAT examination. IIM Sambalpur selection procedure consists of the following:
- Phase 1: National level entrance exam: CAT (Common Aptitude Test) - 35% weightage
- Phase 2: Short Listing Candidates for Personal Appearance (Written Analysis and Personal Interview) - 20% weightage
- Phase 3: Candidate’s profile includes Past Academic Performance - 45% weightage
- Final Phase: The final selection is based on the total aggregate of CAT score, PA, and Past Academic Performance. Check IIM Sambalpur Admission
Ques. How are placements at IIM Sambalpur?
Ans. Indian Institute of Management Sambalpur ranking has been increased because of its placement records in every academic year. With almost a 50% increase in the batch size and a 104% increase in the total number of visiting companies on campus The key roles offered to the students were Consulting, Equity Research Analyst, Executive Assistant, Sales Manager, Management Trainee, Business Development Consultant. Check: IIM Sambalpur Placements
Ques. Are there any hostel facilities available at IIM Sambalpur?
Ans. Yes, there are currently three hostel buildings inside the campus of the institute: 2 for boys and 1 for girls. The rooms are properly ventilated and well-furnished with a bed, almirah, mattress, study-tables for each student. The institute also has high-speed Wi-Fi accessible from anywhere within the campus premises. Check IIM Sambalpur Hostel
Ques. What are the facilities available at IIM Sambalpur?
Ans. Following are some of the facilities offered by the Institute to cater to the needs of the students:
- Library: There is a rich collection of more than 153,000 articles, 80 journals, 148,302 book titles from world-renowned publishers. Students can get access to e-resources like JSTOR, EBSCO, Ebrary, ISID.
- Classrooms: The Institute has classrooms equipped with the latest technology and high-speed connectivity. It is the first institute to introduce the system of flip classroom wherein most of the learning happens outside classrooms.