IIM Sambalpur is one of the newly established and it offers various management courses. MBA is the flagship course of the Institute for which admission criteria consider the scores secured in the CAT and Performance in Personal Interview along with the Academics Records and Work Experience. The final merit list will be prepared according to the following criteria:
- CAT Score: 35%
- Personal Appearance:20%
- Profile: 45%
IIM Sambalpur Latest Update: IIM Sambalpur has started the first phase of the personal interview from Feb 15-20 for CAP 2021. The last date for CAP registration was Jan 23. The selection process of IIM Sambalpur consists of the score secured in CAT along with the performance in Personal Interview.
IIM Sambalpur offers admission to MBA, Executive MBA and PhD courses. The MBA programme has an intake of 140 students and the selection to the course is based on the performance in CAT as well as in Personal Interview. Whereas the admission process of the PhD course consists of the scores secured in CAT/GRE/GATE/GMAT/JRF.
IIM Sambalpur Quick Facts:
- According to students reviews at Collegedunia, the placement of the IIM Sambalpur is quite better than the other baby IIMs.
- The average CTC offered to the student of IIM Sambalpur is INR 11.6 LPA, where as the highest CTC offered by the institute is INR 19 LPA.
- Moreover, the campus of the institute is currently aligned with Silicon Institute of Technology Sambalpur but the institute has it’s separate classrooms, lab and library as well. The faculty of the institute is highly qualified.
- IIM Sambalpur also has a student exchange program, in which IIM Sambalpur has joined hands with the top B Schools of Europe and Asia.
- In comparison to IIM Bodhgaya and IIM Sirmaur, IIM Sambalpur is having a better placement record. IIM Bodhgaya and IIM Sirmaur get an average package of INR 10 LPA and INR 11 LPA respectively.
- What is the average package of IIM Sambalpur?
- Which one should be chosen between XIMB and IIM Sambalpur?
IIM Sambalpur CAT Cutoff 2021
IIM Sambalpur cutoff has been released for admission to the MBA course. The CAT cutoff for 2021 is given below:
|Category||Quantitative Aptitude||Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning||Verbal & Reading Comprehension||Total Percentile|
IIM Sambalpur Course, Selection Process
Indian Institute of Management Sambalpur offers the following programs:
|Course Name||Eligibility||Selection Process||Fee (Yearly)|
|MBA (Know More)||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks||CAT||INR 5.4 Lakhs|
|EMBA (Know More)||Master’s Degree with at least 60% in the concerned subject/ B.E or B.Tech with at least 6.5 CGPA/ C.A/ICWA/CS + B.Com (Hons) with at least 55%.||INR 5.25 Lakhs|
|PhD (Know More)||Master’s degree or PG diploma in any discipline with at least 55% aggregate or equivalent grade point average in the bachelor’s as well as 60% in the master’s degree||CAT/ GRE/ GATE/ GMAT/ JRF-UGC/ CSIR NET||INR 2.5 Lakhs|
Check: IIM Sambalpur Fees
IIM Sambalpur Demographics (Batch 2018-2020)
Out of the class size of 92, the average work experience is 25 months and 76.1% of students are a graduate of Engineering and 12% of students have a background of BBA/B.Com.
IIM Sambalpur Batch 2018-2020 Placements
Indian Institute of Management Sambalpur ranking has been increased because of its placement records in every academic year. With almost a 50% increase in the batch size and a 104% increase in the total number of visiting companies on campus, IIM Sambalpur has the highest CTC of INR 18.92 LPA. The key roles offered to the students were Consulting, Equity Research Analyst, Executive Assistant, Sales Manager, Management Trainee, Business Development Consultant.
Tabulated below are the placement statistics for this year:
|Highest CTC||INR 18.92 LPA|
|Average CTC||INR 10.87 LPA|
|Median CTC||INR 10.50 LPA|
|Top 25%||INR 13.79 LPA|
The institute hosted a variety of enterprises, including a large number for first-time recruiters, who made offers to IIM Sambalpur students. Prominent among many other companies are Deloitte, OYO, Ernst & Young, Ericsson, IQVIA, Newgen, Parekh, Motilal Oswal, HDFC Bank, Reliance Jio, SBI Life, Vedanta, Aarthi Industries, Evalueserve, and AGS Transact.
Check: IIM Sambalpur Placements
Which IIM to choose?
There is a basic comparison between IIM Sambalpur, IIM Bodhgaya and IIM Sirmaur regarding the placements
|Placement CTC||Average: INR 10.87
Highest: INR 18.92 LPA
|Average: INR 10 LPA
Highest: INR 18 LPA
|Average: INR 11.28 LPA
Highest: INR 26 LPA
|No. of Student||92||95||98|
|Know More||-||Click Here||Click Here|
IIM Sambalpur FAQs
Ques. How is IIM Sambalpur an institution?
Ans. IIM Sambalpur is one of the youngest IIM which offers admission to MBA, Executive MBA and PhD courses. Moreover, the campus of the institute is currently aligned with Silicon Institute of Technology Sambalpur but the institute has it’s separate classrooms, lab and library as well. The faculty of the institute is highly qualified. IIM Sambalpur also has a student exchange program, in which IIM Sambalpur has joined hands with the top B Schools of Europe and Asia.
Ques. What is the basic eligibility criteria for admissions at IIM Sambalpur for its MBA course?
Ans. IIMS offers two types of MBA courses. One is a general MBA course, while the other is an EMBA course. The criteria are :
- MBA: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with 50% marks from a recognized university.
- EMBA: Master’s Degree with at least 60% in the concerned subject/ B.E or B.Tech with at least 6.5 CGPA/ C.A/ICWA/CS + B.Com (Hons) with at least 55%.
Ques. What is the admission process followed by IIM Sambalpur?
Ans. IIM Sambalpur offers admissions in PGPM and Ph.D. courses through the CAT examination. IIM Sambalpur selection procedure consists of the following:
- Phase 1: National level entrance exam: CAT (Common Aptitude Test) - 35% weightage
- Phase 2: Short Listing Candidates for Personal Appearance (Written Analysis and Personal Interview) - 20% weightage
- Phase 3: Candidate’s profile includes Past Academic Performance - 45% weightage
- Final Phase: The final selection is based on the total aggregate of CAT score, PA, and Past Academic Performance.
Ques. How is the placement avenue at IIM Sambalpur?
Ans. Indian Institute of Management Sambalpur ranking has been increased because of its placement records in every academic year. With almost a 50% increase in the batch size and a 104% increase in the total number of visiting companies on campus The key roles offered to the students were Consulting, Equity Research Analyst, Executive Assistant, Sales Manager, Management Trainee, Business Development Consultant.
Ques. Are there any hostel facilities available at IIM Sambalpur?
Ans. Yes, there are currently three hostel buildings inside the campus of the institute: 2 for boys and 1 for girls. The rooms are properly ventilated and well-furnished with a bed, almirah, mattress, study-tables for each student. The institute also has high-speed Wi-Fi accessible from anywhere within the campus premises.
Ques. What are some of the facilities available at IIM Sambalpur?
Ans. Following are some of the facilities offered by the Institute to cater to the needs of the students:
- Library: There is a rich collection of more than 153,000 articles, 80 journals, 148,302 book titles from world-renowned publishers. Students can get access to e-resources like JSTOR, EBSCO, Ebrary, ISID.
- Classrooms: The Institute has classrooms equipped with the latest technology and high-speed connectivity. It is the first institute to introduce the system of flip classroom wherein most of the learning happens outside classrooms.