Maharashtra National Law University (MNLU) Mumbai is a national law university established in the year 2014. It is affiliated with Bar Council of India and is approved by UGC. The university offers BA-LLB at the UG level, LLM at the PG level and Ph.D. in law at the doctoral level. It aims to provide excellent legal education under the guidance of highly experienced faculties. The university has good infrastructure and student centric facilities to create a great learning atmosphere.
MNLU LLM Admission 2021: Application for LLM Admission is going on. Eligible candidates can visit the official website to apply till May 13, 2021. Visit official website to apply.
MNLU Mumbai Highlights
|Established in | Institute Type||2014 | Pubic|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG & Doctoral|
|Admission Criteria||Merit & Entrance based|
|Entrance Exam accepted||CLAT, PAT|
|Application mode||Online & Offline|
|Campus Area||21 Acres|
MNLU Mumbai Courses
Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai offers the following courses at the UG, PG & Doctoral level:
Read more: MNLU Mumbai Courses and Fees
MNLU Mumbai Admissions
- BA-LLB Admission: Admission to the course is strictly on the basis of candidates’ performance on CLAT. Candidates need to register themselves on the official site of CLAT. The total intake capacity to B.A.LL.B program is 100 out of which there are 20 supernumerary seats under Foreign National / NRI / NRI Sponsored category and remaining 2 seats are for Jammu & Kashmir permanent residents
- LLM Admission: Admission to the LLM course is also on the basis of candidates’ performance on CLAT. Candidates need to register themselves on the official site of CLAT. The total intake capacity to this program is 50 out of which there are 10 supernumerary seats under Foreign National / NRI / NRI Sponsored category and remaining 2 seats are for Jammu & Kashmir permanent residents
- Ph.D. Admission: The admission to the Ph.D. course shall be made through Ph.D. Admission Test (PAT) which is conducted by the University. UGC-NET / JRF qualified candidates need not to appear in the test & can appear directly in the personal interview.
Read more: MNLU Mumbai Admission
MNLU Mumbai Placements
Like every other college, Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai has its own Internship Cell which provides various internship opportunities to students which include clerkship under judges of High court, working under councils of Supreme Court and High Court.
Many students managed to get internships at top law firms like Luthra & Luthra, AZB & Partners, CAM, etc.
As MNLU, Mumbai was established in 2014 with its first batch being placed in the Year 2019. As of now, there are no records on placement details.
Read more: MNLU Mumbai Placements
MNLU Mumbai Scholarships
Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai offers scholarships and fees concessions to the reserved category students. Details are listed below:
- The Department of Social Justice & Assistance, Government of Maharashtra provides scholarships to reserved category students of Maharashtra State.
- Students domiciled in Maharashtra are offered a 25% concession in tuition fees.
- Students out of Maharashtra state can avail of the scholarship under Central/ State government rules & policies.
Read more: MNLU Mumbai Scholarships
MNLU Mumbai Facilities
Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai MNLU is fully equipped with the facilities needed by law students which help them in learning and relaxing.
Facilities provided are listed below:
- Hostel: The university has fully furnished hostels for boys and girls. Hostels are fully equipped with all services like a water cooler, fan, wifi, lights, etc. For the safety of students, CCTV cameras and Security guards are available 24x7.
- Moot Court Hall: Moot court sessions are the extracurricular activity in law colleges. It helps students analyse a problem, research the relevant law, and prepare submissions, and present oral arguments.
- Meditation Centre: There is an on-campus meditation centre. It’s a good way of relaxing and maintaining a peaceful mind.
- Internship Cell: There is a dedicated internship cell which helps students in training for real life and providing intern opportunities.
- Library: A fully furnished library equipped with all facilities and books from various authors to read.
Read more: MNLU Mumbai Hostel
MNLU Mumbai FAQs
Ques. Does MNLU Mumbai provide financial assistance?
Ans. Yes, the university provides scholarships to students. There are total 2 scholarships and one concession (for Maharashtra domiciled) students.
Ques. How are the faculties at MNLU Mumbai?
Ans. Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai has a wide variety of faculty members, across all departments. Most of the faculty members are Ph.D. graduates. All of the faculty members are highly qualified and experienced in their domain of expertise. They are ready to help students inside and outside of classrooms.
Ques. What are the total fees of LLM at MNLU Mumbai?
Ans. The total fees of LLM at Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai is INR 1.1 Lakhs
Ques. How are the placements at MNLU Mumbai?
Ans. As of now, there are no details of placements as the first batch graduated recently. But, the college does have an internship cell which helps in students getting internships and has a good number of students in different firms as an intern.
Ques. Is there any seat reserved for women candidates at MNLU Mumbai?
Ans. Yes, there are 30% seats reserved for women and 5% seats reserved for PWD candidates.