UEM Kolkata is established in the year 2014 by Act No 25 of 2014 of Govt of West Bengal. Being located in New Town, the Smart City of Eastern India and very near to the Netaji Subhash International Airport, the students of the University are exposed to the top corporates. UEM Kolkata has stood one out of the top 10 institutes of India including all IITs and all NITs of the country in the NPTEL program ranked by IIT Kharagpur and IIT Chennai.
UEM has been established by the IEM group, Kolkata. The IEM UEM group is an acclaimed educational group amongst the industry-centred academic training organisations of today. IEM has set sublime standards in addressing the technical and managerial resource shortage in the new era of dynamic globalisation. The IEM UEM group has risen to fame for its strong foundation in teaching and R&D in multifaceted areas. It aims to serve the future generation as well as the Nation through its commitment towards self sufficiency and unmatchable excellence.
Since its inception, the IEM UEM group has surpassed innumerable benchmarks of achievements and accreditations. Today IEM flaunts a colossal network of expansive operations led by an awe-inspiring student force who are the torchbearers of a better tomorrow.
The IEM UEM Group has opened up the doors for young minds who dare to dream. It encourages the spirit of free enquiry and imagination. In this temple of learning, dreams take shape. The educational group attempts to inculcate the sense of human values and discipline in students to make them respectable human beings. It encourages learners to learn, to realize their potential and imbibe the best practices.
Right from its inception the placement cells of both IEM and UEM have consistently provided for 1 to 2 jobs on average for all its students.
i) UEM Kolkata has won “AAA” category (first 10 institutes nationally among all institutes of India including all IITs and NITs) in NPTEL program (IIT Kharagpur and IIT Chennai)
ii) UEM Kolkata organized UEMCON-2016 in Columbia University, New York, USA in association with IEEE New York, IEEE USA and IEEE Region 1
iii) UEM Kolkata student has stood 1st amongst all students of India in NPTEL program
iii) The educational group has one of the strongest Placement Cells in the country. Right from its inception UEM has provided for 1 to 2 jobs on an average for all its students. The same story has been repeated even in the year 2016 with all students of both IEM and UEM getting 1 to 2 job offers on average.
iv) IEM has ranked the 3rd best engineering college in West Bengal after IIT Kharagpur and NIT Durgapur by NIRF (National Institutional Ranking Framework), Ministry of HRD, Govt of India, amd 79th all across India, where all IITs, NITs
v) IEM has won the title of the “Jewel of the East” by Telegraph
vi) IEM has won the title of “Picture Perfect” by ABP Group
vii) IEM has achieved the best institute of India in Star News Award
viii) IEM organized IEMCON-2015 and IEMCON-2016 in University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada in association with IEEE Vancouver
Why to join UEM Kolkata?
1) University of Engineering & Management (UEM) is established by the most reputed self-financed engineering institute of Eastern India, namely IEM.
2) Placement cells of IEM and UEM are same, which conducts placement of IEM and UEM togetherly.
3) Placement of UEM is dual i.e. held twice - once with the IEM students and once separately at Kolkata, Delhi and Bangalore.
4) Right from its inception, IEM has been providing on an average of 1 to 2 jobs per student for all its students for the last 15 years.
5) The same story has been repeated at UEM also where for both its founding batches, all students have got 1 to 2 job offers on an average.
6) UEM has got a finest set of teachers many of them from the IITs, NITs and the IIMs. It has got the finest teacher-student relationship. UEM encourages Active Learning, where the students are encouraged to learn topics based on a lesson plan and have a fruitful discussion on the subject in the class hours.
7) UEM brings in guest lecturers regularly from the industry and academia on a regular basis via which students get chance to interact with top professors and top corporates of the country and abroad.
8) UEM organizes regular workshops, seminars via which students get to learn hand to hand work on Robotics, Computer Vision, Web Programming, App Development, Ethical Hacking etc.
9) Regular technical festivals, cultural festivals, sports festivals are held on campus.
10) Students and teachers organize regular International conferences, many of them abroad at University of British Columbia - Vancouver - Canada, Columbia University - New York - USA, Bangkok Thailand, Las Vegas USA etc. The University has got teachers and students exchange program with Europe and USA, where students may travel to Europe and study for a semester or European students may travel to the University for studying a semester.