Indian Institute of Information Technology, Ranchi (IIITR), is one of the Indian Institute of Information Technology established in the year 2016 by MHRD, Government of India and Government of Jharkhand and many more industrial partners. The institute is located in Ranchi, Jharkhand. The institute is mentored by NIT Jamshedpur. The institute is aimed to provide academic excellence and growth to the students. IIITR offers the undergraduate programme in two specializations.
Prof. Karunesh Kumar Shukla
Type of University
Laboratories, seminar hall, computer lab, auditorium, hostel, mess
Departments at IIITR
- Department of Computer Science and Engineering
- Department of Electronic Communication and Engineering
- Department of Physics
- Department of Mathematics
IIITR courses and eligibility criteria
- IIIT Ranchi offers 4-year, full-time B.Tech Course in two streams which are computer science and engineering and electronic communication and engineering.
- The candidate who has completed 10+2 with physics, chemistry and maths as compulsory subjects and scored minimum 75% marks are eligible for B.Tech course.
Read more about IIITR courses and fees
- Every year IIIT Ranchi admits not more than 60 students for B.Tech programme.
- The selection of the eligible students is done through their score in JEE-Main examination followed by counselling done by JoSAA.
- There are no direct admissions in any of the programmes at IIIT Ranchi.
- The students seeking admissions in IIITR needs to meet the JEE-Main cut-off.
Read more about IIITR admissions
Why IIIT Ranchi?
- The programmes provided by IIITR are flexible.
- Project-based learning methodology is used.
- IIITR has quality faculty.
- IIITR provides industrial practices also.
- IIIT Ranchi focuses on the academic excellence of students.
- Ragging free campus