The Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT), Kottayam is a public autonomous engineering institute set up in 2015. The institute offers 4-year B.Tech programs with specialized courses in addition to Ph.D. programs in CSE, ECE, and Mathematics as well as M.Tech in AI & Data Science for the working professionals. Admissions are through JoSAA/ CSAB counseling against the JEE main rank list. The top recruiters include TCS, IBM, and SAP LABS.
IIIT Kottayam Highlights
|Established | Type||2015 | Autonomous|
|Approved||UGC and MHRD|
|Courses||B.Tech, M.Tech, and Ph.D|
|Admission Criteria||Counseling on Entrance Test|
|Top Recruiters||TCS, IBM, SAP LABS, etc.|
|Facilities||Canteen, Auditorium, Gym, Classroom, Hostel, etc.|
IIIT Kottayam Courses
IIIT Kottayam offers 4-year B.Tech programs with specialized courses in addition to Ph.D. programs in CSE, ECE, and Mathematics as well as M.Tech in AI & Data Science for the working professionals. The details of the programs are mentioned below.
|B.Tech||Duration: 4 Years
Specializations: Computer Science And Engineering, Bioinformatics, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence and High-Performance Computing
Selection Criteria: JEE Mains
Fees per annum: INR 1.35 lakhs
|B.Tech + MS||Duration: 3 to 5 years
Eligibility: B.Tech /BE /AMIE degree with 60% and 1-year of work experience
Specializations: Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
Selection Criteria: Written Test and Interview
Fees: INR 8500 per credit (6 credits)
|Ph.D||Duration: 3 to 5 years
Specializations: Mathematics, Computer Science And Engineering and Electronics And Communications Engineering
Selection Criteria: Written Test and Interview
Read More: IIIT Kottayam Fees
IIIT Kottayam Admission
Admissions to the B.Tech courses are on the basis of the JEE Mains ranks. On the other hand, admissions both the M.Tech course and the Ph.D. courses are on the basis of a written test and interview conducted by the college itself. The candidates must fit the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
How to Apply?
The application form can be filled online through the website of the Institute.
- Visit the official website of IIIT Kottayam (https://www.iiitkottayam.ac.in/)
- Fill the application form through the required personal and academic details.
- Upload the required documents and photographs.
- Select the course to apply to.
- Pay the application fee of INR 1000.
- Submit the application form and take a print out of it.
Applicants are required to upload the following during the submission online application:
- Latest passport size photograph in JPG format
- Scanned signature of applicant in JPG format
- Applicant’s Passport
- Proof for date of birth
- Experience Certificate from the place of work (industry) for M.Tech
- Scanned copy of Qualifying degree Mark lists and Certificates.
Read More: IIIT Kottayam Admission
IIIT Kottayam Placements
The institute is excellent in terms of placement, internship, and training programs. The leading industries line up for conducting interviews and placement/ internship drives to the second year and third-year students. The students of IIIT Kottayam easily attract industries for pursuing an internship during their summer/ winter vacations (4 months per year). Most often, these internships do lead to their placement offers. During internships, students attract over INR 15000 to INR 35000 per month from these companies. Some of the top recruiters include:
IIIT Kottayam Facilities
Some of the facilities provided by the college include:
- Hostel: Separate hostel accommodation is provided for boys and girls. There is one large hostel for boys and one hostel for girls. All the hostels have common rooms, 24-hour Wifi-connectivity, and recreational centers where newspapers, magazines, and TVs are available. Round the clock water and electricity are provided. Laundry types of equipment are also available in the hostels.
- Internet: The campus is equipped with an internet bandwidth of 1 Gbps with Wifi access. At present, there are 220 systems with wired connectivity, and sufficient access points are provided for wireless connectivity.
- Gymnasium: IIIT Kottayam has a well-equipped gymnasium including Spinning Bike, Treadmill, and Elliptical Cross Trainer. Students can avail of the facilities of the gym with the proper guidance of Physical Trainer.
- Medical Facility: IIIT-K students have access to round the clock medical facility. A fully equipped ambulance handles emergency cases. Medical facilities are given vital importance and each student is given complete care.
Read More: IIIT Kottayam Hostel Fees
IIIT Kottayam Overview
- IIIT Kottayam is composed of the world-class qualified faculty members who are eager to continue research and contribute to the Indian/International society.
- They design the courses as per the needs of the partnered industries and international requirements.
- IIIT Kottayam has already established MoU with some leading industrial/ academic institutions to ensure placements or organize knowledge transfer programs.
IIIT Kottayam FAQs
Ques. What was the IIIT Kottayam cut-off for 2019?
Read More: IIIT Kottayam Cutoff
Ques. What is the fee structure for the M.Tech program?
Ques. I am a BTech Graduate in a non-computer science background. Can I join the M.Tech course at IIIT Kottayam?
Ques. What are the important dates for the new M.Tech program?
|Release of online application form||24-06-2020|
|Last date for submitting online applications||09-07-2020 Extended to 17-07-2020|
|Announcement of Selection List for written test and/ interview||20-07-2020|
|Date of written test and /interviews||23-07-2020 to 27-07-2020|
|Announcement of selected candidates||30-07-2020|
|Commencement of classes||09-08-2020|
Ques. I still have questions regarding admissions/PG degree programs at IIIT Kottayam, whom shall I contact?
Ques. What is CSE average package at IIIT Kottayam?