IIM Jammu is the youngest institute in the family of IIMs, established in 2016. The institute is currently being mentored by IIM Lucknow and will soon shift to its permanent campus in Jammu. The flagship program of the institute is a 2-years MBA specialized in 8 streams. IIM Jammu admission 2021 for the MBA program is set at 90 CAT percentile (for all candidates) and 87 CAT percentile (for female candidates).
IIM Jammu Admission Updates:
- IIM Jammu Shortlist 2021 includes 700 candidates in the PI and WAT round waitlist. These candidates will now be called for stage 2 before the final selection. Check IIM Jammu Selection Criteria
- 40% of the weightage in the final selection is given to CAT percentile, PI round 20%, and WAT round 10%. Check IIM Jammu Selection Parameters.
- Candidates with 92-100% in the 10th, 12th, Graduation have high chances of getting selected in the final stage of selection.
Why IIM Jammu?
- After IIM Indore, IIM Ranchi, IIM Rohtak, and IIM Bodhgaya, IIM Jammu has introduced IPM from the academic year 2021. Check more about IIM Jammu IPM.
- The seat intake at IIM Jammu for the MBA program is increasing with every subsequent batch. Starting with 47 intake capacity in 2016, the 2021 intake has reached up to 240.
- Despite being the youngest IIM, the institute has successfully placed its students in top-notch companies such as ICICI Bank, TATA Power, Deloitte, Tech Mahindra, etc.
- The institute has international linkages with top universities such as Alba Graduate Business School (Greece), ESC Clermont Business School (France), HEM Business School (Morocco), Kazan National Research Technical University (Russia), etc.
- IIM Jammu was the first IIM to start the International Immersion Program (IIP).
- The summer placements of IIM Jammu have seen excellent growth starting with an average stipend of INR 17,440 and reaching up to INR 42, 575. Check IIM Jammu Placement.
- In addition to the CAP counseling, the institute conducts its own SAP counseling for candidates who could not qualify for CAP rounds at once.
- There are a total of 30 faculty members at IIM Jammu all of them holding PhD degrees in their specialized fields. The faculty members come from prominent institutes such as IIT Kharagpur, IIT Guwahati, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Hyderabad, etc. Check IIM Jammu Faculty
IIM Jammu Courses
|MBA||Duration: 2 years
Eligibility: 60% aggregate marks in Graduation
Selection criteria: CAT score+ PI round
Specialization: Finance & Accounting, Business Communication, Economics & Business Environment, Marketing, Operations, Supply Chain & Decision Sciences, IT Systems & Analytics, Business Policy, and Strategy & General Management
|IPM||Duration: 5 years
Eligibility: 60% marks in 10+2
Selection Criteria: JIPMAT
|Ph.D||Duration: 3 years
Eligibility: 60% aggregate marks Postgraduate program
Selection criteria: CAT/ GMAT/ GRE/ GATE/ JRF (UGC/ CSIR) Score, academic performance, and work experience.
Read More: IIM Jammu Fees
IIM Jammu MBA
IIM Jammu MBA is a full-time residential program with 6 semesters (3 semesters each year) and 8 weeks of a summer internship. The total fee for the program is INR 14,82 Lacs including all the charges. With the moderate fee amount, the institute places students in well-known companies with an average salary package of INR 10 LPA.
IIM Jammu MBA program includes International Immersion Program whereby the students are sent for a 4-week international visit to various international companies such as Volkswagen Automation city for full-day, BMW Motor Manufacturing unit in Berlin and The Central Bank of Germany.
IIM Jammu MBA Cut off
IIM Jammu sectional cut off of CAT percentile required in each section and overall percentile for shortlisting candidates for personal interview are given below:
For all candidates
Read More: IIM Jammu Cut off
IIM Jammu MBA Batch Overview 2019-21
The batch of 2019-21 MBA program at IIM Jammu consists of 94 students with 74 students from the Engineering field, 4 from Commerce, 7 from Science, 6 from Management, and 3 from other streams. The average work experience of the current students is 6.45 months. However, there are students with no work experience too. Out of 94 students, 62 are fresh minds, the stats of working experience of other students is shown in the table below:
The age of the students ranges between 22-30 years. The average age in the current batch is 23 years. The majority of the freshers belong to the 22-23 age range. The chart below shows the range of age groups of the 2019-21 batch:
IIM Jammu IPM
The IPM program at IIM Jammu is a 5-year integrated program specialized in Languages, Mathematics, Science & Technology, Arts & Humanities, Business & Commerce, and Sustainability % Environmental Studies.
After the completion of 1st year, the student is required to go under a social internship in any Non-Government or CSR organization. And, after the completion of the 2nd year, the student is required to complete an internship under any Corporate business firm.
What if a student wants to exit the program in between?
Students planning to exit the IIM Jammu IPM program after completing 1, 2, or 3 years will be allowed to leave the program with the following certificates or degree:
- After successful completion of 1st year, students will be awarded a Certificate in Basic Management.
- After successful completion of 2nd year, students will be awarded an Advanced Certificate in Management.
- After successful completion of 3rd year, students will be awarded a BBA degree.
IIM Jammu Placement
The institute has completed its 2020 final placements and 2021 summer placements successfully with 100% placement rate. IIM Jammu's average package for the year 2020 stood at INR 10.64 LPA whereas the highest salary package stood at INR 24.5 LPA. A total of 84 recruiters participated in the placement drive and offered 48 job roles to 58 students.
The median salary offered this year stood at INR. 10 LPA. In terms of Percentile Salary Break-up, the top 10% of students were offered an average CTC of INR. 16.83 LPA and the top 50% of students were offered an average CTC of INR. 12.73 LPA in the IIM Jammu placement 2020.
Students from the 2020 placement drive were placed in the following sectors:
The final placement process of the third batch of IIM Jammu saw participation from 84 companies including Deloitte, Tata Power, Raam Group, Tech Mahindra, Nikulsan Technologies, CITI Bank, Browser Check, MPS, Aakash, RDP, ICICI Bank, KENT Mineral RO, Motilal Oswal, Euromonitor International, Savills, Aarti Industries Ltd, Meetings & Offices, TresVista, Hiranandani, ONN, Kancor, Wipro, Newgen, Gaia, Sankey Solutions and The Clearing Corporation of India.
IIM Jammu Summer Placements 2021
The batch of 94 students achieved 100% summer placements at IIM Jammu. The highlights of the same are encapsulated in the table below:
|No. of Recruiters||84|
|No. of Students||94|
|No. of Offers||115|
|No. of Multiple Offers||18|
|Highest Stipend||INR 2,00,000|
|Average Stipend of Top 10%||INR 1,05,556|
|Average Stipend of Top 25%||INR 72,167|
|Average Stipend of Top 50%||INR 57,453|
|Average Stipend||INR 42,000|
|Median Stipend||INR 40,000|
Some of the prominent recruiters this year include Diageo, ICICI Bank, Schindler, Siemens Healthcare, SIDBI, Sutherland, RAAM Group, Maruti Suzuki, Tata Power, Finshell among others.
Read More: IIM Jammu Placement
IIM Jammu Scholarship
IIM Jammu provides fellowship to Ph.D. students covering tuition fees, Computer charges, Library, Placement, Alumni fees, and Hostel expenses. The amount awarded to the students is as follows:
|1st and 2nd year||INR 35,000/ month|
|3rd and 4th year||INR 40,000/ month|
|Contingency Grant||INR 40,000 per year for 4 years|
|Purchase of laptop||INR 50,000 (One-time allowance)|
|To attend conferences||INR 2,00,000|
IIM Jammu FAQs
Ques. How is life at IIM Jammu other than academics?
Ans. Life at IIM Jammu is quite interesting. Students here have clubs for various activities, you can choose and join these clubs as per your interest. Apart from academics, there are finance clubs, photography clubs, marketing clubs, dance clubs, etc. The list of all the groups is bulleted below:
- Finance Club- VITT
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell
- Quantanalytics Clubs
- Marketing Club- VIPRAN
- Operations Club- Opscape
- Drishti Club
- Vakta Club
- Consulting Club- Consulenza
- Dance Club
- HR- Club- Pratibha
Ques. What are the parameters considered for IIM Jammu IPM final selection?
Ans. The parameters considered for IIM Jammu IPM final selection are as follows:
- JIPMAT: 60
- Class 10 marks: 15
- Class 12 marks: 15
- Gender diversity: 10
Ques. What is the reservation policy for the IIM Jammu IPM program?
Ans. The reservation policy for the IIM Jammu IPM program are:
- SC: 15%
- ST: 7.5%
- NC-OBC: 27%
- EWS: 10%
- PWD: 5%
Ques. What are the parameters for final selection at IIM Jammu?
Ans. There are various parameters considered at IIM Jammu for the final selection of the student:
- WAT score: 10%
- PI round: 20%
- CAT: 40%
- 10th class marks: 3%
- 12th class marks: 3%
- Bachelor’s degree: 3%
- Work Experience: 8%
- Gender diversity: 8%
- Academic diversity: 5%
Ques. How much do I need to pay while confirming my admission to IIM Jammu?
Ans. One will be required to pay an amount of INR 60,000 out of which some amount will be balanced against the payment of tuition fees. Of this only INR 1000 will be retained as per Government of India guidelines if somebody does not join the institute. The details regarding the exact amount and mode of payment will be sent with the offer of admission.
Ques. Is it safe to join IIM Jammu?
Ans. Yes, it is safe to take admission to the Indian Institute of Management Jammu. The faculty members at the institute are extremely caring and supportive. There are various industry interactions and tourist destinations near the campus.
Ques. How to reach the Indian Institute of Management Jammu?
Ans. Jammu is the largest city in Jammu Division and is the winter capital of the state of Jammu and Kashmir. One can easily reach the institute through railways, Jammu Tawi is the nearest railway station. It is just 15 minutes away from the campus. Additionally, there are direct flights from Srinagar, Delhi, Amritsar, Mumbai, and Bengaluru.