Assam Women’s University has been established by an act XXII of 2013 of State Legislature of Assam as a State University and is empowered to award degrees as specified by the UGC. It is situated in Jorhat, Assam. The university serves as a center for fostering co-operation and innovative ideas between the academic and research community from women’s perspective. It is the first women’s university in the state of Assam. The main objective of Assam Women’s University is to provide quality education and impart the best opportunities for women candidates. The university provides undergraduate and postgraduate courses in applied science, arts, technology, industry, commerce, management and social science.
Following are the schools and Departs under Assam Women’s University
- School of Business Management Studies
- School of Education and Psychology
- School of Engineering and Technology
- School of Health Science
- School of Hospitality, Tourism and Travel Management
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Lifestyle and Design
- School of Media and Mass Communication
Read more: Assam Women’s University Admission
Assam Women's University Highlights
Type of University
University Grants Commission (UGC)
Rowriah Jorhat - 785004 Assam, India
How to reach?
7 km away from ISBT, Jorhat
1 km from the Rowriah Airport, Jorhat
7 km from Jorhat Railway Station
Assam Women’s University Courses
UG courses are present in university BA in one specialization and BPT (Bachelors in Physiotherapy)
- For BA, candidate must have completed 45% aggregate marks.
- For BPT, candidate must have minimum 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics at 12th level.
NOTE: Admission to both the programs is given on the basis of the entrance examination conducted by the University.
Assam Women’s University offers MA course with 8 disciplines, M.Sc. in Fashion Design and Technology, along with MCA, MBA, MTTM, and MLIS course. Each course is of 2-years duration.
- For MA, MTTM (Master’s in Travel and Tourism Management) and MLIS, candidate must be graduate with minimum 45% marks in any discipline.
- For MBA and M.Sc, candidate must have completed graduation with at least 50% marks in respective discipline.
- For Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT), questions will be on Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English from 10+2 level syllabus.
- For BA in Psychology, the test will assess candidate’s English Proficiency, Reasoning and Basic Arithmetic skills.
- For MBA and MTTM written test, questions will be on Current Affairs, Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning and English.
- For MLIS written test, questions will be on Reasoning, English and Computer Basics.
- For MA in Mass Communication, questions of the written test will be on Current Affairs, NorthEast Culture, Media, Language Skill, Comprehension /Grammar.
- For MBA and MA in Mass Communication programmes, written test will be followed by group discussion and/or personal interview.
- The final merit list will be prepared based on the academic performance of the candidate and the marks scored in the entrance examinations conducted by the respective departments.
Read more: Assam Women’s University Fee Structure
Assam Women's University Placement
Assam Women's University has separate Training and Placement Cell which works with an aim to make students industry ready. The university ensures that all the students passing out from the university get the best placement opportunities. The training and placement cell coordinates with various departments to provide internships and final placement to students.