Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Science (UPUMS) is one of the premier government Medical colleges in the state. The university offers many UG and PG courses such as MBBS, B.Sc, MD, MS, Diploma, etc. Admission to all the courses is entrance-based and the students applying for admission are required to apply online on the official website.
|Established | Institute type||2016 | State|
|Approved by||Medical Council Of India (MCI)|
|Courses Offered||MBBS, MS, MD, B.Sc., and Diploma|
|Accepted entrance exams||NEET UG, NEET PG, CPNET, and Entrance exam conducted by the university (CPET)|
|Facilities Available||OPD Indoor Service, Accident and Emergency Department, Diagnostic Services, 24 Hour Helpline, Biotechnology facilities, Community Health Center, Dental Hospital, Library, Cafeteria, Sports, etc.|
|Official Website | Contact||http://www.upums.ac.in/Index.aspx | 05688-276563|
The university offers courses for Undergraduate and Postgraduate applicants. This includes MBBS, MD, MS, B.Sc., and Diploma courses. The table below gives a brief about major courses offered at the college:
|Bachelor of Science Laboratory Techniques||
|Bachelor of Physiotherapy||
|Imagine Bachelor Radiological Techniques||
|Bachelor of Optometry||
|Bachelor of Science (Nursing)||
Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Science admissions vary from course to course.
- For Admission in UG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET UG Medical Scorecard.
- For Admission in PG, courses Candidate can apply to the college through their NEET PG Medical Scorecard.
- For admission into Nursing, Pharmacy, and Paramedical courses, the university conducts an entrance test called Combined Paramedical and Nursing Entrance Test (CPET).
How to apply?
Candidates can fill the form through online mode on the official website of Uttar Pradesh University of Medical Sciences.
- Laboratory: The necessary lab facilities are available for the academic accomplishment of the students. The laboratories are well equipped with modern manikins and simulation.
- Classroom: Well furnished with comfortable sitting arrangement, proper lighting and cooling system with regular Classes, making a perfect environment for studies.
- Library: The University has the objective of catering the academic, research and professional needs of various Courses. Library contains textbooks, reference books and 20 national and international journals on all disciplines of nursing. The library also contributes to all leading journals of India and abroad.
- Hostel: The University has its own well ventilated hostel inside the campus for girls and boys. It is made suitable to promote the learning experience of students. College has a good playground, where the students are encouraged to involve in various games and sports events. Apart from that there is a hygiene mess, counselling room, sick room & visitors room
- Transportation: A good and safe transport facility is available for students and faculties. Bus shuttles are running round the clock in the campus.
- Recreational Facilities: University provides indoor/ outdoor games facilities, which helps in extra development of the student. University also organizes sports week every year, which gives an opportunity for the students to take part in different activities.
- Auditorium: The University has a 1500 seated auditorium with fully air condition and sound system facility where different cultural and academic programs are arranged.
Ques. How is the faculty of the University?
Ans. The faculties have a vast industrial experience and are highly educated. Each subject department has a head (HOD) along with a team of Assistant Professors, Associate Professors and Professors.
Ques. Does the University provide scholarship to the students?
Ans. University provides scholarship on the basis of merit. Students may apply for the Scholarships at the beginning of the academic year. College may offer a scholarship to a deserving candidate under the following categories:
- College / University Merit Scholarships.
- Students belonging to the economically weaker sections may ask for fee concession (*depends on the college administrations).
- Merit cum means based scholarships are also awarded by the college to deserving students.
· Merit & National Scholarships for brilliant students under Central & State Govt.
Note: The amount of scholarship to be given or the decision of scholarship to be granted is solely under the consideration of college administration.
Ques. How many courses does the University offer?
Ans. The university offers courses in the field of medical science at the under-graduate and postgraduate level. The courses offered include MBBS, MD, MS, Diploma and Nursing Courses.
Ques. How are the placement opportunities in the college?
Ans. Placement opportunities are good in the university. Since it is a government institute, one gets a good opportunity to serve in the medical establishment under the Uttar Pradesh government. The college also offers internships under the supervision of senior doctors either in its own hospital or any other related government hospital.
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of admission?
Ans. Documents required at the time of admission are as follows:
For UG admissions,
- Admit Card
- Scorecard or Rank Letter
- Class 10 certificate and mark sheet (for date of birth)
- Class 12 certificate and mark sheet
- ID proof (Aadhar/PAN Card/Driving License/Passport)
- Eight passport size photographs
- Provisional Allotment Letter
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- PwD Certificate (if applicable)
For PG admissions,
- MBBS Certificate
- MBBS 3rd Part II mark sheet
- Medical Registration Certificate
- Internship Completion Certificate
- Photo identity proof in the form of Certificate with an attested photo from the Head of Institution last studied/ Copy of Passport/Aadhar Card/ PAN Card/ Driving License (Self-attested photocopy after verifying with the original documents).
- Copy of: Birth Certificate for proof of age (if the date of birth not given in the HSC mark sheet/ certificate).
- NEET Score Card
- Copy of Online Counselling Registration Certificate
- Sponsorship Certificate from State Govt. If applicable
- Passport size Photographs 8 copies