English and Foreign Languages (EFL) University was established as the Central Institute of English in 1958 and was later renamed the Central Institute of English and Foreign Languages in 1972. The institute received the central university status in 2006 and was finally renamed to its current name. The Lucknow campus of the university was founded in 1979.
The institute offers UG, PG, PG diploma, and Ph.D. courses in the field of English teaching. It also offers Certificate and diploma courses.
The university got ranking of 21st place by India Today in 2018 with decent placements as well.
EFL University Lucknow Highlights
|Established | Institute Type||1979 | Central University|
|Courses Offered||UG, PG, Certificate, PG Diploma, Diploma, and Advanced Diploma|
|Admission Criteria||Merit-based & Entrance-based|
|Facilities Available||Library, Hostel, Computer Laboratory|
EFL University Lucknow Courses
The specializations and duration of the courses offered by the institute have been tabulated below.
|MA||English and Linguistics||2 Years|
|Ph.D.||English Literature, Linguistics and Phonetics, and English Language Education||3-5 Years|
|PG Diploma||English||1 Year|
|Certificate||Russian, French, Spanish, and German||1 Year|
|Diploma||Russian, French, and Spanish||1 year|
|Advanced Diploma||Russian, French, and Spanish||1 Year|
Read More EFL University Lucknow Courses and Fees
EFL University Lucknow Admission
Selection is made on the basis of the performance in the entrance examination and the scores obtained in the last qualifying examination based on the opted course. Candidates willing to get admitted to the Ph.D. program will have to go through the interview round conducted at the campus. The admission is operated through online mode alone.
- For BA English, the candidates should have obtained 50% of marks in the Intermediate/10+2 examination with English as one of the subjects.
- Likewise, the candidates should have obtained 55% of marks in the Bachelor’s degree in any discipline for MA in English and Linguistics;
- 55% of marks in the MA English or passed M.Phil. English in English Literature or Commonwealth Literature for Ph.D. in English Literature;
- 55% of marks in M.A. Applied Linguistics/M.A. Phonetics/ M.A. Linguistics/ M.A. English (consisting of courses/papers in Phonetics or Linguistics) or passed M.Phil.
- Applied Linguistics/M.Phil. Phonetics/ M.Phil. Linguistics/M.Phil. English (specialization in Phonetics or Linguistics) for Ph.D. in Linguistics and Phonetics; and 55% of marks in M.A. TESL/M.A. ELT/M.A. English (at least one course in the domain of ELT) for Ph.D. in English Language Education.
- Visit the official website of the university and click on the registration link.
- After registration, fill in the application form and submit the mentioned documents.
- Pay the application fee of INR 500/- for general candidates and INR 250/- for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates will be provided with a user id and password after submitting the application form.
- Download the soft copy of the submitted application form for future references.
- Appear for an entrance exam if needed.
- Finalize the admission after the decision of the institution.
Read More EFL University Lucknow Admission
EFL University Lucknow Scholarships
Students of English and Foreign Languages University Lucknow can avail of the following scholarships:
- UGC Junior Research Fellowship- This scholarship is provided to those candidates who successfully qualify the national level test conducted by the UGC.
- UGC Senior Research Fellowship- This scholarship is awarded to those candidates who consistently win the UGC Junior Research Fellowship for two years.
- UGC Non-NET Fellowships- This scholarship can be availed by all the research participants (provided they are not in receipt of any other grants).
- Rajiv Gandhi National Junior Research Fellowship- This is offered to the SC/ST candidates.
Read More EFL University Lucknow Scholarships
EFL University Lucknow Facilities
Facilities imparted to the students and faculty members include:
- Hostel- There are two hostels at the college – one for boys and the other for girls. Hostel facilities can be availed by only the outstation students who are studying regular courses at the college.
- Library- The library is enriched with books and journals on Language Teaching, Literature, Linguistics, and foreign languages. Online access to various national and international journals is also provided to the students.
- Computer Laboratory- A wide range of computer facilities is also offered here. The computer laboratory is fully-equipped with technologically advanced tools and language learning software.
Read More EFL University Lucknow Hostel
EFL University Lucknow Faculty
The Professor and Director Rajneesh Arora supervises the work of the faculty members here. All the teachers are highly qualified in their respective subjects and have been imparting their knowledge to the students for several years. The college takes pride in the quality of educational services provided by its experienced professors.
Read More EFL University Lucknow Faculty
EFL University Lucknow FAQs
Ques. Is there any other campus operating under this English and Foreign Languages university?
Ques. How to get admitted to the Diploma courses in EFL University?
Ques. Do I have to sit for an entrance test for the Diploma courses in EFL Lucknow?
Ques. How long does it take to complete the entire program of foreign languages in EFL Lucknow?
Ques. What kinds of questions are asked in the entrance test of BA in EFL Lucknow?