Karnataka State Rural Development and Panchayat Raj University (KSRDPRU) imparts education, training, and research towards sustainable rural development through its two centers and five schools. KSRDPRU offers only PG courses such as MBA, MSc, MCom, MPH, and MSW. Admission to these courses is merit-based. Applicants looking forward to gt admission to the university may apply online as well as offline.
|Established | Type||2017 | State|
|Application process | Fee||Online | INR 200|
|Popular courses||M.Sc and MBA|
|Facilities||Auditorium, Cafeteria, Gym, Hostel, Library, and Medical|
|Official Website||http://ksrdpru.in/ | 080-28015428|
Karnataka State Rural Development and Panchayat Raj University offer postgraduate degree programs. Some of the major courses offered are M.Sc, MA, MSW, and MBA. Given below is a brief about the same:
|MBA (Agribusiness Management/ Rural Management)||
|MA in Rural Development & Panchayat Raj/ Rural Development & Cooperative Management.||
|M.Com (Entrepreneurship / Co-operative Management).||
|M.Sc in Geoinformatics (Remote Sensing and GIS)||
|M.Sc in Food Science & Technology||
|MSW (Community Development / Rural Reconstruction / Community Health).||
|MPH (Master of Public Health).||
New courses introduced for the Academic Year 2019-20:
- M.A. in Public Administration.
- M.A . in Development Economics
M.Sc in Computer Science (Data Analytics)
Admission to all the courses at Karnataka State Rural Development and Panchayat Raj University is merit-based. The eligibility criteria of KSRDPRU demands a 45% aggregate marks in the qualifying exam.
The intake for each course is fixed by the University from time to time; 15% of total seats are reserved for non-Karnataka candidates.
How to apply?
- Applicants need to visit the official website and download the application form.
- The duly filled application form is to be submitted at the college along with all the documents attached to it.
- The application fee charged is INR 200 for the general category and INR 100 for the reserved category.
- Applicants may also submit the application form online. For the submission, scanned copies of the mandatory documents are to be attached.
The university is well equipped with all the required facilities and the university is also taking various steps to add e-resources for the benefit of the students. The course and curriculum structure framed by university mainly focus on providing practical exposure to them that will help in sustainable development in rural areas.
- IT infrastructure
- Centre of Research, Innovation, and Education
- Training, Publication, and Supervision
- School of Agribusiness Management and Rural management
- School of Rural Development & Panchayat Raj
- School of environmental science, public health, and sanitation management
- School of social sciences and rural reconstruction
- School of skill and entrepreneurship development
Ques. What is the eligibility for fee concession/reimbursement for SC and ST category students?
Ans. The SC/ ST candidates within the Karnataka with parents’ annual income less than or equal to INR 2,50,000 shall pay only the Admission fee, ID card, and activity fees of INR 1000.
Students eligible for fee concession are:
- SC/ ST students from other states than Karnataka.
- Whose parents income are more than INR 2,50,000
Ques. What is the examination fee for the M.B.A. (Agribusiness management/ Rural management)?
Ans. The examination fee for the M.B.A. (Agribusiness management/ Rural management) is INR 3,000 for each semester from 1st to 3rd semester and INR 4,000 for the 4th semester. 4th sem fee includes Marks card fee and Convocation fee as well.
Ques. What fee is charged to NRI students?
Ans. The NRI students are charged a total annual fee of INR 6,600.
The eligibility fee structure for other students are is as follows:
- Non-Karnataka students (all categories) are charged an amount of INR 2,200.
- Indian nationals who have passed the qualifying exam, outside India are charged a tuition fee of INR 4,400.
Ques. How many points are given under cultural quota to candidates?
Ans. Students under cultural quota are allotted marks as per the following criteria:
- Participation in Inter-Collegiate competition- 25
- Participation in South Zone Competition- 50
- Participation in National Level Group Competition- 75
- Participation in National Level Individual Competition- 100
- Participation in International Level Group Competition- 125
- Participation in International Level Individual Competition- 150
Ques. What are the documents required at the time of counseling?
Ans. Documents to be produced at the time of counseling are:-
- SSLC Marks card
- Caste/ Income certificate
- Qualifying degree mark sheets
- Study Certificate
- Rural Study Certificate
- Hyderabad-Karnataka Region Certificate
- Transfer/ Migration Certificate