Roger Williams University (RWU) Ranking, Programmes, Admission , Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance and Scholarships
Roger Williams University is a private, liberal arts university currently home to over 6,500 UG and PG students with international students from 40+ countries across the globe. The university offers over 45 programs in UG level and 12 PG programs through its 9 academic schools and colleges.
RWU observed an acceptance rate of 85.3% for recent admission sessions, which indicates that students can easily get accepted in the university, given that they meet all the entry requirements. For the International students who are seeking admission at RWU, it is optional to submit ELT scores, such as TOEFL, and standardized test scores such as SAT/ACT scores.
The students planning to study at Roger Williams University must be prepared to spend around $36,978 annually on tuition fees. Over 98% of the current students receive some sort of financial assistance from the university. Ranked #31 in the best regional universities in the north, the university houses the state’s only Law school.
RWU offers a plethora of programs to the students including 45+ UG programs, over 12 programs at masters level alongwith 3 Dual degree programs, and 8 graduate certificate programs. Some of the popular academic areas include Accounting, business, arts, humanities, science, engineering and law.
Details about top programs at Rogers William University are tabulated below
|Programs||Fee per annum (in USD)|
|Master of Architecture [M.Arch.]||$39,216|
|Master of Business Administration [M.B.A]||$17,712|
|Master of Science [M.Sc.] Criminal Justice||$17,712|
|Masters in Public Administration (MPA)||$12,078|
|Bachelor International Business||$55,606|
|Bachelor of Architecture (BArch.)||$55,606|
- #31 in Regional Universities North, #52 in best value schools, US News Ranking 2021
- #123 in best undergraduate engineering programs by US News and World Report Rankings 2021
- #401-500 in US College Rankings 2021 by Times higher Education Rankings
|Year of Establishment||1956|
|Student Retention Rate||81%|
|Mode of Program||Full time; Part-time; online|
|Application Fee||50 USD|
|Minimum ELP scores||TOEFL-79 IELTS - 6.5|
|Financial Aid||Available as grants, awards, and scholarships|
The RWU operates in two campuses, namely Bristol Campus and Providence Campus, equipped with world class facilities. The students can choose from 70+ clubs and organisations,and 22 varsity athletic teams on campus.
- The 143 acre main campus is located in Bristol, Rhode Island. Out of the 9 Academic schools and departments, 8 schools are located at the Bristol campus. The Bristol campus also houses the School of Law.
- Providence campus, located a short walking distance from the main campus is home to University college that offers over 30 flexible programs to the students.
- Over a dozen of cafes, restaurants, shopping malls and relaxation centres are available for the recreational uses of the students.
Over 95% of the first year students admitted at RWU are provided with accommodation facilities. 42% of the residence halls have the view of Mount Hope Bay.
- Students can choose from a variety of accommodation types ranging from singles, doubles, to suites and apartments.
- All the rooms are well equipped with facilities including kitchen, launderette, bathrooms, TV, lounge, dining hall, Wifi, sports room and much more.
- The accommodation costs vary from $8,696 to $13,680 annually.
Application process at RWU is different for UG and PG students. International students are required to follow the below mentioned steps while applying to the Roger Williams University:
|Early Action||November 15th|
|Regular Decision||February 1st|
- High school/ college transcripts
- Statement of purpose
- Documentation of financial support
All the required credentials must be sent to Roger Williams University by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Roger Williams University, Office of Admission, One Old Ferry Road, Bristol, RI 02809 USA.
The details regarding cost of attendance of RWU including tuition fees and living costs are tabulated below:
|Expenses||Standard( in USD Annually)||For Engineering Programs (in USD Annually)||For Architectural Programs ( in USD Annually)|
|Tuition (per credit)||1,196||1,081||1,691|
RWU awards $29 million worth of merit-based financial assistance in the form of scholarships ranging from $10,000 to $23,000 every year. Oover 98% of the students receive some sort of financial aid to support the educational expenses from RWU. No separate application is required for applying for the scholarships. Students are automatically considered based on their academic merit.
- New Student Awards: RWU students with a minimum overall GPA of 3.6 or above at the end of the academic year will recieve the Academic Excellence Award, which entitles them to an additional $1,000 reduction in tuition fees for the following year.
- RWU International Merit Scholarship: The RWU International Grant is a merit-based scholarship available to international students. Scholarship amounts vary from $7,500 to $22,500 for qualifying applicants.
- FIT (Financed Individualized Training) Work-Study Jobs: With FIT programs, the students will get the opportunity to develop their resumes by gaining significant, hands-on experience directly on campus.
- Graduate Assistantships: Students enrolled in a graduate program at RWU can apply for graduate assistantships in Architecture, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Forensic & Legal Psychology, Forensic Mental Health Counseling, and Preservation Practices. All other graduate schools presently do not provide assistantships.
Roger Williams University is recognised worldwide for its well-established RWU Alumni Association. The alumni association offers career development assistance to the current students studying at UG and PG level.
Some Notable alumni members include-
- Jerry Remy - American Major League Baseball broadcaster and former Major League Baseball second baseman.
- Roberto 'Bob' DaSilva - Portuguese-American politician
- Shane Brandon McMahon - American businessman and professional wrestler.
Around 95% of the graduates from Roger Williams university are employed within 6 months of completion of their degree at RWU.
The highest paying degree art RWU are tabulated below:
|Degree||Avg. Salary (in USD)|
|Bachelor of Arts||$85,000|
|Bachelor of science||$71,000|
With a fairly easy acceptance rate, it is a cakewalk for international students with good academic scores to get admission in RWU. Hence, students from over 40+ countries are currently enrolled in the university, contributing to the diversity within the RWU campus.
Ques: How can I qualify for scholarships and financial assistance at Roger Williams University?
Ans. Merit scholarships are available to those students who have a 3.6 or higher grade point average.
Ques: Are there any application fees while applying to the university?
Ans. There is an application fee of 50 USD. However due to the ongoing global pandemic, application fees can be waived for 2021-22 session.
Ques: What is an average GPA to get into Roger Williams University?
Ans. An average GPA of 3.25 is required to get admission to Roger Williams University.
Ques: What is the most popular major at Roger Williams University?
Ans. Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services; Architecture and Related Services; Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting, and Related Protective Services; Psychology; and Communication, Journalism, and Related Programs are the most popular majors at Roger Williams University.
Ques: Is Roger Williams University hard to get into?
Ans. The acceptance rate at RWU is 82.3%. This indicates that the university adopts an easy admission policy for UG and PG students.
Ques: How to apply for RWU International Merit Scholarships?
Ans. All international students will be considered for merit-based scholarships through their admission application. No separate application is necessary.
Ques: How much does it cost to attend RWU Law?
Ans. The tuition cost for the academic year 2020-21 is $39,865.
Find a Program
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
As I have good communication skills and want to explore more I have opted for this course, my course is very vibrant and provides good exposure to learn many things out of the box. The process to apply to this university is a little longer first to submit a common application form, then to submit a common essay, high school transcripts, test scores of college board SAT application fee is $50.
Course Curriculum :
My course provides a variety of subjects to study which provide out of the box learning. My course includes 14 major subjects of 42 credits including an internship and senior thesis project. and other 120 credits electives
I chose Roger Williams University because of the location. Not only was it on the water which made the school very appealing, but it was also a nice distance from my hometown. Another reason why I chose this school was because of the Gabelli School of Business which attracted me since it is a great business school.
Course Curriculum :
I like the course curriculum that is offered at my school. There is a wide variety of courses offered at Roger Williams University. The requirements for a business major are very standard and are helpful with understanding all aspects of business, not just the classes that are required for a specific business major.
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary