Keck Graduate Institute (KGI) Claremont Courses, Ranking, Admission Criteria, Fee & Scholarships
Based in California, United States, Keck Graduate Institute is a member of Claremont Colleges. KGI has a total of 608 students enrolled, out of which 62% female students and 38% are male students. It is one of the leading life science graduate schools with high-quality staff. It is the first graduate level college of the Claremont Consortium. The institute's degree programs are regionally accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Over 600 student registrations, 300 faculty members, and more than 1,000 alumni gives clear evidence of the glory of KGI. The Keck Graduate Institute has four significant schools. More than 90% of its alumni are in the highest position in their career. The Institute believes Innovation starts when powerful minds are given the best resources.
Keck Graduate Institute Rankings
- #849 Country Rank
- #3009 World Rank
- #732 Country Rank
- #2032 World Rank
|Campus Area||76 acres|
|Program||Master’s, Doctorate’s, and Certificate|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, Student loan|
Keck Graduate Institute Courses
- Keck Graduate Institute offers 8 Master’s degrees, 3 Doctorate degrees and 3 Post-baccalaureate certificate programs.
- The institute provides a curriculum in 3 broad areas, i.e. Research, Healthcare, and Industry.
- The high-qualified faculties are the backbone for the campus to make their students succeed in a specific specialization.
- The institute is planning to introduce Entry-Level Occupational Therapy Doctorate and Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies.
|Programs||Tuition fee||Deadlines (International)|
|Master of Business and Science||40,990 USD per year||Rolling admission|
|Master of Engineering in Biopharmaceutical Process||40,990 USD per year||January 15th 2021 (Rolling admission after this deadline)|
|Master of Science in Applied Life Sciences||40,990 USD per year||Rolling Admission|
|Doctor of Pharmacy||47,990 USD per year||June 1st 2021|
|Post Baccalaureate Premedical Certificate||32,990 USD per year||Rolling Admission|
Keck Graduate Institute Campus
- The 76-acre campus of Keck Graduate Institute has three primary school buildings.
- The campus provides a unique facility of using campus ID cards as a debit card. This is usually known as “Claremont Cash.” It can be used to buy things across all Claremont colleges.
- Claremont is just 30 miles east of downtown Los Angeles. The city provides a number of local attractions like museums, theme parks, sports, beaches, parks, recreation and hiking trails, music and performing arts venues.
Keck Graduate Institute Residence
Housing facilities are available both on-campus and off-campus.
On-Campus Housing- Situated in Oasis, KGI commons with private and shared rooms. Number of flooring options are available to choose from. The average housing rent at the campus would be 600 USD to 700 USD per month.
- Fitness centre
- Community kitchen
- Rooftop Patios
- Furniture in each room
Off-Campus Housing- The Real Estate and housing office of Claremont Colleges assists the students in finding off-campus housing.
Wide range of housing options are available including apartments and residences. Students can either lease or rent the apartment as per their requirements.
Keck Graduate Institute Application Process
Admission requirements for studying at Keck Graduate Institute vary from program to program. Students must fulfill admission requirements depending on the college/ school applying for. International students are advised to check admission requirements before applying to the choice of program.
Application Portal: Online Application
Application Fee: 75 USD
Application Deadline: The deadlines and the start of the admission vary from course to course. However, the admission process starts from January and continues till July.
Basic Admission Requirements: The following requirements must be fulfilled for admission to the Keck Graduate Institute:
- Transcripts from the previous college attended. Unofficial copies can be submitted if your official transcripts of the previous school are temporarily unavailable.
- Valid test scores of GRE, GMAT, or MCAT
- Proof of English proficiency. For this, test scores of TOEFL and IELTS are enough. Also, if you have studied in the U.S. for 2 years, then this requirement is waived.
- Personal statement describing academics, career, and personal objectives.
- Letter of recommendation
Keck Graduate Institute Cost of Attendance
- The cost for studying in the U.S. includes direct costs associated with tuition and fee and indirect costs like books, residence, transportation and miscellaneous expenditure.
- The detailed tuition rates for various courses at the Keck Graduate Institute are as follows:
|Course||Annual Tuition Fee|
|Master of Business and Science||41,400 USD|
|Master of Science in Translational Medicine||41,400 USD|
|Master of Science in Bioprocessing research||41,400 USD|
|Master of Engineering in Biopharmaceutical Processing||41,400 USD|
|Master of Science in Medical Device Engineering,||41,400 USD|
|Master of Science in Applied Life Sciences||41,400 USD|
|Master of Science in Human Genetics and Genomic Data Analysis||41,400 USD|
|Master of Science in Human Genetics and Genetic Counseling||41,400 USD|
|Certificate in Bioscience Management (Per credit hour)||1,010 USD|
|Post-baccalaureate pre-PA certificate||33,400 USD|
|Post-baccalaureate premedical certificate||33,400 USD|
|Doctor of Philosophy in Applied Life Science||31,400 USD|
|Doctor of Pharmacy||48,400 USD|
Keck Graduate Institute Scholarships/Financial Aid
- Keck Graduate Institute offers financial aid in the form of merit scholarships, need-based aid, KGI student loan, federal work-study, etc.
- Some examples of merit-based scholarships are given in the table below. Students with a GPA of 2.5 or above are given preference for merit-based scholarships.
|Name of Scholarship||Amount Awarded|
|Presidential Excellence Scholarship for incoming students of Pharm. D||10,000 USD per year|
|Presidential Distinction scholarship for incoming students of Pharm. D||10,000 USD per year|
|Dean’s scholarship for incoming students of Pharm. D||5,000 USD per year|
|Presidential Future Pharmacist Scholarship||10,000 USD per year|
|Genetic Counseling Dean’s Scholarship||10,000 USD (non-renewable)|
|Genetic Counseling Cultural Engagement Scholarship||10,000 USD (non-renewable)|
- The Institute awards need-based financial aid to both domestic and international MBS, MEng and PharmD students. To be eligible, students must give relevant information about how they paid undergraduate program fees and how they plan to meet other expenses for the academic year. The details of need-based scholarships are as follows:
Eligibility Criteria: Student must have minimum undergraduate GPA of 2.5
Amount Awarded: 40,000 USD for four years.
- Apart from the above mentioned financial aid, international students are eligible to take student loans up to 20,500 USD. Students enrolled to the following programs are eligible for such loans:
- Master of Business and Science
- Master of Engineering in Biopharmaceutical Processing
- Master of Science in Applied Sciences
- Master of Science in Translational Medicine
- Master of Science in Human Genetics and Genetic Counselling
- Master of Science in Human Genetics and Genomic Data Analytics
Keck Graduate Institute Alumni Network
There are more than 1,900 notable alumni of Keck Graduate Institute. The institute offers the alumni members several benefits like career services, alumni engagement, events, webinars, latest news from other alumni, updates from fellow alumni, etc.
Some notable alumni of Keck Graduate Institute are as follows:
- Angela Hoang - Associate Clinical Variant
- Shabri Patel and Alexandra Petrasek - Genetic counselors at Fulgent Genetics
- Line Stigen Racquet - CEO of Creoptix
- Harish Daruri - Biomedical Scientist
The university maintains strong alumni connections in the form of communities and groups on social media. The LinkedIn alumni group is the ultimate medium for the present students to connect with the other alumni of the university.
Keck Graduate Institute Placements
Several companies are coming forward to hire the graduates of Keck Graduate Institute. Some of the top employers include Atara Bio, Grifols, Proskauer, Nationwide Children, CVS Health, Gilead Sciences, Biocon, Genentech, Kaiser Permanente, BioMarin Pharmaceutical, etc.
More than 90% Master of Business and Science graduates are placed within six months of graduation. About 58% of students are employed in top companies before graduation.In contrast, 10% of graduate students opted for higher education.Average salary for KGI MBS alumni is 114,084 USD. The graduate salary is more than 60,000 USD annually. For students with more than three years of experience earn more than 130,300 USD annually.
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Application Portal :https://www.kgi.edu/admissions/apply-to-kgi.html
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
I opted for this college because of its worldwide acknowledgement in masters courses of medical fields and top quality education. The selection process was tougher than what I expected, it comprised multiple screening stages followed by an interview. And trust me, it was the most difficult interview that I have ever faced in my life for me. Also, I had paid $70 for the online application.
Course Curriculum :
My course curriculum, I got an opportunity to Interact with patients and healthcare providers to gain a true understanding of the clinical setting and user needs, learn and apply industry practices to develop and manufacture viable medical devices, and work in teams with industry sponsors to solve real-world problems.
After applying to several universities in the USA, I got acceptance from this university to pursue my MSC in my desired field. I had two years of work experience and had performed well in my academics through out. The top notch faculty and job opportunities was the center point of attraction for me. The online application fee was $70.
Course Curriculum :
My course basically emphasis on specific training in translational and clinical research skills and a deep understanding of the context within which medical science was translated for societal benefit, including management skills. Nevertheless, I had great learnings here.
I opted for this university because I found a low cost of living here. As compared to other universities from which I got approval for admission in the computer science stream, the course fee was affordable for me and its world rank was also good. The application fee was $70.
Course Curriculum :
In my course curriculum, I got an opportunity to interact with patients and healthcare providers to gain a true understanding of the clinical setting and user needs, learn and apply industry practices to develop and manufacture viable medical devices and work in teams with industry sponsors to solve real-world problems.
I applied to several universities in the USA and got acceptance from three universities. This university was one among them. I chose this university because of its low student-faculty ratio and worldwide acknowledgment. I completed high school with distinction and my extracurricular background had been also great.
Course Curriculum :
My course basically emphasizes specific training in translational and clinical research skills and a deep understanding of the context within which medical science was translated for societal benefit, including management skills. Nevertheless, I had great learning here.
The admission process in the college started with the following considerations- submission of a personal statement, resume, Letter of Recommendation, Transcripts, IELTS scores, Common Application form with a non-refundable application fee of around $75. After the careful scrutiny of these submitted documents, I was scheduled for an online skype interview by the authorities concerned with the admission department. After I got provisionally selected I had to pay a non-enrollment admission fee of around $400.
Course Curriculum :
The core essence of our course work laid importance on the medical device product life cycle. It took a step by step process of identifying the need, designing the product according to the consumer's preferences and adopting proper selling and marketing strategies. The course also involved Clinical Experience for Engineers, Broad Knowledge of the Medicine Industry including business, legal, regulatory and ethics and Active learning.
- Shopping Mall
- Bus Station
- Book Store
- Super Market
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary