Pomona College Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
Pomona College Admissions for 2018, saw very low admit rate of 8%. Around 75% of the admitted students belonged among the top 10% of their graduating high school class. Pomona College offers admissions in more than 600-degree programs.
Pomona College offers both Early Decision and Regular Decision admissions. Applications for admissions are accepted for both Fall and Spring semesters. Deadlines, decision dates and reply dates vary with each admission session.
- International students willing to apply for UG courses can apply through the Coalition for College Application or Common Application.
- Students applying through Common Application are also required to submit a Supplementary essay of 400 - 600 words.
- Applicants applying for Early Decision may apply to other colleges, but not for Early Decision if Pomona is their first choice.
- The students must withdraw admissions if applying for Early Decision at Pomona College.
- Both applications are given equal consideration in terms of offering admissions. Hence, students can apply through either of the 2 application portals.
|Application Portal||UG: Coalition for College/Common Application|
|Application Fee||UG: 70 USD|
|Mode of Payment||Credit Card|
|SAT Scores (middle 50%)||Math: 680 - 770
EBRW: 690 - 760
|ACT Score (middle 50%)||30 - 34|
|International Application Deadlines||UG: Varies|
Pomona College Admission Deadlines
Pomona College admissions accept applications for both Fall and Spring sessions. The application submission deadlines for international students are tabularized below:
|Application Type||Deadlines||Decision Dates||Reply Date|
|Early Decision I||November 1, 2019||By December 15, 2019||January 1, 2019|
|Early Decision II||January 1, 2019||By February 15, 2019||March 1, 2019|
|Regular Decision||January 1, 2019||By April 1, 2019||May 1, 2019|
|Transfer Admissions||March 1, 2019||By April 1, 2019||June 1, 2019|
Pomona College International Admissions
International students are required to fulfil the following additional requirements, before submitting the application for admission at Pomona College:
Application Submission Requirements:
International students must make sure that they submit the following documents along with the application:
- English Language Proficiency Test scores
- Letters of recommendation
- Copy of passport
- Official and certified copies of translated transcripts.
- Financial Documentation
English Language Requirements:
International students must prove English language proficiency by providing scores of any one of the following tests given below, to be eligible for admission at Pomona College:
- TOEFL (IBT): 100
- IELTS: 7.0
Pomona College Undergraduate Admissions
Pomona College offers admissions to students under 600 undergraduate programs. Around 1,599 students were offered admissions in 2018.
Application Portal: Coalition for College Application or Common Application
Application Fee: 70 USD
Academic Requirements for International Students: Applicants must submit either ACT or SAT score along with the application. These scores are valid for a period of 5 years. The average scores accepted for the recent 2018 admissions are as follows:
|Test Name||Average Scores||25th Percentile||75th Percentile|
International students are highly encouraged to submit ACT/SAT scores along with their admission application.
- Secondary school report
- Official transcripts
- Counsellor recommendation
- Teacher Evaluation Forms: from any 2 teachers, teaching core academic courses
- Mid-year report
Pomona College Admissions for 2018 admissions saw a total enrollment of 1,628. The admissions committee reviews each freshman application holistically. Students Admission decisions are usually released within 6 - 7 weeks for Early Decision, and after 12 weeks for Regular Decision post application submission.
Thus, the admissions at Pomona College have been highly selective in offering admissions. Admissions have been difficult because of large entry requirements, above average score acceptance and additional requirements for international students.