Ohio State University Rankings 2020: World Rankings & Subject Rankings by QS, THE, Forbes
Ohio State University is a public university established in Columbus, Ohio in the year 1870 as an Agricultural and Mechanical College which is tied up with Santa Clara. Being one of the oldest established universities in the USA, it has a name and ranking accordingly.
It is said to be one of the largest US universities based on the campus and program structure in Ohio.
Ohio State University Rankings
The rankings provided below are collected from various prominent sources that focus on World, National, and State by major publications.
- The University ranks on 101st position in QS Global World Ranking and 70th in Times Higher Education. (2020)
- US News ranked the University on 86th position for the upcoming year of 2020.
- The University ranks at #88 in terms of the first-year experience of undergraduate academic satisfaction.
- As per Forbes list, OSU ranks on #121 (2019) globally.
- In 2020, US News ranked it on 54th position nationally out of the other 200 universities. The rankings were based on more than just academics including class size, campus, education, cost of attendance, extra-curricular, athletics, etc.
- As per the top 17 Public Universities of America list published by US News, OSU ranks on #1.
- According to Times Higher Education, OSU ranks at 67th position nationally.
- Among Ph.D. granting universities, Ohio state ranked 27th out of 200 other institutions.
- The University stands on #10 nationally in terms of Business Programs that has been ranked by US News.
- According to Forbes publication, OSU ranked on #2 in the state and #4 in the region as per the list provided. The university carries a total number of 55,147 enrollments out of which 28% are international students.
- In terms of America’s best Employer, OSU stood at #49.
Ohio State University stays on the most recommended top universities/colleges chart by the Times Higher Education, QS and US News respectively. All the rankings provided are based on overall criteria and not just academically. The university has climbed up to Top 16 America’s best public universities in 2020 by both US News and Forbes publications.
A few of the popular programs offered at the University are Accounting, Psychology, Finance, Biological Science, Business Administration, and Agriscience Education. The programs offered by the university also secure a good ranking in terms of academic satisfaction by the students.
US News has ranked the university so, on various other factors including Veterans, Value and Employment, etc.
OSU Popular Program Ranking
|Business Programs # 10 by US News||UG Science Programs # 29 Nationality by US News|
|#4 in Supply Chain Management Logistics||#5 in Aerospace|
|#4 in Operation Management||#7 in biological|
|#9 in International Business||-|
|#10 in Accounting||-|
|#10 in Finance||-|
|#11 in Quantitative /Analysis||-|
- Ohio State University offers 550+ programs in online and offline mode with a rank of #29 nationally in terms of its Undergraduate and Doctorate Programs (according to data collected via US News in 2019).
- OSU also offers study abroad and student exchange programs, it is placed on #45 (globally) for exposure and extra-curricular student life.
Ohio State University Ranking on Various Parameters
According to surveys and reviews are taken by various sources like the US. News, QS and THE, students appreciated the university in terms of the ‘Overall’ factor which includes academics, campus life, extra-curricular activities, employment, and athletics.
In terms of Academic reputation or recognition, the alumni mentioned it decent, however, the growth in terms of employment is slower as per the recognition by recruiters. International students have, however, appreciated the campus life and teaching staff.
Ohio State University - Other Rankings
|#10 ||Niche||Athletics (National)|
|#16||Niche||Best Student Life (in America)|
|#27||US News||Best College for Veterans (National)|
|#23||US News||Best School for Undergraduates (National)|
|#29 ||US News||Best Doctorate Programs (National)|
|#45||Forbes||Student Exchange (Globally)|
|#155||US News||Best Value School (Global)|
Why Ohio State University?
Here are the key facts and accomplishments that the University stand out:
- Ohio University has partnered with various resource committees including UIDP for better research in Medical and Discovery themes making it one of the best research centers for Doctorate and Graduate Researchers.
- A student named Henry Wu from philosophy and political science background at Ohio State was honored with Rhodes Scholar. A very few of the students are granted the name. In the history of Ohio State, it has been the eighth Rhodes Scholar and third in the last five years.
- It has been under ILO executives for experience research in Chronic Brain Injury, Foods for Health, Food Security and Sustainability.
- The university has managed to get itself on a platform of #4 in terms of Best Employer for New Graduates-Seeking in 2019.
- 7 Ohio State researchers were nominated as Fellows of American Association for the Advancement of Science(AAAS) i.e, a high honor for any scientist in the USA. Overall 100 such Ohio State Researchers have been granted the honor.
- Over half of the UG and PG first-year students manage to enroll themselves in scholarships, fellowships and other valuable programs offered.
- It has one of the biggest centers for Arts which focuses on the growth of art and culture. The exhibitions and videography allow the aspiring students to come forth with bigger opportunities under the Wexner Center.
- The University offers various areas of study including School of African Studies, Latin American Studies, Slavic and East European Studies, Asian Studies Center and Chinese Studies.
- The university offers global gateways to various countries including Brazil, China, and India with easy enrollment.
- Ohio State University manages to reach on top in other factors like the NCAA Division and Athletics, where over 100 students (international included) won Olympic medals.
Below are the grades collected via feedback on the basis of college life:
OSU v/s Other Universities/Colleges: A Comparison
The Universities mentioned below are equally recognized public universities along with the popular programs that are opted for.
Ohio State University v/s Michigan v/s University of Washington:
|University/College||Ohio State University ||Michigan ||University of Washington |
|Rank||#70 (THE)||#84 (THE)||#26 (THE)|
|International Students||28% of the total enrolled||36% of the total enrolled||37% of the total enrolled|
|Popular Programs||Accounting, Psychology, Finance, Biological Science, Business Administration, and Agriscience Education||Humanities, Social Sciences, and STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics)||Management, Finance, Engineering, Biological Science|
|Age ||>100 year||>100 years||>100 years|
|Research||Very High||Very High||Very High|
|Academic Reputation (Score)||61.9||57.5||86.1|