Capital University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1930, Capital University (Capital, Cap, or CU) is a private undergraduate institution and graduate school located in Bexley, Ohio. The university serves a diverse student circuit of more than 3000 and attempts to ‘feed’, ‘find’, and ‘refine’ the role of each student through high impact and immersive learning. Capital University is the oldest university in Central Ohio and is one of the oldest and largest Lutheran-affiliated universities in North America. Furthermore, the institute is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Capital University Rankings
- Capital University ranked 28th in the 2020 edition of Best Regional Universities of Midwest, as per US News and World Report.
- According to THE 2020 rankings, the institute is at 401-500th rank in US College Rankings.
- The university is 179th Best College for Education in America and 199th Best Colleges for Nursing in America as per Niche 2020 rankings.
Illustrated below are certain crucial facts which can help to present an overview of Capital University.
|Type of University||Private|
|Religious Affiliation||Evangelical Lutheran Church|
|Intake Session||Fall and Spring|
Capital University Campus
- Capital University has a picturesque, urban campus covering 54 acres in Columbia, Ohio.
- The university is equipped with several state-of-the-art science laboratories, an animal care facility, and a two-story greenhouse. CU has a language laboratory that facilitates foreign-language learning amongst students.
- Capital University provides fully commissioned Public Safety officers on campus 24 hours a day seven days a week to help keep the Capital University community a safe place to live, learn, and work.
- Capital University has a 126,000 square foot recreational and athletic facility known as the Capital Centre. The complex includes a 2100 seating area, an athletic training room, health and sports sciences labs, a hydrotherapy room, and likewise.
- The university music conservatory is one of its highlights providing a world-class environment for the study of music by Conservatory students, as well as outstanding performance facilities for Central Ohio. The Conservatory’s on-campus equipment includes a full complement of instruments and computers, an electronic music studio, an electronic piano/computer room, a music education curriculum laboratory, and several rooms with practice pipe organs.
- Campus activities run the gamut from arts and media clubs, cultural organizations, and student government to sports and recreational opportunities.
- Capital University features more than 100 student organizations, including cultural organizations, arts, and media clubs, honors societies, etc.
- The university’s library, named Blackmore Library, is a four-floor structure consisting of computers, artwork, data, and music collection, and more than 300000 media articles.
Capital University On-Campus residence
- Capital University is equipped with10 different types of residence halls to provide on-campus housing facilities to students.
- The Saylor-Ackermann Hall, Lohman Complex, and College Avenue Hall Upper Class and First-Year Students. These three residence halls are composed of fully-furnished double and triple sharing rooms. The facilities available include a community space on each floor, microwaves, internet connection, etc. Some single rooms are also available.
- Capital Commons Apartments are a residential living area for juniors and seniors located less than one block from campus. Residents of the Capital Commons Apartments must have an academic standing at or above 60 credit hours at the time of occupancy. Residents must have no record of serious disciplinary violations and a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75.Meal Plans are not mandatory for the occupants of Capital Commons Apartments.
- With a housing capacity of 350 students, Schaaf Hall is solely reserved for First Year students of the university. It is a fully air-conditioned residence hall with double sharing and some single rooms.
- Other on-campus residence options at Capital University include Trinity Apartments and Townhouses, Trinity Suites, Sheridan and College Avenue Houses and Apartments, and Capital University Apartments. These four halls have a capacity of housing more than 300 students.
- The room rates vary from USD 5000 to USD 10000 per year. (approximately)
Capital University Programs
- Capital University offers graduate and undergraduate programs in the arts, sciences, humanities, and professions. The university also offers graduate degrees law, nursing, business, and music education.
- The university is equipped to provide 60 majors, 51 minors, four undergraduate degrees and 10 graduate degrees in the areas of Music, Arts, and Communication, Business and Management, Education, Humanities, Natural Sciences, Mathematics, and Computer Science, Nursing and Health, Law, and Social Sciences.
- The most popular majors at Capital Universityinclude Nursing, Business, Psychology, Biology, and Music.
- Practices like internships, Learning Communities, and undergraduate research and capstones are used to induce holistic and successful learning among students.
- The university offers hybrid modes of learning, which include both online and on-campus learning. Likewise, many of Capital University’s graduate degrees can be either completed by 2 years or at a student’s desired pace.
Capital University Application Process
It is imperative to take care of the following points before making an application to Capital University.
Undergraduate Student Admission
Application Fee- USD 25
Deadlines: February 1.
Supporting Documents -
- High school report
- Academic records
- GPA– 3.1 to 3.8
- ACT score– 21 to 27
- SAT score– 970 to 1170
- TOEFL/IELTSscores for international students (TOEFL iBT– 61; TOEFL PBT– 500; IELTS– 6.0)
- Audition for Music Major applicants
- A comprehensive review is done by Nursing applicants.
Graduate Student Admission
Application Portal -Online portal
Application Fee - USD 25
Supporting Documents -
- Official Transcripts
- Personal Statement (250 words)
- Letter of recommendation
- GMAT/GRE (if required)
- TOEFL/IELTS scores for international students
- Work Experience (if required)
- 2 References (if required)
- Personal Interview (if required)
The institute’s ACT code number is 3242, and our SAT code number is 1099. You can have your transcripts sent to through Parchment (a popular transcription service provider the Institute partners with) or send them directly to the office:
1 College and Main
Columbus, OH 43209-2394
Capital University Cost of Attendance
The estimated cost of attendance depends on several factors like the undergraduate college applied for, tuition, books, fees, housing, dining, and personal items.
|Expenses||Cost per year|
|Other Fees||USD 320|
|Room and Board||USD 5,492-5,766|
|Books and Supplies||USD 1600|
|Other Expenses||USD 2400|
Capital University Financial Aid
- Capital University invests more than USD 50 million annually in providing scholarships and grants to students. The average financial aid award per student stands at USD 23000.
- A number of merit-based scholarships and grants are available for international students. 99 percent of the first year, full-time undergraduate international students receive some type of merit-based assistance.
- International Scholarship is a renewable award based on test scores offered to international students, provided that they are full-time students, and the cumulative GPA is more than 2.0. The amounts range as:
- Level 1: 18,000 USD
- Level 2: 20,000 USD
- Level 3: 24,000USD
- Financial aid is also provided to international students pursuing Music at Capital University. Some of such scholarships are:
- Music awards: Award available to traditional undergraduate full-time bachelor of music or Bachelor of Arts in music majors based on the need for the instrument for Conservatory Ensembles. The amount of award is 500 USD and is renewable for 8 semesters.
- Music Composition Scholarship: Scholarship available to traditional undergraduate full-time Conservatory of Music composition majors based on composition portfolio and evaluation. The amount is 3,500 USD and can be renewed up to eight semesters.
- Numerous scholarships are also available to graduate students and adult-students, which are worth more than 10000 USD
- Competitive scholarship is awarded to selected high school seniors with a minimum ACT score of 28, or a minimum SAT score of 1250.
Capital University Alumni Network
Capital University boasts of a number of famous alumni. Some of them are listed below.
- Jim Jordan– United States Representatives
- Eric Norelius - Lutheran minister, church leader, and author.
- Deborah Pryce– American politician
- David Yost– 51st Attorney Generalof Ohio
- Tom Baruch– American businessman
Capital University Placements
- The Career Development Cell of Capital University strives to advise students and alumni on issues of career satisfaction, life balance and contribution to society.
- Students can get information on various career fairs organized all over Ohio through the Career Development Cell.
- Information on jobs and internships are also available. Furthermore, skills like writing a resume, preparing for an interview, etcetera, are also taught via the Career Development Cell.
- Moreover, students can create an ID on Handshake portal to find out suitable jobs. Career fairs and internships opportunities are available to all.
- According to the 2018-19 annual report, 74% of the graduates were employed in a field related job within 6 months of graduation.
Find a Program
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Application Portal :https://www.capital.edu/apply-now/
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
My parents wanted me to study in the USA as all my relatives live there. To complete the admission process I had to fill a common application form for which I was required to pay $25 as an application fee. They even checked my high school score of 8.7 GPA.
Course Curriculum :
The course was designed to offer students real world experience that employers will value. The curriculum helped us to directly work on marketing research, analysis, promotional campaigns, and marketing plans for local businesses. It even helped us become trained at digital marketing subjects like Google Analytics, customer relationship management (CRM) software, social media marketing, etc
I had researched a lot about different universities but I had heard a very nice reviews about this college. For taking admission I had to submit a common application form along with that I even paid application fee of $25. My 9.0 GPA in high school helped me a lot.
Course Curriculum :
My course was designed to provide me a well-rounded liberal arts education and a strong professional preparation in computing. The curriculum covered a broad range of topics to expose me to the important issues in both software and hardware. I began my studies with two introductory courses focusing on algorithm design, basic software engineering fundamentals and elementary data structures.
I had contacted an admission consultancy and they offered me a list of some colleges. I applied at two of them and got selected in both but I liked this university best suited for me. I had to fill an online application form through the common application portal and it had cost me around $25.
Course Curriculum :
It was a very balanced and knowledgeable program.It offered me ample research opportunities. This course curriculum helped me to demonstrate scientific thinking that was gained through practical research, laboratory, or field experience.Through this I learnt to formulate realistic ideas about how to implement their psychological knowledge, skills, and values in occupational pursuits in a variety of settings.
I got to know about this university through internet and soon after, I decided to take admission here because it was affordable as compared to other colleges and other opportunities were also good. There was an online application filled by me through the official website of the university for an application fee of $25.
Course Curriculum :
My course curriculum was very flexible.It was the combination of both practical and theoretical classes.It had refined my analytic and conceptual talents to enable me to successfully tackle the most complex issues.And also enhanced my ability to work with diverse teams to create innovative solutions.This included total 30 credit hours, including the foundations and 9 other core classes.
Although I applied to a total of 4 college, I opted for this university as it was the only one where I got selected from a study abroad consultancy. Also, my scores fitted the course perfectly in which I wanted to pursue my masters. I applied through the online application portal of the university and paid an application fee of $25.
Course Curriculum :
In the program, we engage in applied research and data analysis to deepen professional teaching practice, extend teaching skills and competencies and enhance learning outcomes. Also, it weaves emphasis on research, effective use of technology, culturally responsive teaching, and broad respect for diversity.
- Book Store
- Super Market
- Shopping Mall
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary