New England Institute of Technology: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1940, New England Institute of Technology is a private college having its main campus in East Greenwich, Rhode Island, USA. Enrolling around 2200 students, New England Institute offers programs mainly in the areas of Nursing, Automotive Mechanics, Plumbing and heating ventilation, and Game Design and Interactive Media. The college has rolling admissions.
- #36-#46 in Regional Colleges North and #34 in Top Performers on Social Mobility according to US News & World Report.
- Safest College Campuses in America #22 of 1,379, Best College Food in America #213 of 1,385 and Best College Campuses in America #271 of 1,417 as per Niche ratings.
|UG Application Portal||The Common Application; Official Website|
|Student Retention Rate||54%|
|Mode of Programs||Full time; Part time; Online|
|Campus Housing Capacity||416|
|Annual Cost of Attendance||45,101 USD|
New England Institute of Technology Campus
- The main campus at East Greenwich houses administrative and student support buildings, skills training centers, Registrar’s Office, and a bookstore.
- The institute has two more campuses at Access Road and at Warwick named ad Julian B. House Campus.
- The Institute has simulation labs and technically made classrooms to impart practical knowledge and hands-on training to the students.
- The campus has residential and dining facilities for the students.
New England Institute of Technology Residence
- The Institute has traditional dormitory and apartment-style housing. All the facilities are equipped with technology.
- Residential halls have basic amenities, study rooms, game areas, a multi-purpose lounge with a fireplace, student collaboration rooms, kitchen area, vending machines, Common TV viewing areas, and high-tech laundry room features washers and dryers programmed to send you a text when your laundry is done. The campus has many dining facilities too.
- Traditional singles cost USD 11,280 and the two-bedroom suite costs USD12,360 per year. The meal plans cost around USD 4,500 to USD 5,700.
- After reaching in the senior year, students can think of exploring off-campus housing options in the US as per their living style and requirements.
New England Institute of Technology Programs
- The institute offers over 50 programs for associate and undergraduate degrees, mainly in the fields of Architecture and Design, Automotive and Transportation, Business, Management, Building Technology, Digital Media, Engineering, Law Enforcement, Nursing and Health Sciences, etc.
- The graduate degree programs are offered in the fields of Construction Management, Cybersecurity, Defense, Occupational Therapy, Public Health, Engineering Management, Information Technology, Nursing and Post-Professional Doctorate of Occupational Therapy
- The college also offers online and hybrid programs in the fields of Nursing, Cyber-security, Criminal Justice, Public Health and Occupational Therapy.
- Student-faculty Ratio is 16:1.
New England Institute of Technology Application Process
Students applying for admission at New England Institute of Technology must note the following important points:
- The admission applications are accepted online or through the common application.
- Application fee of 50 USD (non-refundable) needs to be submitted.
- Admission requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Applicant must read, write and speak fluent English
- Assessment of reading, writing and math skills is administered on campus for all students entering New England Tech
- English Language proficiency test(s) (Academic Module) scores are required for international students hailing from non-English speaking countries
- IELTS 6.0, TOEFL (iBT) 78, for undergraduates
- IELTS 6.5, TOEFL iBT 79 for graduate admissions
- Statement of purpose
- Financial support documents with Bank statement and Passport copy
- Official transcripts of High school/College degree. These transcripts must be attested by the issuing university or Board.
- Average Graduation rate:52%; Acceptance Rate 100% and Student retention rate 68%
New England Institute of Technology Cost of Attendance
Tabulated below are the approximate expenses that students may have to incur every academic year. However, this is subject to change depending upon the personal expenses made.
|Cost Head||Expenses in USD (Approximate)|
|Room and Board (on Campus)||16,890|
|Books and Supplies||1,500|
|Personal Expenses and Transportation||3,000|
New England Institute of Technology International Scholarships
The Institute offers merit-based scholarships based on academic performance and standardized test scores.
- All the enrolled students are evaluated but need to fill the online application and submit the transcripts. The selected students receive USD 1,000 to 12,000 per year and these awards are renewable in nature.
- The institute also encourages students to go for the state or federal grants or private scholarships like scholarships by IIE, Edupass, Bermuda scholarships, etc.
- Besides this, the college has some specific subject related awards and need-based financial help. The college also helps students apply for state grants and loans to meet their study expenditures.
- Around 93% of the students receive some type of financial aid at the institution.
- Additionally, students may increase their chances of receiving financial aid by exploring and applying for other international scholarships in the USA granted by external agencies.
New England Institute of Technology Alumni
- The alumni-connect is the alumni association of the institute that organizes philanthropic and sports events, recreational programs and helps the current students as mentors also.
- The association also runs a ‘Friends of the College fund’ program.
- The alumni receive discounts on workshops, seminars, bookstore, insurance amongst other facilities.
New England Institute of Technology Placement
- The college has Career services and the staff at the center reviews the resumes, conducts and organizes workshops on writing resumes, cover letters, assists with job and internship applications, LinkedIn profile making and helps in finding suitable jobs and careers for the future. The students can take help from the advisors for improving their employability skills also.
- The College also organizes Campus career fairs and alumni also create job opportunities for the campus students. Companies like BMW North America, Bond Brothers, Bridgestone, Carousel Industries, Comtronics Corporation, Cox Communications, Cranston Police Department, Dell (EMC), Dimeo Construction, DiPrete Engineering, EaglePicher, Electric Boat, FBI, FM Global, and General Dynamics participate in campus recruitments.
- 91% of the students of the college are able to get a job within 2 years of graduation and after 6 years they earn around USD 42,800 per year against the national average of USD 33,028.