Longwood University is a public, liberal arts university in Farmville, Virginia. It was established in 1839 as an Association, but became a university in July 2002. Also, Longwood University is the third oldest higher learning institution in the US.
Programs, Campus and Residence
- Over 100 undergraduate and 10 graduate degree programs, under four colleges are offered at Longwood University currently. Some of the popular majors are – Liberal Arts and Sciences, Humanities, Business, Management, Marketing, Fitness Studies, Social Sciences, etc.
- On a 154 acre campus, Longwood University offers residence facility to its students. It includes eight residential halls, for accommodating its students.
Longwood University Admission Process
|Requirements||Transcripts; SOP; LOR|
|Test Scores||UG: ACT/SAT Graduate: GRE/GMAT/MAT|
|English Proficiency Test||TOEFL/IELTS|
|Application fee||50 USD|
|Additional Requirements||Essay and Resume; Personal Statement|
|Intake Season||Fall: December 3|
How to apply – To apply for admission to Longwood University, for:
- UG: Apply through the online application.
- Graduate: Apply through respective department’s online application.
Cost of Attendance
|Room and Board||10,732 USD|
|Books and Supplies||1,350 USD|
|Other Expenses||2,348 USD|
The students at Longwood University are offered financial aid in the form of scholarships, loans and grants. It is mandatory for students to submit the FAFSA on or before deadline, to receive financial aid.
- The average scholarship value for freshmen is 14,609 USD.
- About 79% of the freshmen receive financial aid in some form.