Northern Arizona University, USA: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Founded in 1899, Northern Arizona University is a public university located in Flagstaff. The university also has 20 other campuses around North Arizona. The university has a total enrollment of 29,569 students, out of which 21,495 students are enrolled in the Flagstaff campus. Over 10,000 students at the university are non-Arizona residents that includes international students coming to study in USA and 60 countries around the world. The acceptance rate seen at the Northern Arizona University for the fall 2020 undergraduate admissions was 85%, wherein 36,810 students applied.
Northern Arizona University offers undergraduate and graduate programs in the fields of Arts and Humanities, Business and Administration, Computing and Technology, Criminal Justice, Education, and Counselling.. It is known for its edge-cutting research and exemplary education. The undergraduate engineering programs and graduate nursing programs have been recognized as one of the best in the nation by the U.S. News and World Report. The university is accredited by Higher Learning Commission (HLC). Remarkably, Northern Arizona University was also awarded a 4 star rating in QS Top Universities.
Northern Arizona University has been ranked as follows:
|QS Top Universities||QS World University Rankings||1001+|
|U.S. News and World Report 2021||National Universities||#284|
|Niche 2021 Best Colleges||Best Liberal Colleges of Arizona||#4|
|Times Higher Education 2021||World University Rankings, 2021||501-600th|
|U.S. College Rankings, 2021||501-600th|
|Year of Establishment||1899|
|Programs Offered||Undergraduate and Graduate|
|Endowment||192.6 Million USD|
|Freshman Retention Rate||75%|
|Accreditation||Higher Learning Commission|
|Official Website||North Arizona University|
- Northern Arizona University has its main campus in Flagstaff, Arizona with more than 20 statewide campuses across the nation.
- The Northern Arizona University Flagstaff Mountain Campus stands beautifully over 683 acres of land. It is located just a few miles away from natural wonders and metropolitan areas, thus students can explore the natural landscape, city life, and nearby attractions.
- The university campus has on-campus accommodation facilities with Library, Computer Centers, Halls, Eateries, Recreation, and Sports facilities.
- The campus classrooms provide a requisite environment for learning with all the facilities like free Wi-Fi, computer systems, and comfortable space.
- The university runs many societies and clubs that conduct activities and events. Some popular Clubs for students are:
- Alpha Phi
- Bad Jacks Dance Club
- Energy Club
- Educators Rising
- The university organizes various outdoor adventure activities and provides recreational opportunities to the students to promote the health awareness and overall development of students.
- The Northern Arizona University offers housing options to international students in the form of residential halls.
- Each of the academic colleges and schools at the university is supported by one or many residential halls on the campus.
- Some of the residential halls are Honours College, Reily Hall, Cowden Hall, Allen Hall, McConnell Hall, Wilson Hall and others.
- Living on campus provides academic support, 24/7 access to computer labs, proximity to classes and other campus resources.
- The housing provides all basic facilities for students such as lounges on each floor, kitchens, laundry rooms, front desk, common areas, TV, internet, housekeeping and others.
- Common room features include loftable twin beds, dresser, wardrobe, desk and chair, Wi-Fi connection, vanity and mirror, etc.
- Students can also select their rooms under specific conditions that can be checked online itself.
- Programs offered at Northern Arizona University include bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees and some post baccalaureate and post master's certificates.
- To be specific, the university offers 95 undergraduate programs, 47 undergraduate certificates, 76 graduate degree programs, and 30 graduate certificates.
- A variety of disciplines are provided through the 9 colleges and schools at the university namely:
- W.A. Franke College of Business
- College of Social and Behavioural Sciences
- College of Health and Human Services
- College of the Environment, Forestry and Natural Sciences
- College of Engineering, Informatics and Applied Sciences
- College of Education
- College of Arts and Letters
- Graduate College
- Honours College
- Online degree programs are also available for students out of which the top ones are Master of Social Work, Master of Public Administration and Master of Science in Nursing.
- Some of the popular undergraduate programs at the university include Business, Management, Marketing, Education, Health Professions, Social Sciences, etc.
- The College of Education provides the only nationally accredited teacher education program in Arizona.
- The professional sales education offered by the College of Business has been a top program for more than 14 years.
- Application Portal: Applicants can apply for North Arizona University admissions through the online portal on the university's official website.
- Application Fees:
- 50 USD (Undergraduate Applicants)
- 65 USD (Graduate Applicants)
- Application Deadline: Application deadlines for the undergraduate applicants are:
- Fall Season - March 1 (Starts in August)
- Spring Season - September 15 (Starts in January)
- Summer Season - March 1 (Starts in June)
- Required Documents: Following documents are required for the application process
Applicants with a native language other than English need to prove their proficiency by providing scores of TOEFL/ IELTS. The minimum accepted score of the tests are given below:
Given below are the deadlines for international undergraduate admissions:
Applicants must budget their cost of study to study in the USA before finalizing the admission application. The estimated cost of attendance at the North Arizona University for a year is tabulated below:
|Expense||Annual Cost for Undergraduate Student||Annual Cost for Graduate Student|
|Tuition Fee||26,208 USD||25,129 USD|
|Student Fee||1,346 USD||1,283 USD|
|Housing/Board||6,275 USD||6,275 USD|
|Meals||4,413 USD||4,413 USD|
|Books and Supplies||1,000 USD||800 USD|
|Mandatory Health Insurance||2,675 USD||2,675 USD|
|Total||41,737 USD||40,665 USD|
- The university offers many merit-based scholarships to International Students. The scholarships cover tuition fees and book supplies. Some of the scholarships available for international students are:
- International Excellence Award (Award amount - 10,000 USD per year)
- Khursheed Fatima Scholarship (Award amount - 11,000 USD for two semesters )
- No external application is required for merit-based scholarships. Applicants are automatically considered upon admission for scholarships.
- Apart from Scholarships and Grants, the university also provides part-time job opportunities to the students.
- International Students can also apply for various external scholarships to study in the USA.
- Northern Arizona University has a worldwide network of alumni and it organizes several alumni meetings, seminars, workshops, and other events that are very fruitful for the students as well as for the alumni. These meetups and events offer a great opportunity to establish new contacts and refresh existing ones.
- Some notable alumni are:
- Robin Braun (The United States Navy Vice Admiral)
- Lopez Lomong (American Athlete)
- Seamus (Actor)
- Raul Hector (Former Arizona Governor)
- Diana Gabaldon (Author)
- Given below are the average salaries of graduates from Northern Arizona University according to Emolument:
|Degree||Average Salary (in USD)|
|Bachelor of Science||52,000|
Northern Arizona University offers full support to its students in the form of mock interviews, polishing their resumes, career advice, internship opportunities and others. The university also provides career development workshops, career fairs, on-campus interviews and various other steps to help students reach their career goals.
Ques. What is the overall ranking of the Northern Arizona University?
Ans. Northern Arizona University ranks 284th in National Universities in the U.S. News and World Report 2021.
Ques. What GPA is required to get into Northern Arizona University?
Ans. A minimum GPA of 3.0 in core high school subjects without any deficiencies is required for admission to Northern Arizona University.
Ques. What is the acceptance rate at the Northern Arizona University?
Ans. The acceptance rate seen at the Northern Arizona University for the fall 2019 undergraduate admissions was 85%, wherein 36,810 students applied, 85% were admitted and 17% enrolled.
Ques. What are the tuition fees at Northern Arizona University?
Ans. The estimated tuition fees at the Northern Arizona University for international undergraduate students is 25,396 USD. The tuition fee for international graduate students is 26,350 USD.
Ques. Does Northern Arizona University offer accommodation facilities to students?
Ans. Yes, the Northern Arizona University offers accommodation facilities to students in the form of residential halls, Students can directly apply at the housing facilities through online applications.
Ques. How much is a dorm at Northern Arizona University?
Ans. On an average, housing expenses for first-year students amount to 5,852 USD per year. The exact rent for various residence halls are as follows:
|Student Type||Rent (in USD)|
Ques. Does Northern Arizona University offer scholarships to international students?
Ans. The Center for International Education at Northern Arizona University offers scholarships to international students. Some of the scholarships include International Excellence Award, Global Achievement Award, Graduate Assistantship, President’s Scholarship and additional scholarship resources.
Ques. Is Northern Arizona University accredited?
Ans. Northern Arizona University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC).
Ques. Is Northern Arizona University a division I school?
Ans. Yes. Northern Arizona University is a part of NCAA division I and has 15 sports teams.
Ques. How can students contact the Office of Admissions at Northern Arizona University?
Find a Program
Application Portal :https://nau.edu/admissions/how-to-apply/
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Times Higher Education
Ranked #501 - #600
Ranked #251 - #300
Ranked #251 - #300
Clinical Science (International)
Ranked #251 - #300
View More >>
It's because of the research based studying here, the professors are highly experienced, the classes offered, the place location is amazing too
Course Curriculum :
It is difficult but prepares you for the world out. It had projects assignment exams for every class
The professors and the curriculum at NAU is finely made such that it improves the students skills technically and conceptually and student has to put effort automatically to get through. Professors are very friendly and highly knowledgeable.
Course Curriculum :
One needs to have strong foundation in his basics and with the bachelors, to prevail in Masters as there are the pillars/prerequisites for approaching higher studies like MS which goes deeper in the subject.
I came to know about this university in an education seminar. Other than this university, I-ve also applied to four institutes. The admission procedure of Northern Arizona University is completely online. I have paid $50 as an application fee & got I-20 within two weeks. I have done my high school in Non-Medical with 80% marks.
Course Curriculum :
The course curriculum incorporates components such as communications, business systems design/development, mobile commerce software design, and mathematics. Not only theoretical but practical lectures are also conducted. Projects, Case studies, and Presentations are an important part of the curriculum.
I chose this college for its change in the environment and also the ease of the application process. It was only $50 to apply and was very easy to complete. I applied to only 2 schools and was accepted in just a couple of months. I also loved this college for its small-town appeal. Flagstaff is a beautiful and small city that was perfect for college students. I loved how the professors connected with me and my classes were never too big, so I could have that connection with my professors and other students.
Course Curriculum :
The course curriculum was my favorite part of this university. I was given a large choice of classes and I was able to cater my choices to my major emphasis. For example, I focused on Human Resources and took classes that concentrated on the business side of psychology. There were also several elective options that were incredibly fun.
I chose this college for its programs and student aid benefits. This university offers great pricing and helps financially to reach your goals as a student. I believe that my university is by far the very best university in the state of Arizona. The classes I want are available and the professors are very helpful.
Course Curriculum :
My opinion is the course curriculum is perfect for a student like me.
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary