Adelphi University: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Established in 1896, Adelphi University was the first co-educational and private university in Long Island. It has now become one of the premier institutes in the U.S. organized into eight schools and colleges. It offers over 125 undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
The main campus is in Garden City and with three other campuses; the University has more than 7,500 students enrolled. The institution has international students coming over from 43 states and 64 countries. The University has an excellent placement record and has its place in the top 10% highest-paid graduates across the country. The University has the best college batches in 5 categories as well as recognized master’s degree programs in nursing, audiology, clinical psychology and speech-language pathology.
Adelphi University Rankings
Adelphi University has a list of remarkable rankings that make the University a good choice for studying in the U.S. Some notable rankings are:
- 301st position by QS World University Rankings 2020.
- 208th position in the U.S. College Rankings, THE World University Ranking 2020.
- The U.S. News and World Report 2020 ranks the University as follows:
- #166 in National Universities
- #121 in Best Colleges for Veterans
- #102 in Best Value Schools
- #90 in Top Performers on Social Mobility
- #43 in First-Year Experiences
|Location||Garden City, New York|
|Campus Housing capacity||1,300|
|Mode of Program||Online, Full-time, part-time, work-study|
|Financial Aid||Grants and Scholarship|
|Payment Mode||Online/ Credit card|
|Average class size||21|
|Endowment||175 million USD|
Adelphi University Campus
- Adelphi University’s main campus is in Garden City, while the three off-campus centers are Hudson Valley, Suffolk County and Manhattan Centre.
- The International Student Society organizes cross-cultural events every semester. Student organizations like Adelphi Christian Society, African Student Association, AU Paws Web Radio, etc also operate on campus.
- The Performing Arts Centre in the University is spectacular and can be used by students.
- Facilities like indoor track, fitness center, swimming pool and tennis court are available.
- The Library offers a range of books and study material with over 500,000 volumes, 90,000 e-journals.
- The campus is one train ride away from New York City and has a lot of places that attract youth. Students enjoy visiting Central Park, Broadway, Times Square and Empire State Building.
Adelphi University Residence
- There are 7 residential halls with over 1,300 students living on-campus.
- Students living on-campus can easily access on-campus facilities like fitness center, gym, bookstore, computer lab, library and different dining locations.
- All residence halls feature furnished rooms, lounge with kitchens, utilities, free Wi-Fi and cable TV, laundry facility.
- First-year students and sophomores can park their vehicles in the Garden City Pool parking lot.
- Off-campus housing options are available for students. Apartments are available around all four campuses that are affiliated to the University for student-accommodation.
- Access ramps are located all around the Garden City campus to make it disabled-friendly.
- Public safety is one of the main focus points as cameras are present all around campus. Security booth numbers and Adelphi ID are provided to all residential students.
- There are a variety of dining options available to residents in the university such as Post Hall, Legends Cafe and the Back Bar Grill.
Adelphi University Courses
- Adelphi University offers over 60 undergraduate courses and some of them include Art History, Marketing, Neuroscience, Philosophy, etc.
- More than 65 graduate programs are offered by the university, namely Accounting, Biotechnology, Psychoanalytic Supervision, Nutrition, etc.
- Popular courses among international students include Business Administration & Management, Nursing, Health and Physical Education, and Social Work.
- Joint Degrees available help undergraduate students gain a liberal arts degree with a specialization in a subject they prefer. Special Programs such as General Studies, Learning Resources Program, Science Advancement help students widen their plethora of knowledge.
- Adelphi Global Buddy pathway program aims to bring students from different cultures together in order to interact and form connections.
Adelphi University Application Process
Adelphi University offers early action and regular action deadlines to students. Early action is non-binding for applicants and gives priority consideration for scholarships and other financial assistance.
How to Apply?
The process for admission to Adelphi University is discussed below:
Application Portal: Common Application/ Coalition Application/ Adelphi Application
Application Fee: 40 USD
Application Deadline: The application deadlines for undergraduates are given below:
|Regular decision - Spring||November 1|
|Early action - Fall||December 1|
|Regular decision – Fall||March 1|
|Dentistry and Optometry Joint Degree programs||February 1|
Admission Requirements: The following documents must be submitted along with the application for admission:
- Personal Essay
- Official academic transcripts must be sent directly from the issuing institution
- Resume including extra-curricular activities
- Work Experience (if any)
- Letter of Recommendations
- SAT/ACT or English Proficiency Exam TOEFL/IELTS/DET
English language requirements
The minimum requirements for English language proficiency test scores are as follows:
Adelphi University Cost of Attendance
- Adelphi University’s cost of attendance can be further divided into the annual tuition fee depending on the choice of program and the costs of living.
A summary of the cost of attendance for students is given below:
|Expenses||Amount (in USD)|
|Tuition Fee||41,480 – 46,497 USD|
|Room and Board||16,580 USD|
|Books and Supplies||1,020 USD|
|Health Insurance||200 USD|
|Personal Expenses||2,000 USD|
Adelphi University Scholarships/Financial Aid
- International undergraduate students can receive merit, talent, and athletic scholarships.
- The amount of scholarships varies depending on grades and test scores beginning from 10,000 USD.
- No separate application is required to apply for scholarships. Eligible students will automatically receive a scholarship letter from the Office of University Admissions.
- You Are Welcome Here Scholarship: A scholarship for 28,000 USD will be given to two first-year international students. Students have to submit an essay along with other supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Need-Based Scholarships are given on the financial status of a family. On average, grants of 22,579 USD are rewarded.
- Institutional and merit-based scholarships are given to students with exceptional academic or extra-curricular performance. Some of these include:
|Name of Scholarship||Eligibility Criteria||Amount Awarded|
|High School Achievement, Deans and Presidential Awards||Awarded to full-time first-year students on the basis of academic ability, performance in high school, standardized test scores and class rank.||10,000 – 28,000 USD|
|Academic Talent Combination Scholarship||Awarded on the basis of audition or review of a portfolio submitted and academic records.||Determined individually|
|Honors College scholarship||Awarded to full-time first-year students who will begin studies in fall 2020 and are accepted to the Honors College.||3,000 USD|
Adelphi University Alumni Network
- Awards and recognition provided to Adelphi alumni to commemorate their accomplishments and achievements are Ruth S. Harley Service Award, Adelphi Legend Award, 10 under 10 Young Alumni Recognition Program, etc.
- Adelphi Alumni Webinar Series is conducted to learn and gain insight over profession/career as well as learn new skills. Alumnifire is a career networking resource available for alumni of the university.
- Abenity is offered for Alma matter of Adelphi and discounts on hotels, restaurants, theme parks, concert tickets are available.
- Notable alumni of the alumni
- Alice S. Hoffman: New York Times Bestselling Author
- John D. Wren: CEO of Omnicom Group, Fortune 500 Company
- Christopher Armas: 2002 FIFA World Cup Player
- Hon. Joseph Westphal: US Ambassador to Saudi Arabia
- Al Trautwig (Honorary): Sports Commentator, MSG Network, NBC
Adelphi University Placements
Career fairs are organized by the university to help students and alumni get jobs or internships. Students are asked to dress in business casual and bring their CV. Paid opportunities, interviews and employment are easily accessible.
Top tier placements offers are made by Microsoft, Back of America, Estée Lauder, Google, NBC Universal, Citi Bank, New York Mets, etc. In 2019, the first graduating class from Robert B. Willumstad School of Business MS in Professional Accounting program received 100% placement.
FIND A PROGRAM
Application Portal : https://admissions.adelphi.edu/onlineapp.php
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Academy Ranking of World Universities
RANKED #301 - #400
I completed my undergraduate program in Business Finance from my home country in 2015 and landed up a job in a decent corporate company. With experience, I realized I needed to work more on building my leadership skills to formulate my entrepreneurship dreams, and hence, I decided to pursue my masters. New York, being a financial capital drove me in searching for colleges studded in its vivacious city and that was how I zeroed in on Adelphi University. With my degree, work experience, recommendations, essay, and a few other requirements, I was able to badge a place for myself in the University. My application was done online through the common application, the application fee was $40.
Course Curriculum :
My engagement with Adelphi is not just limited to classes. I am a part of Graduate Assistantships, where I coordinate and help with a lot of administrative work such as data collection, website management, and project developments. Also, as a member of the University's fitness club, I host as well take part in a number of its activities. My contribution also extends to a couple of associations and clubs.
After completing my undergraduate program in Business Finance from my home country in 2015 and landed up a job in a decent corporate company. With experience, I realized that I need to work more on building my leadership skills to formulate my entrepreneurship dreams. Hence, I decided to pursue my masters. New York, being a financial capital drove me in searching for colleges studded in its vivacious city and that was how I came across the Adelphi University. With my degree, work experience, recommendations, essay, and after fulfilling a few other requirements, I was able to get the admission in the university.
Course Curriculum :
Effective management skills are in high demand by global and globalizing enterprises. Thus with the help of this program, I will be provided with the tools to create, improve and market products, manage financial risk, create new markets, and master the latest business technology. I am also provided with a cutting-edge program based in New York City that infuses business education with a global perspective.
- Bus Station
- Train Station
- Super Market
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary