University of North Dakota: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
The University of North Dakota, known as UND, is located in Grand Forks and was founded in 1883 and is listed among the highly prestigious and top universities of the USA. The university has 13,581 students and around 2,369 employees working towards the growth of the institute. It is a renowned public research university of the US Education System which is also the state's oldest and largest institute in the region offering 250+ on campus and online degrees.
Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, the organization has a vast campus spread across 521 acres. The university’s tuition fee is 13% lower than other institutes. It stands at 176th position in the list of Top Public Universities in America by THE 2020 rankings. It has emerged as an innovator in engineering, medicine, aviation and unmanned aircraft systems. The university is also the first in the country to offer a degree in unmanned aircraft systems operation and programs in aviation and aerospace.
University of North Dakota Rankings
- #263 in National universities by US News.
- 401-500th US College Rankings 2020 by The World University Rankings.
- #127 Top Public Universities in America by Niche.
- #399 Top Colleges 2020 by Forbes.
- #187 Country rank by uniRank.
- #17 Most Conservative Students rankings by Princeton review.
Programs, Campus and Accommodation
- The University of North Dakota offers 250+ on-campus and online programs at bachelors, graduate and doctoral levels.
- There are several colleges and schools that fall under this university namely, The School of Aerospace Sciences, the College of Arts and Sciences, College of Business and public administration, College of Education and Human Development, College of Engineering and Mines and Graduate Schools of Law, Medical and Health Sciences, Nursing and Professional Disciplines.
- They offer unique masters and doctoral courses in online mode where candidates can obtain a degree with home comfort.
- The university offers 14 undergraduate, certificates, masters, doctoral, majors and minors in field of aerospace and aviation.
The University of North Dakota also provides 149 online programs.
- Doctoral programs are available in Aerospace science, Engineering fields and in Nursing course.
- Some of the major popular programs are Liberal Arts and Humanities, Communications, and Psychology.
University of North Dakota Campus
- The main campus of University of North Dakota is situated in Grand Forks. It is made up of 240 buildings on 550 acres of plot.
- The central campus area consists of many historic buildings. It have mostly academic buildings on campus. It also consists of Chester Fritz Library which is the largest library in a North Dakota. The central campus area includes Merrifield hall, Twamley hall, Babcock hall, Montgomery hall, Carnegie Hall, old man memorial plaza, etc.
- University of North Dakota also operate a satellite campus consisting of several buildings at the Grand Forks International airport.
- There are 250+ students club and organizations that let students meet and grow with like-minded people.
- The University has 17+ NCAA Division I teams for men and women both.
- UND gives great importance to health and wellness. They have the University counseling center for mental health wellness, employee health services, student health services, etc.
- They promote diverse culture by educating students from more than 85 nations and providing international student services regardless of gender, community, and race.
- The university is ranked at 470th position for having Best College Campuses in America by Niche 2020 rankings.
- The university provides non-work employment options where students can work as an institutional student employee. On-campus and off-campus jobs are available for domestic as well as international students.
- They have residence halls and apartments for students wishing to stay on-campus.
- There are 14 residence halls of three different layouts – community hall, suite-style hall, and apartment-style halls.
- Bek Hall, Brannon Hall, Fulton Hall, Hancock Hall, Johnstone Hall, McVey Hall, and Noran Hall are some of the Residence halls available.
- They have 600+ apartments with one, two or three-bedroom units that maybe be furnished or unfurnished depending on the requirements.
- Washing machines, dryers, adjustable beds, mattresses, mail services, network services, and cable televisions are provided in each residence hall.
- Students can also opt for private off-campus housing options that suit their budget and their lifestyle.
- Various dining options are available on campus for students with various meal plans.
- Some other housing options are also available in the USA
University of North Dakota Admission process
The details regarding the admission to the University of North Dakota is given below.
How to apply?
Admission Portal: University’s website
Admission Fee: 35 USD
Basic Academic Requirements:
- IELTS or TOEFL or PTE are accepted with minimum scores as stated below:
- IELTS - 6.0 bands
- TOEFL (iBT) - 71
- PTE - 60
- SAT or ACT exams are not mandatory.
- Students seeking admission in the GRE or GMAT exam requirements are program-specific.
- Four year bachelor's degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited college or university.
- A cumulative grade point average ( GPA ) of at least 2.75 for all undergraduate work or a GPA of atleast 3.00 for the junior and senior years of undergraduate work.Statement of goals
- Three Letter of recommendations including academic or professional reference.
Supporting Documents: The candidates need to submit official secondary school transcripts, statement of financial responsibility, English language proficiency test scores, and complete the immunization and TB screening process.
University of North Dakota Cost of Attendance
The distribution of expenses in the form of an estimated budget for international students looking to study in the US is as mentioned below.
|Room & Board||9,730|
|Books and supplies||800|
- The institute offers over 2000 scholarships every year to help students fulfil their dreams.
- New freshmen scholarships is merit based scholarships awarded to students based on their ACT or SAT Score, high school GPA or GED scores. Students receive upto 12,000 USD.
- Angel funded scholarship is available to students enrolled in the current semester the satisfactory progress in the academic program.
- University of North Dakota Open Door scholarship provides tuition assistance to students facing financial hardship. The applicant must be a US citizen or permanent residence, completed FAFSA, be enrolled in full-time semester, be in good academic standing.
- Nygard Endowment scholarship is available for two international students with 1,000 USD.
- Hanying Xu International Spirit scholarship endowment is awarded to one international student with 1,000 USD.
- Pell grants are awarded by the federal government for as much as 6,095 USD per academic year. The award amount is calculated based on FAFSA and expected family contribution.
- Various loan programs such as Federal subsidized loan, federal unsubsidized loan, parent plus, federal direct graduate plus loan, master promissory note are available. Private student loans are also accepted.
- Various work study employment is also available for students on campus and off campus. International students are not eligible for Federal Work Study program.
- Some of the scholarships offered are as stated below:
- Randy H Memorial Scholarship: The scholarship is given to the students of Law school. Only new students are eligible and the amount varies.
- Accounting Department Application: This is for students enrolled in any course in the Department of Accounts. The amount is variable.
- Ralph Engelstad Underrepresented Scholarship: The award is for full-time freshman and the award is of 5,000 USD. It is renewable.
- The USA offers range of other scholarships to international students as well.
Notable alumni of the institute include:
- Gerald Vandewalle: served as Chief justice
- Mary Martin: Principal of Park River Elementary School
- Jonathan Toews: Canadian professional ice hockey player
- Chuck Klosterman: author
- Karen Nyberg: American mechanical engineer and retired NASA astronaut
- Nicole Linkletter: American fashion model and the winner of Cycle 5 of America's Next Top Model
University of North Dakota Placements
On average, 95% of the students are employed or are enrolled in a graduate course after completion of an undergraduate program. The average salary of UND students is estimated to be 67,000 USD and around 85% of students are employed in the field of their graduation.
FIND A PROGRAM
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Center for World University Rankings
I had applied in 2-3 colleges but this college was the first one to take my admission. To get admitted I had filled a common application form also an application fee of $35 was also charged from me. My 12th score of 9.0 GPA helped me a lot in addmisison.
Course Curriculum :
The course included many internal and external moot court and trial teams that helped me gain practical experience through competitions on campus. Also it had a high-quality curriculum and vibrant extracurricular activities.
My cousin who lives in the USA had recommended taking admission in this college. I had submitted a common application form for which I had to pay the application fee of $35. They also asked me to show my 12th score of 9.2 at the time of the admission.
Course Curriculum :
The course helped me develop next-generation cyber skills and valuable data assets, systems and processes. I has studied subjects such as Foundations of Cyber Security, Internet of Things and Security, Intrusion Detection Algorithms.
I was applying for colleges in the USA for my bachelor's degree in engineering and preferably a Chemical branch. So the Consultancy at which my father consulted suggested to me this college, and when I searched about it, it indeed is regarded as one of the top chemical engineering colleges in the nation. I filled in the online application form and paid $35 as the application fees.
Course Curriculum :
Weekend practical hands-on experience in laboratories distributed throughout our undergraduate programme. In addition to university experiences, which include opportunities to conduct research, we are engaged to spend time working in the engineering profession via summer internships or cooperative education. Besides the technical education embodied in the program there is a strong general education component which is also required, it is included to round out the individuals University experience and help us prepare for a full life and not just a career.
I come from a commerce background. I had done some research and had applied to 3-4 universities and finally chosen this college as it has been accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. I had secured a GPA of 9 in high-school. I had applied at the university through an online application form by paying an application fee of around $35.
Course Curriculum :
I had studied various subjects in my program like- economics, accountancy, management, and English. The course was designed to provide us with organizational experience and learning along with classroom training. I had to even make a project report in the course based upon my internship experience, being internships compulsory for the students in the curriculum.
I picked this college because of the environment and the engineering programs offered that nearby colleges did not offer. The price was also very cheap and offered many scholarships. I also had many friends that were coming here and it was nice knowing people that would be in the dorms with me.
Course Curriculum :
I think it is adequate for my civil engineering program and the generals offered are insightful and provides me with a lot of interesting courses to take. The engineering programs offer a lot of different choices to graduate with along with the general classes.
- Book Store
- Super Market
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary