Hastings College Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
Hastings College of Nebraska us a private liberal arts college. The college received around 1944 applications for fall 2018. The acceptance rate for the semester was 64%. However, the enrollment rate for the same semester was 21% Institution offers more than 50 majors through 32 areas of study and a Masters in Teaching.
- Applicants can apply via the college application portal or at the Common Application Portal.
- College does not charge any kind of application fee for the UG application procedure.
- Any International student applying to the College is automatically eligible for International student grant worth $14,000 and is renewable for up to 4 years.
- The college accepts both IELTS & TOEFL as proof of Proficiency in English Language for non-native english speakers.
|Application Portal||University Admission Portal|
Common Application Portal
|Application Fee||UG: No fee|
PG: 50 USD
|Average GPA Score||3.5|
|Average ACT Score||23|
|Students receiving financial aid||100%|
Hastings College Admission Deadlines
Domestic applicants can apply for UG programs on a rolling basis. However, international applicants are encouraged to apply by the following deadlines:
|Recommended deadlines||April 1|
|Submission of ACT/ SAT Scores||August 15.|
Hastings College International Students Admissions
The admission process for international students is the same as for U.S Applicants. However, international applicants are required to meet some additional requirements as well as take care of the visa process.
Admission Requirements for International Students
- Applicants are requested to provide an official, certified copy of secondary school work.
- WES evaluated credentials.
- Minimum GPA of 2.7 on a scale 0f 4.
- Proof of English Proficiency for non-native English speakers.
- Standardized test scores
- SAT score (minimum): 860 (math and verbal)
- ACT score (minimum): 20
English Proficiency Test Scores
International applicants must provide ELP test scores when applying for admissions at Hastings College. The minimum score requirement is mentioned below:
|English Test||Minimum Score Required|
|TOEFL (IBT )||77|
|IELTS||6 or above|
Visa Process for International Students
- Students are required to pay an enrollment deposit, following which they should submit their proof of financial support. The college upon receiving the required documents for validation shall issue an I-20 form to the applicant. The US does not grant visas more than 90 days prior to the reporting date.
- Applicants must provide the following documents to receive the I-20 Form
- Copy of passport
- Proof of financial support (Affidavit and Bank Statement)
- The I-20 must be completed with accurate information such as name, biographical information, and program information as this will be used for the visa stamp in the applicant’s passport.
- Students have to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee ($200) and print the receipt for the interview.
Hastings College Undergraduate Admissions
The University offers 40 majors to its undergraduate applicants. The basic admission process for all the courses remains the same. The admission process and requirements for bachelor programs are mentioned below:
Where to Apply: College Application Portal or at the Common Application Portal.
- High School Transcript
- Translations of transcripts, if required.
- WES credential evaluation, for international applicants
- SAT/ACT Scores
- SAT code:6270, minimum score: 860
- ACT code:2456, minimum score: 20
- English Proficiency test score, for international applicants
Hastings College Graduate Admissions
Only 1 graduate course is offered by the institute, Masters in Teaching. The admission process and requirements for the same are as follows:
Where to apply: College Application Portal
Application fee: 50 USD
- Baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university.
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities.
- 2.5 overall GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- ETS Score or PRAXIS Score
- Two letters of references
- Personal interview required at the discretion of the department in which the major area of study is to be taken.
- English language proficiency test scores, for international students. The minimum requirements are:
The admissions policy is moderately selective and holistic. The applicants are reviewed on the basis of high school transcripts coursework taken. The university also considers personal recommendations, essay, SAT/ACT scores, and indulgence in co-curricular activities.