Sam Houston State University (SHSU) is located in Huntsville, Texas, United States. SHSU’s programs are ranked 231-300 by U.S. News & World Report.
Programs, Campus and Residence
- SHSU offers over 80 undergraduate, 59 masters, and 8 doctoral degree programs. Popular majors of the university are - Multi/Interdisciplinary Studies; Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services; Health Professions and Related Programs; Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting and Related Protective Services; and Psychology.
- SHSU has a span of 316 acres of land in central area of Huntsville. It also has 2 large agriculture complexes, teaching and research farm along with an observatory.
- The university has 9 residence halls, 15 small houses and 1 apartment complex. The residences have the capacity to accommodate more than 3,500 students altogether.
Sam Houston State University Admission Process
|Pre-Requisites||Official transcripts, LOR|
|Test Scores||SAT/ACT score, GRE/GMAT score|
|English Proficiency Test||TOEFL/IELTS score|
|Application Fee||Undergraduate - 45 USD, Graduate – 75 USD|
|Additional Requirements||Personal Statement, Writing Sample|
|Intake Seasons||At most before 90 days before the beginning of initial semester of enrolment|
How to Apply – Applicants may submit their online application forms at ApplyTexas.
Cost and Scholarships
Cost of Attendance
|Tuition and Fees||22,632 USD|
|Room and Board||9,386 USD|
|Books and Supplies||1,372 USD|
|Personal Expenses||1,792 USD|
The students are provided financial aid in the form of scholarships and grants.
- Around 25% of the new students receive financial aid of about 5,559 USD per person from the university.
- Around 48% of the first year students receive federal grant of about 4,699 USD each.
There are around 110,000 alumni around the globe. The alumni are benefitted with various services such as invites to special alumni events, networking opportunities, executive SAA Car decal and volunteer opportunity for the resume.