Indiana University - Purdue University Indianapolis: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Founded in 1969, Indiana University- Purdue University is a public research university in the United States which came into existence post the merger of Indiana's top two universities-Indiana University and Purdue University. Accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, the university is a reputed institute in the US Education System and has also won the Engaged Campus of the year award in 2018 from the Indiana Campus Compact.
It is spread over a lush 536-acres campus and has a total current student enrollment of 21,246 undergraduates. With an international student population of around 7%, the institute is a site of diversity and inclusion which is a favored choice among students looking to study in the USA. The university offers more than 450 courses at undergraduate and graduate level available across its 17 schools.
Indiana University-Purdue University offers admission on a rolling basis round the year and requires a non refundable application fee of 65 USD and 70 USD from its undergraduate and graduate applicants, respectively. The institute is a lightly selective university in the country which observes a high acceptance rate of around 81%.
- The university ranked #228 in National Universities rankings by 2020 rankings survey.
- It has also bagged the position #61 in the category of Best Undergraduate Teaching.
- US News 2020 survey results honored the institute at #57 in Most Innovative Schools.
|Annual Endowment||852 million USD|
|Student Retention Rate||59%|
|Mode of Program||Full time; Part time; online|
|Campus Housing Capacity||11%|
|English language proficiency score||TOEFL or equivalent|
|Financial Aid||Available as grants, awards and scholarships|
|Admission Helpdeskfirstname.lastname@example.org | 317-274-4591|
Prograsm, Campus and Accommodation
- Indiana University-Purdue University offers an array of courses for international students which comprise more than 450 undergraduate,graduate and professional courses in 17 different schools.
- Students are given flexibility about their academic paths and have the option to either do their classes on campus or online,or by doing a mixture of both mediums.
- The most in-demand majors at the University are- Business and Management, Marketing and other related services,Liberal Arts, General Studies,Computer and Information Technology, Engineering and Health Professions.
- The MBA program is offered only in the fall semester.
- Many jump start courses are provided before the orientation starts to prepare students for college level courses.
Note: All students from India are required to complete part 1 of any graduate degree after completing a three year bachelor's degree to gain admission to the master's programs.
- The university campus based in downtown Indianapolis was established in 1916, with the Purdue University extension being added in 1946.
- Almost 40% of freshman students prefer to live on campus
- The campus offers more than 500 different student organisations to develop valuable experience and make connections that help career-wise.
- The campus is also home to a 10,000 square foot recreational fitness centre which includes exercise machines,free weight areas and a MX4 studio.
- All students of the institute can reside in either of the eight halls of residence on the campus. The halls are-
- Ball Hall
- University Tower
- North Hall
- All buildings have amenities such as free laundry, wi-fi connection, community kitchen,a 24 hour computer lab, exercise rooms,a courtyard with access to fun events and air conditioning.
- Special accommodations are provided to students with disabilities. Students with temporary injuries or illnesses must contact the office to make direct arrangements.
Indiana University-Purdue University Application process
How to Apply?
Application Portal: Official University Application or Common Application
Application Fee: 65 USD(undergraduate) 70 USD (graduate)
Application Deadline: rolling admissions
Basic Admission Requirements
- Standardized test scores: SAT Math Section: 500-590; SAT or Evidence-Based Reading and Writing: 500-610; ACT Composite: 19-26
- High school/college GPA of entering students (Both UG and PG): 3.48 (undergraduate) ;3.39 (graduate)out of a scale of 4.0.
- Official academic records
- English proficiency test scores- minimum scores are TOEFL-IBT-60, IELTS-5.5,Duolingo English Test-90, Financial documentation, passport ID page copy
- GMAT/GRE scores for graduate applicants
- Resume/Work Experience
- Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement
Indiana University-Purdue University Cost of Attendance
Applicants are always encouraged to plan their finances well in advance before applying for admission in a fpreign land. For all the international aspirants hoping to enroll at the institute, an estimated budget for international students looking to study in the US has been tabulated below.
|Type of expense||Living on campus||Living off campus||Living with parents|
|Tuition fees||USD 9,944||USD 9,944||USD 9,944|
|Books and other supplies||USD 930||USD 930||USD 930|
|Room and board||USD 10,152||USD 10,152||USD 2,080|
|Transportation||USD 472||USD 1,906||USD 1,906|
|Personal||USD 2,170||USD 2,170||USD 2,170|
|Total costs||USD 23,668||USD 25,102||USD 17,030|
- The university offers financial assistance in the form of grants, loans from the government, work-study and scholarships for international students to study in the USA.
- A limited number of scholarships are available for international students exclusively for the fall intake.
- To be considered for the scholarship, the scholarship application must be made by November 1.
- At undergraduate level, the university offers 2 types of scholarships – Merit based and Competitive scholarships.
- The amount of scholarship for an international undergraduate student is between 7000 USD to 27000 USD per year.
- A merit scholarship of USD 15,000 per year awarded annually for the entire 4 year duration of study to incoming first year undergraduate students.
- The Indiana University-Purdue University Alumni association organises events all through the year, giving the school's alumni opportunities for career networking,cheering for their favourite sports teams at the Annual IUPUI Regatta.
- Some of the university's mentionable alumni are: Mike Pence, George Hill, Marie McRay, Todd Young,Dan Coats, Norman Bridwell.
According to reports,around 72% of graduates completed at least one internship. 85% of graduate students gain employment in their respective fields of study. 92% of graduated students report a positive career outcome.
As per US News 2020 survey results, an average median starting salary of alumni of the university is enalry 49,800 USD.
Find a Program
COLLEGE STUDENT REVIEWS
Application Portal :https://enroll.iupui.edu/admissions/apply/
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|Exams||Avg. Score||Min Score||Max. Score||%Submitted|
|IELTS Check Detailed Score||-||6.5||-||-|
|TOEFL Check Detailed Score||-||80||-||-|
|SAT Check Detailed Score||1093||995||1190||85|
|Evidence-Based Reading and Writing||550||500||600||-|
|ACT Check Detailed Score||23||19||26||46|
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
QS World University
Ranked #751 - #800
IUPUI is a unique place for doctoral candidates. Courses here will feel more like discussion forums than classrooms. Typical student strength in a course is 4-6. Attention is paid by faculty to every student individually. Doctoral students are treated well and they even have lunch with faculty on a daily basis. Mostly it’s a research centric institution and the highlight is the Doctoral programs, like for IITs the highlight is the undergraduate programs. The science departments are Purdue accredited which has a good global standing. These were some reasons for me to choose IUPUI.
Course Curriculum :
Coursework equivalent to 42 credits is required for degree completion. This is like 12-14 courses. If you don’t have masters then this requirement is 60 credits.
I have completed my bachelor's from India in the stream of CS and that is when I became genuinely interested in data science and did an internship as well. Then I decided to join a university for higher studies and started applying to this University for its application of $65 and many other University which I felt suitable to me. The application was to be made through the IUPUI Graduate Application website.
Course Curriculum :
I have taught methods of data mining, ways to transform large datasets into usable knowledge, and how to represent information visually as a part of the course before jumping into the algorithms and working with it. The master's in Applied Data Science provides students with core competencies in the latest methods of data management, analysis, and infrastructure and high-throughput data storage.
Closeness to the downtown industry, making it easier and more manageable to have internships during the school year, amazing program with professors with lots of experience and connections, I like being downtown and not in such a small college town feeling space.
Course Curriculum :
I think that with my major there is a large majority of us that want to go into events and conventions as opposed to tourism and hotel management/ restaurant management and there?s a lot of unnecessary courses that we have to take regarding those. I do understand that they are needed for those who are coming through that are taking another route it just seems like a large majority are taking the events and conventions route. I'd like to see more classes geared towards that.
Great psychology program as well as many opportunities for students to do well. There are many programs and a variety of them. There are so many different things you can do. The city is great for us to do well.
Course Curriculum :
I think it?s a good idea for future students, although many people don't approve of it. I believe that we should be open to new opportunities and t could be very beneficial for future generations.
- Book Store
- Bus Station
- Shopping Mall
- Train Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary