Southwest Minnesota State University 2020-2021 Admissions: Acceptance Rate, Requirements, Deadlines, Application Process
The Southwest Minnesota State University has an admission rate of 64% which means that it is not that easy to get into the university, provided you fulfil the requirements. In 2019, a total number of 7,167 students were enrolled for the Fall session in Southwest Minnesota State University. Because of COVID-19 outbreak, the University is conducting it’s Summer Semester online.
Southwest Minnesota State University has a wide range of courses to choose from Bachelor’s programs to Master's programs. International applicants must apply for a visa on time to study in the USA. It accepts applications both in online and offline modes.
- The University enrols students for Fall/ Spring/ Summer sessions every year.
- Southwest Minnesota State University is not an open college so you can be admitted only if you fulfil the requirements as deemed necessary.
- Students applying for Freshmen courses are advised to complete their scholarship applications by June 30.
- You can apply for scholarships by checking the eligibility criteria. 97% of enrolled students receive scholarships.
- SAT/ ACT or any additional test is optional here. However, if students want they can submit the certified copy of the official test result.
- If SAT combined critical reading and SAT math scores are higher than 990 then applicants can be waived from taking placement tests on arrival.
|Application Portal||Online Application Portal|
|SAT and ACT scores||Optional|
|Mode of Payment||Credit Cards, Electronic Cheques, Cheque or Money Order|
|Academic Calendar||Semester based|
|Intake Seasons||Fall/ Spring/ Summer|
|Financial Aid Loans, Grants, and Scholarships||Available|
|Contact Number||(507) 537-7678|
Southwest Minnesota State University Admission Deadlines
Students who wish to apply for Southwest Minnesota State University admission can fill in the form as per the stated deadlines. The University does not entertain late admissions. The deadlines for the applications are:
|Fall Session||June 30|
|Spring Session||November 30|
Southwest Minnesota State University International Students Admission
Southwest Minnesota State University is open for people from different lands. If you are an international student and fulfil the stated criteria, you are all set to apply for the Southwest Minnesota State University admission. In the previous year, the University admitted 6% of its students from an international background. International Students are not eligible to apply for grants or loans.
Application Portal: Online
Application Fee: 20 USD (non-refundable)
Admission Requirements: An International student must submit the following documents to be eligible for admission at the Southwest Minnesota State University –
- Successful completion of a High School Diploma or with the completion of Higher/Senior Secondary School,
- English Proficiency score,
- GPA score of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale,
- SAT/ ACT score,
- Secondary or High School Transcripts,
- Foreign Transcript Evaluation,
- Financial Statement of Support, and
- Personal Statement.
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
All the International students are expected to clear the TOEFL/IELTS exam and present their scores to prove their English Proficiency. Following are the minimum scores required for each –
Visa Process for International Students
- The International Students Office will provide you with a Form I-20 once you are accepted.
- Students can apply for an F-1 visa through the U.S. Consulate/ Embassy in their own country.
- Students will have to pay the I-901 SEVIS Fee online and print out the receipt.
- Submit the online DS-160.
- Prepare for your visa appointment. Check with the embassy to ensure that you bring all your documents.
- Post this, your Visa Application Interview will be scheduled. For the Visa Interview, the students are required to have –
- Visa Application, form DS-160,
- Application Fee payment receipt,
- Form I-20,
- Test scores,
- Admission letter, and
- Financial statement of support.
Southwest Minnesota State University Undergraduate Admissions
Southwest Minnesota State University provides various Undergraduate Courses for a four-year term. The University offers a catalogue of courses for students to choose from - bachelor of arts, bachelor of science, bachelor of applied science, an associate of science, and associate of arts degrees. Undergraduate admissions at Southwest Minnesota State University are explained further –
Where to apply: Online Application Portal
Application Fee: 20 USD (non-refundable)
Admission requirements – Following are the requirements that the students need to fulfil to apply for Undergraduate Admissions at the Southwest Minnesota State University –
- Completed application for admission.
- Official high school transcripts(s).
- Scores from the ACT or SAT.
- Recommended Coursework:
- Four years of English (includes composition, literature and speech),
- Three years of Math including 2 years of algebra and 1 year of Geometry,
- Three years of Science. At least one in biological science and one in physical science,
- All courses should include lab experiences,
- Three years of Social Science including one year of US history and one in geography,
- Two years of a single foreign language,
- One year of specified elective chosen from the following: World Culture or the Arts.
Southwest Minnesota State University Graduate Admissions
Southwest Minnesota State University offers various Graduate Programs including degrees in Master of Business Administration, Master of Science and other Certificate Degrees, to name a few.
Some of the popular graduate programs offered by the Southwest Minnesota State University are:
|Requirements||Master of Business Administration||Master in Education and Special Education||Master in Physical Education|
|Application fees||30 USD||30 USD||30 USD|
|GMAT score||450||Not required||Not required|
|Reference||Required (Two)||Required (Two)||Required (Two)|
The University’s website provides all the Application Forms for both – Graduate and Undergraduate Programs. We advise the applicants to keep all the documents in hand before applying on the website. The University is a perfect choice for those students who wish to set their foot apart.
To contact their International Admission Team, you can ring them up on 1-507-537-6428 or mail them on email@example.com
Ques. Does the University provide any graduate degrees?
Ans. At present, the Department teaches online literature and rhetoric/composition pedagogy classes as part of a graduate education degree.
Ques. What can I avail with a Creative Writing degree?
Ans. Their creative writing majors have gone on to become successful writers, journalists, and teachers. Others have worked for a business and combined their love of creative writing with management skills.
Ques. Can I do pre-law through the English Department?
Ans. Yes, as there is no specific path through college to a law school, any major will get you there.
Ques. How is My Financial Aid Eligibility Determined?
Ans. Financial Aid is offered to students by the guiding principles set forth by the Federal Department of Education; the basic responsibility for financing a college education rests with the student and his/her parents. The amount of financial aid offered to a student is determined by the student's "financial need."
Ques. When Should I Apply For Financial Aid?
Ans. The priority deadline for all types of financial assistance is January 1.