University of California Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
With an acceptance rate of 74%, University Of California- Merced enrolls more than 8000 students each year and is the first American Research University of the 21st century. Currently University offers 22 Majors and 24 Minors in undergraduate programs and 14 graduate programs.
- The university invites applications for Fall and Spring sessions.
- Both the undergraduate and graduate applicants have to apply through the university’s online portal.
- The university accepts both TOEFL and IELTS scores as proof of English proficiency.
- International applicants must complete their visa process in time.
- Applicants must keep track of their application status.
- University offers admission to three Schools:
- School of Engineering
- School of Natural Sciences
- School of Social Sciences, Humanities, Arts
|Application Portal||University Application|
|Application Fee ( non refundable)||Undergraduate- 80 USD|
Graduate- 140 USD
|Average ACT Score||24|
|Number of Students||8000|
|Academic Calendar||Semester based|
|Intake Seasons||Fall and Spring|
University Of California- Merced Admission Deadlines
The applicants are advised to apply before given deadlines to be considered for admission:
|Spring||July 1- August 31|
University Of California Merced International Student Admissions
More than one fourth of Student diversity comes from different countries. This University is selective and strict with academic requirements and documents Submission. International students must apply well before deadlines for smooth processing.
Admission Requirements for International Students:
- All the academic records/transcripts from the previously attended institution(s):
- Certified by the institution's office registrar.
- Sent directly from the issuing institute a stamped and sealed envelope.
- Official transcripts that are not in English, must be accompanied along with a certified English translation.
- Must have a minimum of 3.4 Gpa in the last two years of their previous program.
- GRE/GMAT exam scores as per program requirements.
- Proof of English proficiency for non-native English speakers.
- 3 Letters of recommendation ate mandatory for graduate admissions.
- An updated resume consisting of professional experience and educational qualifications.
- Letter of Intent or Statement of purpose which highlights an applicant’s career objective and future goals.
- Departmental requirements: In addition to the general admission requirements, some departments require a separate departmental application, portfolio, audition or interview.
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
International applicants can submit the TOEFL and/or IELTS scores to demonstrate English proficiency. The minimum required scores by the university are given below. However, applicants must note that several departments may have different score requirements.
|Test||Minimum Score Required|
Visa Process for International Students
- International applicants will be issued Form I-20 from the university.
- Applicants will need to provide the following documents to receive the Form I-20:
- Copy of passport
- Proof of financial support
- Bank statement
- Sponsor letter, if applicable
- Complete the I-20 and pay the SEVIS I-901 fee.
- Applicants then need to apply for the F-1 or J-1 visa. Submit the form and pay the application fee.
- Schedule and attend the visa interview
University Of California- Merced Undergraduate Admissions
It offers 22 Majors and 24 Minors undergraduate courses to all the applicants. The basic admission process for all the courses is the same.
Where to Apply: University Application
Application Fee: 80 USD
- High school diploma/transcript
- SAT/ACT scores
- Proof of residency
- Guidance counselor’s recommendation
- English proficiency test score for international applicant
- Secondary school certificate of completion
- GPA of 3.4 or above
- Completion of 15 year long academic courses with a 3.4 GPA:
- 2 years of history (in place of U.S. history, history of your country)
- 4 years of composition and literature in the language in which you are instructed
- 3 years (four years recommended) of college-preparatory mathematics that include the topics covered in elementary and advanced algebra and two- and three-dimensional geometry.
- 2 years of laboratory science (biology, chemistry, and/or physics) OR 2 years of integrated science
- 2 years of a second language
- 1 year long course (or 2 semesters) of visual and performing arts
University Of California Graduate Admissions
University Of California Merced offers 14 graduate courses to all the applicants. The Graduate student population comprises of one third International students from 30 different countries. With an enrolment rate of 47% in the year 2018 , this University offers courses in Applied Mathematics, Bioengineering, Chemistry , Economics, Physics, Public Health and Sociology.
Where to Apply: University Website
Application fee: 140 USD
- Equivalent Undergraduate degree
- 3.0 GPA and above
- GMAT/GRE Test Scores
- All the Graduate courses requires general GRE scores except Physics which require subject specific score too.
- 3 Letters Of Recommendation
- 1 Statement Of Purpose
- Personal History Achievements/ Contribution.
With world education , this University is a great place to acquire knowledge and gain experience giving a kick start to a good career. While making the application, gaps in the education years must be explained properly with no attempt to convert the grades .
All the Transcripts officially verified and mailed to University in sealed envelope. Also providing a complete history of personal achievements and work experience increases student’s chances of getting accepted.