Western Oregon University Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
Western Oregon University matriculates more than 6,214 (as recorded in 2011) students every year and has a moderate acceptance rate of 88% (recorded in 2019). University provides many Undergraduate and Graduate courses to International and domestic aspirants.
- Nearly 300 International students are a part of Western Oregon University.
- WOU provides scholarship for International students whose deadlines are given below –
- Winter term: October 30
- Spring term: February 1
- Summer or Fall terms: April 1.
- The university accepts an average GPA of 3.3 in high school (unweighted).
- Nearly 52 majors are offered by the university.
Western Oregon University Admissions Highlights
Following is the basic information for seeking admission in the university –
|Average ACT score||20|
|Average SAT score||1040|
|Mode of payment||Mastercard, Discover, VISA, electronic payment|
|Application fee||60 USD + 80 USD(express mailing fee for International students)|
|Financial Aid||Scholarship, Loan |
NOTE: Since the admissions in this university are rolling so there is no deadline for application.
Western Oregon University International Admissions
Western Oregon University admissions are offered on a rolling basis. 6% of undergraduate students at the university are international candidates.
Following are the requirements for admissions of international students –
- Application fee of 60 USD and an additional 80 USD (express mailing fee).
- Official transcripts from the previous school.
- GPA -3.0 or 6o semester hours from last attended.
- If GPA is less than 3.0 applicant may be admitted with MAT or GRE score.
- If GPA is more than 3.0 test required is waived off.
- MAT scores should be 395 or higher and GRE scores should be minimum 147(quantitative) and 148(verbal).
- Original documents copies preferred but certified copies are also acceptable which are signed by US embassy.
- Students must submit official copy of personal or parents bank statement showing balance of least 40,000 USD or official award letters for scholarship.
- Photocopy of current passport ID page
- Official copy of English test proficiency score test.
Visa Process For International Students
First, you will need to set up a visa appointment which can be done online and you may need your I-20 or DS-2019 information to complete the visa appointment time registration.
Required Documents for VISA process are-
- Immigration Form I-20 (for an F-1 nonimmigrant student) or DS-2019 (for a J-1 exchange visitor).
- Online Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application, Form DS-160.
- A Passport which is valid at least six months beyond the intended period of stay in the United States.
- One 2×2 photograph.
- MRV fee receipt to show payment of the visa application fee.
- The SEVIS I-901 fee receipt.
English Proficiency Test Score For International Students
International applicants need to clear the minimum score requirement in TOEFL and IELTS to demonstrate English proficiency. Therefore, below are the minimum required scores.
Western Oregon University Undergraduate Admissions
Freshmen need to meet some requirements in order to get admission in the university.
Where To Apply – Western Oregon University online portal
Application Fee -60 USD
- Students must have attained 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA in high school.
- Students getting GPA score from 2.75-2.99 must submit letter of recommendation or recommendation of teacher or counselor.
- SAT or ACT not required for students with GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Address valid proof.
Western Oregon University Graduate Admissions
Some of the major graduate programs offered by Western Oregon University are-
- Teaching, MAT
- Special education, M.S.Ed
- Management and Information system, M.S
- Elementary Mathematics Instructional Leader Specialization/Certificate
- 3.0 cumulative GPA or higher.
- Passing MAT/GRE.
- GPA of 2.50-2.99 can be admitted conditionally with first credit 9 hours.
With a retention rate of 74.0 Western Oregon University Admissions should be submitted by Feb 1. GMAT scores are required for business programs. Students who want to opt for graduation program can apply through online portal. Applicants need to apply for VISA 6 months prior the admissions.