Fisk University Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
Fisk University admission process is quite selective, having an acceptance rate of mere 45% as for 2018. The university admits nearly 644 students each year. Fisk University, under its admission offers 16 undergraduate programs and 4 graduation courses.
- The university invites applications for Fall and Spring sessions
- Both the undergraduate and graduate applicants have to apply through the university’s online portal and via common application as well.
- The university accepts both TOEFL and IELTS scores as proof of English proficiency.
The following table gives the glimpses of stats of the university:
|Admission Portal ||University Website, Common Application|
|Application Fee (non refundable) ||25 USD|
|Average SAT Score||1090|
|Average ACT Score||21|
|Mode of Payment||Master-Card/ American Express/Discover/visa|
|Academic Calendar||Semester Based|
Fisk University Admission deadlines
The applicants are advised to apply before giving deadlines to be considered before admission.
Table showing deadlines for First year, transfer and re-admit students:
Domestic Applicants for Fall Season (Undergraduate):
|Early Action ||November 1|
|Early Action 2||February 1|
|Regular Decision||June 1|
Note: Fisk University encourages students to apply during the Early Action or Early Action II decision process, as Regular Decision is limited to space availability. Moreover, priority scholarship consideration occurs during the Early Action cycles to the early applicants.
|Spring ||October 1|
Note: There is no specific guideline for admissions in this university. Fisk University follows rolling system of admission in which there is no specific deadline in which one must apply.
Fisk University International Admissions
Admission Requirements for International Students
- All the academic records/transcripts from the previously attended institution(s).
- Certified by the institution's office registrar.
- Sent directly from the issuing institute a stamped and sealed envelope.
- Official transcripts that are not in English must be accompanied along with the certified English translation.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.1.
- Official SAT/ACT score
- Proof of English proficiency for non-native English speakers.
- At least one Letter of recommendation is mandatory.
- An updated resume consisting of professional experience and educational qualifications.
- Letter of Intent or Statement of purpose which highlights an applicant’s career objective and future goals.
- Departmental requirements: In addition to the general admission requirements, some departments require a separate departmental application, portfolio, audition or interview.
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
International applicants can submit the TOEFL and/or IELTS scores to demonstrate English proficiency. The minimum required scores by the university are given below. However, applicants must note that several departments may different score requirements
|Test||Minimum Score Required|
|TOEFL||500 (Paper based)|
173 (Computer based)
61 (Internet based)
Visa Process for International Students
- International applicants will be issued Form I-20 from the university
- Applicants will need to provide the following documents to receive the Form I-20:
- Copy of passport
- Proof of financial support
- Original/certified bank statements converted to (USD) from the student's family or sponsor(s), dated no more than six months prior to date of application, showing enough funds (in USD) to cover tuition, room and board, and personal funds, which is currently about $32,000 USD per academic year.
- Complete the I-20.
- Applicants then need to apply for the F-1 or J-1 visa. Submit the form and pay the application fee.
- Schedule and attend the visa interview
- Besides this, the university requires I-94 card which is available online. Form I-94 is the Department of Homeland Security Arrival/Departure Record issued to aliens who are admitted to the U.S
Fisk University Undergraduate Admission
Fisk University offers nearly 16 undergraduate courses to all the applicants. The basic admission process for all the courses is the same.
Where to apply: Fisk University Website
Application Fee: 25 USD
Admission Requirements: Applicants must provide the following documents at the time of admission:
- One must have transcripts from higher secondary, test scores (O Level, WAEC, etc)
- Submission of TOEFL/IELTS scores is a must (If you are from an English-speaking country, you do not need to submit TOEFL/IELTS)
- ACT/SAT scores are not required but preferred as additional documents that will assist in placing students in proper math and English courses.
- Immunization Records of the applicant o be submitted
- Copy of Passport and Visa (if applicable)
Fisk University Graduate Admission
The university offers graduation in biology, chemistry, physics and psychology courses. The documents and requirements of each will vary depending on the course.
- The applicant must have original copies of the following documents:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Latest Resume
- Letters Of Recommendations
These are additional documents which might be required. However, the requirement may vary from undergraduate/graduate course to course.
Fisk University has a tough admission criteria since the acceptance rate is quite less. Since the university has stringent application/documentation, the applicants are advised to arrange their documents well before time.