Wilmington University Admission 2020-2021, Requirement, Deadline & Acceptance Rate
Wilmington University enrolls 20,480 students in total out of which 11,829 are undergraduates, 8,156 are graduates, and 676 are pursuing doctoral programs. The acceptance rate of the university is nearly 100%.
- The SAT and ACT scorecards are necessary to be submitted.
- The GPA should be minimum 3.0 for getting admitted into the university.
- The students can fill the application form on the online website of Wilmington University.
- The admission for the undergraduates, graduates are open.
- The university offers 26 bachelor programs and 20 master programs.
|Application Portal||Apply online on the website of the university|
|Application Fee||$35 (non-refundable)|
|Mode of Payment||Credit Card, Cheque, Money Order|
|Average GPA Score||3.0|
|International Application Deadlines|
Undergraduates – Fall -June 30
Spring – October 30 Summer – February 28
Graduates – May 31
|Work Experience||Recommended for transfer students|
|Interview||Required for admission in the professional program|
Wilmington University Admissions Deadlines
|Fall semester||June 30|
|Spring semester||October 30|
|Summer semester||February 28|
|Graduate Programs||May 31|
Wilmington University International Admissions
For getting into Wilmington University, the students need to follow certain criteria. Below are the few points that should be considered by international applicants for admissions.
Admission Requirements for International Students
- The submission of the official college transcript from an accredited United State Institution.
- The transcripts can be submitted electronically or sent directly to Wilmington University, Attn: International Admissions/TESOL, 320 N DuPont Highway, New Castle, DE, 19720.
- The official course-by-course transcript evaluation of overseas transcript completed by any member of NACES.
- Translations of official transcripts
- Complete scorecard from the Praxis Core exam or the scorecards from SAT or ACT.
- The TOEFL/IELTS scorecards are also to be submitted.
- Immunization records
English Proficiency Test Score for International Students
The English proficiency test score for international students is necessary to be submitted.
- The students can submit a minimum of 12 credits completed in the US institution that includes English.
- The TOEFL (iBT) score has to be minimum 79 and the IELTS score has to be 6.5
Visa Process for International Students
Firstly, submit all the required documents to attend Wilmington University as an international student.
- Form I-20 issued within 120 days prior to the program start date.
- With the form I-20 and payment of the SEVIS fee, the students can pay the Student Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee.
- Schedule a visa interview at the US Embassy
- Then visit the US Embassy website for up-to-date information about Embassies and F-1 Visa application procedures.
Wilmington University Undergraduate Admissions
The university offers around 26 undergraduate programs. The basic requirements and the admissions procedure is the same for all the UG programs.
Where to apply: University UG admissions portal
Application fee: USD 35
- Submission of the official high school transcripts that include courses completed through senior year and date of graduation.
- GPA of 2.0 or more.
- Complete the Math and English Skills Assessment test.
- SAT/ACT Score
- SAT: 450 (maths and English)
- SAT new: 530 (maths), 480 (English)
- Track the application status.
- Submit health history or Immunization records.
Wilmington University Graduate Admissions
The university offers around 20 PG programs. The basic process for these courses is similar. There are only 4 offline PG programs, the remaining are offered online. The admissions process is mentioned below:
Where to apply: University graduate admissions portal
Application Fee: USD 35
- Submit official UG transcripts electronically or sent directly to Wilmington University, 31 Read’s Way, New Castle, DE 19720-6491.
- GPA of 3.0 or more
- Completed program planning conference
- MAT score or 110 or more and Professional certification (optional) are required in Masters of Business Administration.
- English language scores for international students
The university reviews applications on a rolling basis. Applicants are usually informed about the admissions decision within 2 weeks after the documents have been received by the university. Since the admissions policy is lenient applicants are suggested to ensure that applications are made withi the deadlines.