Iona College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Located in New York quite close to Long Island and Manhattan town the Iona College was established in 1940 as a private Catholic College in the tradition of the Christian Brothers and American Catholic higher education.
Iona College offers programs in about 50 undergraduate and 40 graduate programs of study.The College enrolls about 3,926 students with 47% female students. Student-faculty ratio of 16:1 and around 58% of students of first year stay on campus. The faculty members are present on campus even to dine together with students that not only helps bonding but improves the academics and also contributes to personality development.
Iona College Rankings
Ranked #56 in Regional Universities North by US News in 2020.
Ranked #74 in Best Value Schools by US News in 2020.
Ranked #82 in Top Performers on Social Mobility according to US News & World Report.
Ranked Best Colleges for Criminal Justice in America # 240 of 525 by Niche 2020.
Ranked Best College Athletics in America # 247 of 1,407 by Niche in 2020.
Ranked Best Value Colleges in America # 378 of 1,592 as per Niche ratings.
|Year of Establishment||1940|
|Type of University||Private|
|Programs Offered||Undergraduate and Graduate|
Iona College Campus
Located in New Rochelle City in Westchester County, New York, United States, in the southeastern portion of the state, The Iona College has 45 acres of campus and offers programs in Manhattan too.
- The campus has Academic halls, Sports and recreation centers, Science Center, Library, Arts Center, Joyce Advancement/DeSantis Alumni House, LaPenta School of Business, Wellness Center and residence halls.
- The campus also has ample parking and follows safety rules for its students and faculty.
Residence Facilities at Iona College
The cost-effective housing is available on Campus through Apartments at Eastchester, Conese Hall, East Hall, Hales Hall, Loftus Hall, North Avenue Residence Hall, and Rice Hall; most of the residence halls are divided into suites and dormitories.
- The dining areas located on campus are LaPenta Marketplace, Starbucks and Vitanza Dining Commons
- More than 80 different clubs, organizations, and student groups have around 450 student activities per year to perform.
- The residences have facilities like laundry rooms, Study lounges, Exercise rooms, TV lounges, Kitchenettes Vending machines, Prayer rooms, 24-hour security desks apart from basic furnishing and amenities in each room.
- Some of the residence halls are air-conditioned too.
- 67% of the first-year students live on Campus.
- The accommodation and meal charges vary from around USD 16,000 to 20,500 per year.
Programs Offered at Iona College
The College offers around 50 undergraduate degree programs with over 30 minors.
- The degree programs are normally 4-year programs but College also has 5 year Bachelor’s and Master’s dual degree programs in a few areas like Chemistry, Computer Science, Criminal Justice, English, History, Mass Communications, Mathematics, and Psychology.
- The College programs are offered through mainly the School of Arts & Science and the LaPenta School of Business.
- The College offers a fast track MBA course that can be completed in less than a year's time. Besides this, The college offers programs in Accounting, Social Sciences, Sciences, Management, Information system, Criminal Justice, Media, and Strategic Communication, Religion amongst other popular fields.
- The Hynes Institute for Entrepreneurship & Innovation is the latest addition in the academic schools of college made by donation of a college alumnus.
International students who want to seek admissions at Iona College can follow the below-mentioned application process:
- Nonrefundable application fee USD 50 (waiver available in certain cases)
- Scores of Standardized Exams to study in USA
- Official transcripts of High school/College degree. These transcripts must be attested by the issuing university or Board.
- English Language proficiency test(s) - IELTS 6.5, TOEFL iBT 8 for international non-native English speaking applicants.
- Letters of recommendation from teachers and counselors are required.
- Financial support documents, Statement of Purpose
- The students also need to complete the Scholarship Profile if they require need-based scholarships/grants at the time of admission itself.
Cost of Attendance
|Cost Head||Expenses in USD (Approximate) Academic year|
|Room and Board (on Campus)||16,208|
|Books and Supplies||1,200|
|Personal Expenses and Insurance||5,500|
Scholarships & Financial Aid for International Students
The College offers merit-based scholarships for international students to afford their study in the USA. The scholarships are offered on the basis of their admission application, There are four types of merit scholarships for undergraduates but the student can receive only from Heritage, Gael, Transfer, or Celtic awards.
- The award ranges from USD 10 to 25,000 and is renewable on the basis of good academic performance of maintaining GPA above 2.0 or 3.0 based on the award type.
- Graduate students have merit scholarships such as Edmund Rice Scholarship having award sum ranging from USD 5,000 to 10,500, Iona College Alumni Scholarship with 10% tuition fee discount and other course-specific scholarships which are awarded and renewed on academic performances.
- Almost 99% of students receive some type of financial aid at the College.
The College has around 45,000 members across the globe, Known as Iona connection, the alumni offers scholarships, sports events and mentoring to its members and students of the college.
- The alumni take out a college magazine and help the students in career services also.
- Some notable alumni of the College are Laurence Boschetto, Ron Bruder, Randy Falco, and Robert Greifeld, Business people; Terry Finn, Actress; John Gilchrist, Actor; Eileen Ivers, Irish-American musician; Antonio Broccoli Porto, Sculptor and Mandy Rose, TV personality.
The Gerri Ripp Center for Career Development is the career center of Iona College to help the students to identify their career interests and does its best to bring the employers and students together so that the students can get jobs or internships.
There is an online job portal that allows the students to upload their resume and look for the suitable available positions. The portal helps them in enhancing their employment skills too. The center runs students and employer services too to enable job fairs for campus recruitment, resume referral program, Information sessions and career expos.
The center also conducts various workshops like job hunting strategies, Interview preparation techniques, Resume writing workshops, etc. that help the students and employers to involve together in the career services. 95% of students of the college are able to get a job within 2 years of graduation earning around USD 56,200 per year against the national average of USD 33,028.
FIND A PROGRAM
Application Portal : https://www.iona.edu/Admissions/Apply-Online
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
My school teacher had suggested me to take admission here and I had also researched a lot about this University. In order to apply, I had to fill a common application form and the application fee of $50 was asked from me. My high school score of 8.2 helped me a lot.
Course Curriculum :
The course offered me a wide variety of classes that taught important concepts in the field. My curriculum covered all areas of marketing, from research and consumer behaviour through strategy, branding and sales. I was taught how marketing is an integral part of every company and is used for products and services from soap to sporting events!
My education counsellor had recommended taking admission here out of 2-3 which I had shortlisted for myself. For the admission, I was supposed to fill a common application form with an application fee of $50. But college had checked my high school score of 9.2 GPA.
Course Curriculum :
Through the course, I gained a strong foundation in computer science and the critical skills that enhanced my professional expertise and prepare me to face the challenges of the modern workplace. My curriculum covered subjects such as Database development using SQL, Network programming, Mobile and web applications development, Parallel and scientific computing.
For pursuing my bachelors degree I wanted a good college in the USA. Some of my relatives were settled there and they told me about Iona College. And then I decided to get admission here and for that, I filled an online application form through the common application portal.This process had cost me around $50.
Course Curriculum :
I chose to study here after one of my family members suggested me this college. I explored the university online and got attracted to the campus, infrastructure, and other things. I applied for admission via the official website by paying an application fee of $50.
Course Curriculum :
In the course, we gain an understanding of information security technology and learn how to protect systems from cyberattacks so that we can help companies and individuals protect their information. The couse was 4-year long and I was enrolled full-time.
After applying to a total of 6 colleges, I waited and this college was the quickest to respond to my application. So, without any delay, I decided to opt for it. The application fee for the online admission form was $50.
Course Curriculum :
Through the curriculum, we gain intensive instruction and training in various areas of finance covering topics of investment analysis, corporate financial strategies, financial futures, and more. Other than this, we are provided with in-depth financial skills and knowledge that corporations and businesses are looking for.
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary