Master of Science [M.Sc] (Computer and Information Science)
International Student Tution
- MSc in Computer and Information Science at the University of Pennsylvania is a 2-year full-time program.
- This program is provided via on-campus mode only.
- While pursuing this course, students can explore areas such as AI, databases, security, programming languages, etc
- Some of the courses included in the program are:
- Computational Data Exploration
- Introduction to Computer Programming
- Technology and Policy
- Introduction to Cognitive Science
- C++ Programming
- Python Programming
- C# Programming and many more.
- The student-faculty ratio at the University of Pennsylvania is 6:1.
- According to PayScale, the average salary goes up to 72,080 USD.
|Degree Type Offered||Master|
|Fees||$ 130042 for 2 years|
|Delivery Type||full time|
|Admission Intake||fall (Deadline - Mar 15)|
Eligibility & Entry Requirement
- Applicants should have completed a bachelor’s degree, or its equivalent, from a recognized university.
- Proof of English proficiency may be required for international applicants, whose first language is not English.
- Students need to submit the result of the GMAT exam score, the minimum score should be 730 out of 800.
- Students must be qualified in IELTS or TOEFL to get admission to this program.
- GPA of 3.6 average is required.
Indian Student Eligibility:
Indian students are eligible to apply if they meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Completed a 4-year UG degree with first class in a relevant field from a recognized institution.
- Completed a master’s degree with first-class in a relevant field from a recognized institution.
Required Document List
Required Documents are:
- Transcript: Students must submit the official marks statements or transcripts that are provided by the college.
- Certificates: Certificates like High School or University/College Certificates are to be submitted of education qualification.
- Letter of Recommendation: This shows who recommended the student to pursue the degree.
- Resume/CV: Outline of academic achievements and/or awards, publications, relevant work, and volunteer experience.
- Test Results: Provide proof of English proficiency, if English is not the first language in student country, as proof of IELTS/TOEFL result scores is to be submitted.
|Event||Start Date||End Date|
|fall||Jan 6, 2022||Mar 15, 2022|
Fees & Funding
Tution & Application Fees
|Year/Head||Year 1||Year 2|
|Books and Supplies||$1358||$1358|
|Head||Avg Cost Per Year|
QS World University 2020
Ranked #35 / 600
Computer Science and Engineering [ International ]
Scholarship Grants & Financial Aids
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible||Application Deadline|
|AAUW International Fellowships||Variable||Yes||Nov 15, 2020|
|Forktip Women’s- Innovation Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Aug 30, 2020|
|JN Tata Endowment Scholarship||Variable||Yes||Mar 15, 2021|
|Paul Foundation scholarships||$ 20174||Yes||N/A|
|Program||Delivery Type||Duration||Program Type||Tution Fees|
|M.S Computer Graphics and Game Technology||full time||2 years||on-campus||$56786|
|M.S Scientific Computing||full time||2 years||on-campus||$56786|
VISA & Work Study
Before beginning the visa application process, students must have the following documents:
- This I-20 is required when applying for an F-1 student visa at an American embassy or consulate and for entry into the United States.
- This I-20 has been produced by Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and is an acknowledgment that the record is in the SEVIS system.
SEVIS Fee Receipt:
- All new students coming in F-1 status must pay a one-time SEVIS fee prior to applying for a visa and must submit the SEVIS fee receipt as part of their application.
- If students are renewing their F-1 visa it is recommended that have proof of SEVIS fee payment, even though it does not have to be paid again.
Additional I-20 Forms:
- If students have family members traveling with their in F-2 status, Yale will mail an I-20 for their use and each F-2 dependent should have their own I-20 form.
- Each F-2 dependent I-20 is issued their own SEVIS number but an additional SEVIS fee does not need to be paid for a dependent.
- Students may work on campus up to 20 hours per week (each week) when school is in session and full-time (more than 20 hours a week) during holiday and vacation periods.
- This F-1 employment benefit allows full-time enrolled F-1 students in good academic standing to work for recognized international organizations, within the meaning of the International Organization Immunities Act.
- A student is eligible as soon as they are in F-1 status there is no waiting period.
Career and Placement after Course
Upon completing MSc in Computer and Information Science, students can explore the following career opportunities:
- Computer System Analyst
- Information Security Manager
- Computer and Information Systems Managers
- Computer and Information Research Scientists
- Computer Network Architects
- Software Development Engineer
- Software Developers
- Information Security Analysts
- Computer Systems Analysts