Portland State University is a public research university located in Portland, Oregon, United States. Established in 1946, it is categorized as R2 doctoral university with high research activity and ranks in the top 15 percentile of universities in the US.
Programs, Campus & Residence
- 123 undergraduate programs, 117 graduate and doctoral programs are offered through 9 schools and colleges.
- Popular majors are - Education; Liberal Arts and Sciences/Liberal Studies; Psychology, General; Social Sciences; and Teacher Education and Professional Development.
- The university has a campus of 50 acres with 10 residence halls that can accommodate over 3000 students on-campus.
Portland State University Admission Process
|Requirements||Transcripts, LOR, SOP|
|English Proficiency Test||TOEFL/IELTS/PTE/ILEP|
|Application Fee||UG programs - USD 50; graduate programs – USD 67|
|Intake Season||Fall – August 1; Winter – December 1; Spring – March 1; Summer – May 1|
|Additional Requirements||Resume; personal statement; proof of financial support|
Applications for both UG and graduate programs are submitted on the official website.
Cost of Attendance & Financial Aids
|Expense||Cost in USD|
|Books & Supplies ||1,263|
|Room & Board ||9,204|
- 72% of students are awarded some form of financial aid.
- Average need-based scholarship offered is of USD 11,377.
175,300 people in the university’s alumni network are provided benefits like career services, insurance programs, library services, store discounts and more.