Marist College: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Marist College was founded by the Marist brothers in 1929 for educational excellence and quality teaching. Marist provides education in multiple disciplines and has a vast variety of programs including fully online MBA, MPA, MS, and MA degrees. The college has approximately 5,000 traditional-age undergraduate students, 1400 graduate students in 47 disciplines. Consistently ranked among the top institutions in the USA for its excellence by US News and World Report, The Princeton Review, and others, it attracts a lot of international students to study in the USA.
Notably, Marist has a flagship accord with the world-renowned tech giant IBM that aids in conducting extensive research activities and offer a relevant experience to students. Additionally, it offers students with internships in Manhattan in art, fashion, and media.
Marist College is a well-known name in the US Education System. It is consistently ranked by US News, Niche, The Princeton Review, and others. Here are the latest rankings:
- Times Higher Education: 401-500th in the US College Rankings 2021
- US News and World Report 2021 Rankings
- #11 in Regional Universities North
- #4 in Best Colleges for Veterans
- #16 in Best Undergraduate Teaching
- #33 in Best Value Schools
- #3 in Most Innovative Schools
- #166 in Top Performers on Social Mobility
- Niche 2021 Rankings
- #459 of 1,572: Best Value Colleges in America
- #468 of 1,336: Safest College Campuses in America
- #941 of 1,589: Most Diverse Colleges in America
- #321 of 1,580: Colleges with the Best Student Life in America
- #355 of 1,674: Most Conservative Colleges in America
- #357 of 1,401: Best College Athletics in America
- #162 of 1,660: Hardest Colleges to Get Into in America
- #172 of 943: Top Private Universities in America
Apart from this, Princeton Review has ranked the college in the top 50 for Game design.
|Type of University||Private|
|Courses offered||Bachelor, Masters and certificate courses.|
|Application fee||150 USD|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Financial aid||Scholarships, loans and grants|
- Marist offers 47 Bachelor's programs, 11 Master's programs, 1 Doctoral program, and 2 Certificate programs
- The undergraduate programs are offered through six academic schools and colleges namely the School of Communication and the Arts, The School of Computer Science and Mathematics, The School of Liberal Arts, The School of Management, The School of Science, and The School of Social and Behavioral Sciences.
- The College partnerships with IBM for concept and application testing in the areas of business, communication, and education. The college also has a cloud computing center in collaboration with IBM.
- The college also has six centers of excellence namely Centers of Excellence
- Marist/IBM Joint Study, Center for Civic Engagement and Leadership, Marist Poll, Hudson River Valley Institute, Center for Sports Communication and IDCP: Data Center Education.
- The most popular majors at Marist College include Business, Management, Marketing, Communication, Journalism, Psychology; Computer and Information Sciences, and Biological and Biomedical Sciences.
- The main campus is with an area of 180 acres located near the Hudson River Valley and it's a great place to live and learn. It also owns the Payne Estate of 60 acres on the west bank of the Hudson River.
- The Payne Estate in New York and have programs about educating and training individuals in the art of leadership for careers in business, government, and the nonprofit sector.
- It also owns the 14th floor of 420 Fifth Avenue in Midtown Manhattan and also a branch campus in Florence Italy.
- The university has over 80 student clubs and organizations and has teams participating in various sports such as basketball, volleyball, etc.
- The branch campus in Florence Italy consists of 10 buildings in 4800 square meters in San Lorenzo offering a wide range of bachelor's degrees as well as a Master of Arts in Museum studies.
- The Marist college provides housing for over 3,300 undergraduate students in corridors, apartments, suites, and townhouse-style residences for great residential experiences for students.
- As the students are promoted from freshman to senior year, they are moved into independent residences such as townhouses and apartments. This helps the student to prepare themselves for the outer world and become more independent.
- In the first year, they have access to the Champagnat Hall, Leo Hall, Marian hall, Mid Rise hall, and Sheahan Hall.
- In Sophomore, they have access to Foy Townhouses, Fulton street townhouses, New townhouses, lower West Cedar Street townhouses, Mid Rise hall, and Upper West Cedar Street townhouses.
- In junior and senior year, the students can reside in Fulton street townhouses, John and Nancy O'Shea Hall, Lavelle hall, McCormick Hall, New Fulton townhouses, and Tom and Mary ward hall.
- Rental properties are also available in the local area and offer services to all students and staff.
- The dining services provide a wide variety of dining opportunities from diverse menus with traditional flavors to ethnic dishes and international cuisines as well.
- Some basic facilities available in every residency include shared/private bathrooms, well-equipped kitchen areas, TV lounge, study area, laundry service, and internet access.
- Bed, dresser, wardrobe/closet, study desk, and chairs are some furniture provided to all.
How to apply?
Application Fees: 50 USD (non-refundable)
Basic Application Requirements:
- Official transcripts
- Scores of Entrance Exams to study in the USA. (SAT, ACT, GRE, GMAT)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Personal Statement or Essay
An estimated budget for international students looking to study in the US is different for all courses. Here is the average cost of Living for freshmen students:
|Expenses||Amount (in USD)|
|Tuition and fees||45,430|
|Room and board||16,380|
|Books and supplies||1,125|
|Travel or transportation||1,000|
The total cost for graduate freshmen is about 37,729 USD. The cost of living in graduate courses is different in all academic fields.
- Financial assistance is available in the form of loans and scholarships. External scholarships are also available. For consideration, the student must complete the FAFSA.
- Mentioned below are some scholarships available for international students:
- Barry M Goldwater Scholarship: All the students enrolling in a full-time course at the University are eligible for this award. The amount is 7,500 USD per year. The scholarship is renewable.
- International Scholarships for Graduates: All incoming international Graduate students are eligible for this scholarship. It is a merit-based scholarship and the amount ranges from 2,000 USD to 4,000 USD according to the GPA.
- Presidential Scholarship: All the students getting admission to the University are automatically considered for this scholarship. The award ranges from 12,500 USD to 25,500 USD, depending on the merit.
The office of student financial services is present for further assistance. The students may call (845)575-3230 for more information.
Notable Marist graduates include:
- Job Gabrus- number of UCB and the host of High and Mighty with Jon Gabrus podcast.
- Lan O'Connor- bestselling author by New York Times and national sports columnist.
- Bill O'Reilly- political commentator and former host of The O'Reilly Factor on the Fox News channel.
- Vijay Gupta- violinist and Social justice advocate.
- Rik Smits- NBA All-star and 2nd pick, overall, in the NBA draft.
- Marist has a career center to help the students assess their potential and search for careers accordingly.
- The College provides courses to the students in writing effective resumes, polishing interview skills, and doing skilled networking.
- On-campus and virtual career fairs are organized and College also subscribes to the FoxQuest to bring employers to the students and provide a single platform.
- 95% of the university graduates are earning an average salary of 56,900 USD within 2 years of their graduation that is higher than the national average of 33,028 USD per year.
- The average salary of Marist College graduates as per PayScale is 68,042 USD per annum.
The average salary earned by Marist graduates by the job as reported by Payscale is tabulated below:
|Position||Average Salary (in USD)|
|Human Resources (HR) Director||88,000|
Marist is regarded as one of the best regional universities offering comprehensive courses in Liberal Arts. Being a part of Marist College, students can have a fulfilling study experience and have access to a plethora of courses, including a range of online programs.
Ques. How competitive are Marist College admissions?
Ans. With a 41% acceptance rate, admission to Marist College is quite selective and competitive.
Ques. What are the rankings of Marist College?
Ans. The college is ranked at #11 in Regional Universities North, at #4 in Best Colleges for Veterans, and at #16 in Best Undergraduate Teaching as per US News and Report.
Ques. Are admissions taken on a rolling basis at Marist College?
Ans. Transfer students are admitted on a rolling basis, for regular students the admission deadline is March 01.
Ques. What is the average SAT score of admitted students at Marist College?
Ans. The average score of students already admitted to the college ranges from 1150-1330 for SAT and 24-29 for the ACT.
Ques. Does Marist College offer any scholarships?
Ans. The college has merit scholarships valued at 10,000 to 25,000 USD for excellent academic and co-scholastic record-holding students. Merit scholarships at the college do not require any additional application and the student’s eligibility is taken from the admission application itself.
Ques. How long will it take to know about my admission status?
Ans. Normally the college will inform you within two weeks of receiving the completed application.
Ques. Is it easy to get campus employment?
Ans. No, It is not easy to get campus employment due to the limited number of jobs. You should not budget campus working in your first-semester budget while planning your finances.
Ques. What is the average salary of Marist College graduates?
Ans. The average salary of Marist College graduates as per PayScale is 68,042 USD per annum.
FIND A PROGRAM
Application Portal : https://www.marist.edu/admission/freshman/onlineapp.html
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
I opted this college because it is one of the top college in the area and management field is the speciality of this college.
Course Curriculum :
Business Administration program is to provide high-quality, professional education in a supportive, interactive, and personalized environment. The program is designed to provide our business graduates with the knowledge, skills, and values necessary to become effective, socially responsible leaders in today's competitive and rapidly changing global business environment.
I wanted to pursue my bachelor's from a university abroad which not only provides the best education but also has a safe and diverse atmosphere as I believe in learning from both teachers as well as my peers. While searching for colleges, I came across Marist College and got attracted to the campus. While digging deeper, I loved the academics, student life and it also fits in my requirements of a diverse and safe environment. I applied through a common application and paid an application fee of $50.
Course Curriculum :
The course had a proper combination of chemistry and biochemistry topics that gave us an all over the perspective of the subject and helped us pursue professional as well as a personal interest. The course covered topics like general chemistry, organic chemistry, quantum and statistical mechanics, biochemistry, research methods, etc.
I applied in 5 colleges but I got qualified in Marist College only. After taking admission to Marist College I realized how good it is. The college not only imparts quality education but also imparts values. It is one of the better options if an international wants to study a bachelor's in economics.
Course Curriculum :
A solid foundation in both macro and microeconomic theory is included in the curriculum. The working of environmental, financial, public, and international economies are also a part of the course.
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary