Louisiana Tech University (LA TECH) Ruston Courses, Rankings, Admission Criteria, Fee & Scholarships
Louisiana Tech University is a comprehensive, public university located in Ruston, Louisiana, USA. It is a research university and a part of the University of Louisiana System. With 11,957 students enrolled the university is renowned for its diverse community of learners from over 64 countries pursuing their higher education in the US. Students come from over 47 states and 64 foreign countries. It is a selective institution with an acceptance rate of 64% in fall 2019. The university follows a quarter system with intakes in fall, spring, winter and summer.
It is a 4-year university offering bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees through 5 colleges. Some of the areas where programs are offered are accounting, agricultural business, art, biology, computer science, English, finance, forestry, history, nursing, physics, psychology, sociology, etc. The university ranks in the top 150 institutions for best undergraduate engineering programs. Around 89% of the students receive financial aid from the university to make education affordable for all. LTU is a member of the prestigious Southeastern Universities Research Association.
Louisiana Tech University Ranking
The rankings of Louisiana Tech University on various portals are given below:
U.S. News and World Report 2021
- #298-#389 in National Universities
- #318 in Top Performers on Social Mobility
- #154-#209 in Top Public Schools
- #145 in Best Undergraduate Engineering programs
THE World University Rankings
- 801-1000th in World University Ranking 2021
- >600 in US College Rankings 2021
- 601+ in Impact Rankings 2020
|Required SAT Score||830 - 1130|
|Required ACT Score||15-23|
|Endowment||99.8 Million USD|
|Programs Offered||Full-time, Part-time and online|
|Annual Cost of Attendance||29,277 USD|
|Admission Helpdesk||318 257-3036|
Louisiana Tech University Campus
- The campus is beautiful, with pedestrian-friendly campus centers, shady trees, parks, lakes all around.
- Ruston is a friendly southern town of approximately 22,000 offering exposure to nature, a variety of adventurous activities, and world-class mountain biking trails.
- The university offers high-class facilities, on-campus accommodation, spacious classrooms, computer labs, libraries, sports facilities, eateries, health, and wellness centers. The university runs more than 163 student clubs and organizations.
Louisiana Tech University Residence
- The University provides on-campus accommodation facilities to the students. Choice of Residence halls, Residential suites, and apartments are available.
- There are many affordable housing options for international students around the campus.
- About 85% of the total students prefer to stay on campus. Around 6 residence halls are available. Some of them are:
- Adams Hall
- Cottingham Hall
- Graham Hall
- Mitchell Hall
- Aswell Hall
- Dudley Hall
- Two residential suites are available, namely Aswell suites and Dudley suites.
- The basic conveniences provided at these residences are single and double occupancy rooms, laundry facilities, internet connectivity, bed, desk, chair, dresser, closet, etc.
Louisiana Tech University Programs
- The university offers bachelor's, master's, and doctoral degrees in a wide range of disciplines.
- Through its five colleges, Louisiana Tech University offers a variety of programs. These colleges are:
- College of Applied and Natural Sciences
- College of Business
- College of Education
- College of Engineering and Science
- College of Liberal Arts
- Popular Bachelor's degrees are BS in Accounting, BS in Computer Science, BFA in Arts- Graphic Design, BA in English, BS in Marketing, BA in Psychology, BS in Agricultural Business and BS in Business Administration.
- Most opted for master's degrees are Masters in Architecture, MS in Biology, MBA, MA in English, MS in Mathematics, Masters in Health Informatics, MFA in Arts, and MS in Computer Science, Masters in Accountancy.
Louisiana Tech University Application Process
With 11,957 students enrolled, 4% students at LTU are international students. Admissions at Louisiana Tech University are selective with an acceptance rate of 65%. Therefore, applicants must meet the admission requirements adequately.
- Application Portal: Applicants can apply through the online portal available at the university's official website.
- Application Fees: 30 USD
- Required Documents: Following documents are required for the application process
- A completed application
- Official transcripts or high school records, diplomas, and certificates from previous institutions
- A minimum GPA of 2- 2.5.
- English language proficiency
- Proof of financial availability for Tuition Fees and living expenses while staying in the USA.
- Additional Deadlines:
- The application deadlines for the 4 quarters of intake at Louisiana Tech University are given below:
Quarter Undergraduate Application Deadline Graduate Application Deadline Fall July 1 June 1 Winter October 1 September 1 Spring January 1 December 1 Summer April 1 March 1
- Additional Requirements:
- Standardized Test Scores i.e.
- SAT scores ranging between 830 - 1130
- ACT scores ranging between 15 - 23
- GRE/GMAT (For graduate applicants)
- A valid passport and Visa
- English Language Proficiency: Applicants with a native language other than English need to prove their proficiency by providing scores of TOEFL, IELTS.
Louisiana Tech University Cost of Attendance
- International students should keep in mind an estimate of expenses while studying in the US.
- These depend on several factors like the program applied for, tuition fees, books and supplies, housing, dining, transportation, etc.
- Estimated Cost of Attendance at Louisiana Tech University for academic session 2020-21:
|Expenses||Total Cost per Year|
|Tuition||17,997 USD (Undergraduate Courses)
714 USD per credit (Graduate Courses)
|Room/Board (Meals included)||8,500 USD|
|Books and Insurance||2,200 USD|
|Total||28,697 USD (approx.)|
Louisiana Tech University Financial Aid
- The university provides financial support in the form of scholarships, loans, grants, and student employment.
- Some of the scholarships available at Louisiana Tech University are:
|Name of the scholarship||Eligibility||Benefits|
|Century link scholarship||3.0 cumulative GPA||USD 1500 per academic year|
|Colvin memorial scholarship||3.2 cumulative GPA and ACT: 24 or SAT: 1090 (CR+M)||One award for USD 800 for the fall quarter|
|Marbury alumni scholarship||3.0 cumulative GPA||15 awards for USD 1,000 for one academic year|
- Approximately 89% of the students are provided some form of financial assistance.
- There are various other sources to fund studies in the US for international students as well.
Louisiana Tech University Alumni
- Louisiana Tech University has a worldwide network of alumni that consists of former students and graduates of the university.
- The university organizes several alumni meetings, seminars, workshops, and other events that are very fruitful for the students as well as for the alumni.
- Some notable alumni of are:
- Paul Millsap (Basketball player)
- Trace Adkins (Singer)
- Kix Brooks (Actor and Producer)
- Terry Bradshaw (Football player)
Louisiana Tech University Placements
- Louisiana Tech University conducts several career fairs of the development of its students.
- The table given below shows the placements statistics of Louisiana Tech University.
- The placement stats for undergraduate students by major is given below:
|Major||Total||6-month placement||Average salary (in USD)|
Ques. Is Louisiana Tech a good school?
Ans. Louisiana offers a quality education at low cost, making it 119th on the best colleges for money list, compared to other universities and colleges in the nation.
Ques. What is the GPA requirement to get in Louisiana Tech?
Ans. The average GPA requirement at Louisiana Tech is 3.7
Ques.Where should be the application materials sent?
Ans. Send the application materials to
Louisiana Tech University
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 3178
Ruston, LA 71272
Ques. How will the student know that he is admitted?
Ans. Louisiana Tech will email and regular mail about the admission decision.
Ques.Financial aid office is closed, what must be done?
Ans. Financial aid offers its service remotely. Mail your query at email@example.com
Ques.Is LTU a good engineering school?
Ans. LTU is ranked 152-200 in Best engineering schools
Ques.Are freshmen required to live on campus?
Ans. Single, full-time, undergraduate students are required to on the campus as long as space is available
Ques.What are the application dates for housing?
Ans. The applications for incoming freshers for the 2020-2021 academic year begin from November 2nd.
Ques.What is the average SAT and Act scores requirement?
Ans. SAT 1160
Ques.What is the undergraduate application fee?
Ans. The application fee is $20.
FIND A PROGRAM
Application Portal : https://www.latech.edu/admissions/apply.shtml
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
Times Higher Education
RANKED #801 - #1000
RANKED #501 - #600
RANKED #501 - #600
Center for World University Rankings
The main attraction of the college was the course curriculum. I wanted a course that makes me ready to work. The course which I took up was a blend of scientific concepts of agriculture along with the business aspect. The application fee is $30, I paid the fee online.
Course Curriculum :
The course consists of computer information systems, finance, marketing, accounting, management. The curriculum has been designed keeping in mind the current needs of the industry. The course prepares a student for a diverse workforce in areas of banking/lending, sales (chemicals, agricultural equipment and technology, landscape contracting, accounting, agricultural crop consulting, government programs and agencies, agricultural production, seed and plant technology, and agricultural education, real estate, insurance).
I completed BBA from a recognized university in India and a friend of mine suggested me to join Louisiana Tech University. As I was planning to complete my MBA from an overseas university. I checked the admission process and fees of the program and it suited my budget pretty well. Before applying for admission I worked in an MNC for almost 2 years and this experience helped me in getting into the university. The application was submitted online, the cost of application was $30.
Course Curriculum :
The MBA program is designed to give us the complete perspective of the business world. We get the chance to attend workshops, we do an internship and get to experience the real-time business challenges. We learn the skills of entrepreneurship and setting up a small business. It is because of this curriculum many students start their own business after graduating from the university
I completed BBA from a recognized university in India and a friend of mine suggested me to join Louisiana Tech University for my post-grad. As I was planning to complete my MBA from an overseas university. I checked the admission process and fees of the program and it suited my budget pretty well. Before applying for admission I worked in an MNC for almost 2 years and this experience helped me in getting into the university.
Course Curriculum :
The MBA program is designed to give us the complete perspective of business world. We get the chance to attend workshops, we do internship and get to experience the real-time business challenges. We learn the skills of entrepreneurship and setting up a small business. It is because of this curriculum many students start their own business after graduating from university.
Outstanding architecture program. I am also close to family here and that was a big deciding factor. Louisiana Tech also offered me many scholarships, one of which is to waive mine out of state tuition.
Course Curriculum :
The architecture curriculum is good, but it does require a lot of electives that I do not feel contribute to your learning and experiences as a future architect. I also wish there were other architecture courses offered outside of the ones that are required.
It is a small town college, directly beside where I grew up so I was familiar with the area. I would be able to live with my parents, TOPS would pay for almost all of my college, and I knew the school had a good science program.
Course Curriculum :
I believe that it was fair and a good course curriculum, but now that I'm in dental school, I do not feel as nearly prepared as others in my class are. Louisiana Tech challenged me for sure but I do not feel like I got the highest education.
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary