University of California San Diego is a public research university located in San Diego, California, United States. Established in 1903, the university is known as public ivy and is highly active in research.
Programs, Campus & Residence
- 130+ undergraduate and graduate doctoral programs are offered through 11 schools and colleges.
- Popular majors are - Biology; Economics; Computer Engineering; Psychology; and Electrical, Electronics and Communications Engineering.
- The university has a campus of 2,141 acres with on-campus housing to accommodate 40% of the student population.
University of California San Diego Admission Process
|Requirements||Transcripts, LOR, SOP|
|English Proficiency Test||TOEFL/IELTS|
|Application Fee||UG programs - USD 70; graduate programs – USD 125|
|Intake Season||November 30|
|Additional Requirements||Resume; personal statement; proof of financial support|
Applications for both UG and graduate programs are submitted on the official website.
Cost of Attendance & Financial Aids
|Expense||Cost in USD|
|Housing and Meals||13,788|
|Books and Supplies||1,101|
- Over 55% of students are provided with financial aid yearly.
- Average need-based scholarship offered is of USD 19,929.
The university has an alumni network of 185,000 worldwide and provides its alumni benefits like career services, insurance programs, library services, store discounts and more.