University of San Diego is a private educational institution which was founded in 1949 and ranks #85 in the 2019 edition of Best Colleges under National Universities list.
Programs, Campus and Residence
- University of San Diego offers around 42 bachelor’s programs with several majors and 54 minors, 35 masters programs, 3 doctoral, JD, LLB programs along with many other certificate courses. The popular majors offered at the university are the following:
- Marketing, and affiliated Services
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Social Sciences
- During their degree program at the university, the candidate can choose between on-campus and off-campus housing facility.
- Around 46% students opt for college-owned, -operated and -affiliated residential facility whereas 54% opt for off-campus option.
University of San Diego Admission Process
|Test Score||Undergraduate – ACT/SAT score (optional – only for merit consideration)|
|Language Proficiency Test||TOEFL/IELTS score|
|Application Fee||Undergraduate – 55 USD Graduate – 45 USD Business Programs – 80 USD|
|Additional Requirement||Undergraduate – Personal Essay, Statement explaining gap year Graduate - Resume/CV, Personal Statement, SOP, Essay|
|Intakes||Fall and Spring|
How to Apply
All the undergraduate international applicants are required to apply through the Common Application whereas for graduate programs, the candidates have to apply through the university Application.
Cost of Attendance
|Health Insurance||2, 651 USD|
|Housing||9, 320 USD|
|Meal Plan||3, 660 USD|
|Total||64, 929 USD|
University of San Diego offers financial aid to its international students in the form of various scholarships and grants.
- 51% of total undergraduate student population is offered need-based financial aid.
- The average need-based scholarship or grant offered is 28, 476 USD.
The university has in its alumni list some highlighted and renowned public figures such as, Lowell McAdam, chairman and CEO of Verizon Communications; Theo Epstein, president of baseball operations for the Chicago Cubs; a former contestant, Andrew Firestone, of "The Bachelor” on ABC channel.