Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute is a private research university and is located in Troy, New York. The institute was established in 1824 and is a highly recognized institute for its Engineering and Computing programs.
The institute offers 145 programs through six schools. The most popular majors of the institute are listed below:-
- Computer and information sciences
- Business management
Why Choose Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute?
- The Institute has an endowment of 718 million USD in the year 2018.
- Many American departments were modelled after Rensselaer.
- Various programs of the institute such as Master of Science in Technology Commercialization and Entrepreneurship, MBA and engineering MBA are classified as highly innovative by Peterson’s Guide
- Alumni consists of 6 members of the National Inventors Hall of Fame, 6 National Medal of Technology Winners, 5 National Medal of Science Winners, 8 Fulbright Scholarship recipients, and Nobel Prize winner in Physics
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Programs, Faculty and Divisions
The institute offers 145 programs through six schools which are further divided into 37 departments. The schools are listed below:-
- School of Architecture
- School of Business
- School of Engineering
- School of Humanities, Arts, & Social Sciences
- School of IT &Web Science
- School of Science
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Campus and Residence
- Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute has a 275-acre campus overlooking the city.
- The institute provides on-campus accommodation facility to its students and approximately 2,800 students live on-campus
- Accommodation is guaranteed for undergraduate students.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Admission Process
Pre-Requisites for Admission into Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Test scores: SAT/ACT for UG students; GRE/GMAT for graduate students
- English language proficiency test score: TOEFL; IELTS; or PTE
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation
- Resume or CV(graduate students)
- Additional documents as specified by department one is applying for
- Writing samples
- Candidates can apply through online application portal on the official website.
- Both undergraduate and graduate students can apply through same website
- The application deadline is 15th January
- The application fee is 70 USD
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Cost of Attendance
The estimated average cost of attendance at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute:-
|Expenses||Cost in USD|
|Cost of attendance||71,998|
|Room and board||15,260|
|Books and supplies||2,858|
Scholarships and Financial Aid offered by Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- 58% of the students receive some kind of need-based financial aid
- The average need-based scholarship or grant awarded is 34,894 USD
- Scholarship opportunity worth 100,000 USD for outstanding math and science students
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Alumni
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute has a wide alumni network of 100,000 alumni. The alumni enjoy lifetime benefits offered by the institute like:
- Alumni career services
- Alumni email newsletter
- Membership of the Cornell club – New York
- Liberty mutual insurance
List of the Notable Alumni of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute are:-
- Marshall Brain: Founder of HowStuffWorks.com
- Nicholas M. Donofrio: Director of research at IBM, trustee
- John Rigas: Co-founder of Adelphia Communications
- Edward Zander: Former CEO of Motorola
- Charles Amos Cummings: Architect and historian