University of South is a public research co-educational university located in Vermillion, South Dakota, United States. Established in 1862, it is the oldest public university in the state which has produced 17 Truman Scholars, 10 Rhodes Scholars and 1 Nobel Laureate,
Programs, Campus and Residence
- The university offers 205 undergraduate and 75 graduate programs through 7 colleges.
- The most popular majors are – Nursing, Business, Health Sciences, Elementary Education, Kinesiology, Biology/Medical Biology, Criminal Justice, Psychology, Accounting and Media & Journalism.
- It has a campus of 274 acres with 6 residence halls that accommodate 44% of the student population on campus.
University of South Dakota Admission Process
|Requirements||Transcripts, LOR, SOP|
|English Proficiency Test||TOEFL/IELTS/CAE/ELS|
|Application Fee||UG - USD 20|
|Intake Season||Fall – July 1; Spring – November 15|
|Additional Requirements||Resume; copy of passport; proof of financial support|
Applications for both UG and graduate programs must be filled on the official website
Cost and Financial Aid
|Expense||Estimated Cost in USD|
|Tuition & Fees||12,624.50|
|Other (books, insurance, etc.)||2,000.00|
- The university provides financial aid in the form of scholarships, grants and work study program
- First year students are automatically considered for scholarships.
More than 70,000 alumni of the university avail benefits like access to university events, career services, wine club membership, and more.