McCombs School of Business: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
McCombs School of Business, USA is the Business School at The University of Texas which is situated in Austin. The college was established in 1922. Texas McCombs is a recognized Business school at one of the world-famous public research universities. The business school is at number 14th among the entrepreneur-producing MBA programs in the USA.
McCombs School of Business offers admissions across undergraduate programs, graduate programs, and doctoral programs. The total enrollment of the university for Fall 2019 is 12,930 and the percentage of international students at the university is 24%.
|Type of University||Public|
|Year of Establishment||1922|
|Percentage of International Students||24%|
McCombs School of Business Rankings
- Ranked 18th in MBA according to the US News & World Report ranking agency in the year 2020.
- Ranked 5th in BBA according to the US News & World Report ranking agency in the year 2019.
- Ranked 1st in both undergraduate and graduate accounting according to the US News & World Report ranking agency in the year 2019.
- Ranked 8th in Entrepreneurship according to the US News ranking agency in the year 2020.
- Ranked 4th in Finance according to the US News ranking agency in the year 2019.
McCombs School of Business Campus
The students will get to experience a diverse and vibrant community at McCombs. Apart from serious academics, there are a lot of exciting activities that the students can be a part of all around the campus.
- The campus has 45+ student-run organizations and clubs, which the students can be a part of.
- The office of student life makes sure that they organize numerous events that will help the students get to know each other better and also to get involved within the community.
- They have the McCOMBS LEADERSHIP PROGRAM and the LEADER SHAPE program which will help the students to develop leadership skills, fine-tune the leadership skills among the students, and prepare the students for the professional world.
- Within the campus, students will find residential facilities as well as dining options.
Residence Facilities at McCombs School of Business
Since the McCombs School of Business is a part of the University of Texas, so the housing facility is provided by the university for all the students within the campus.
- 40 acres of land is allotted for the housing facilities of the students within the campus.
- Many students of the college live on campus and take all the advantages of the facilities provided by them.
- They have various types of housing options, on campus. Students can also choose their rooms from different options that are available. The housing options vary from residence halls to apartments style living.
- The university has 14 residence halls on campus and students can choose from them.
- In the apartment-style housings, rooms from 1 to 3 bedrooms are available along with all sorts of amenities, 24-hour University Police patrol.
- All the amenities and dining service is available on campus along with housing.
- The rules of move in and move out are mentioned on the official website.
Programs offered at McCombs School of Business
McCombs School of Business can pursue three types of programs- Undergraduate, Graduate programs and Doctoral programs.
- A total of six departments are there from which these degree courses are taught.
- The undergraduate program includes – BBA program, Canfield Business Honors Program, integrated Master in Professional Accounting and business option.
- The Canfield BHP is a selective and prestigious program which the students can opt for if they want to think out of the box and pursue their career. The class size of this program is kept small in order to have more concentrated discussions and study.
- The graduate programs include Masters in - Business Analytics, Accounting, IT and management, Finance, Marketing, Business Administration, etc.
- The Ph.D. program offers five fields of study from which the students can choose their field of interest. Some of the popular fields include- Accounting, Marketing, and Finance.
International students who want to seek admissions at the university can follow the below-mentioned application details:
Application Portal: Online portal on the website Apply Texas.
Application Fee: $90.
Application Deadline: Varies from course to course.
Basic Admission Requirements:
Cost of Attendance
The estimated cost of attendance for international students to study in the university is mentioned-below:
|EXPENSES||Resident Who Lives On Campus Or Off Campus (UG)||Resident Who Lives On Campus Or Off Campus (PG)|
|Tuition||$10,314 – $11,852||$8,684 – $10,848|
|Room and Board||$11,812||$13,500|
|Books and Supplies||$700||$750|
|Personal / Miscellaneous||$2,902||$3,950|
|Total Cost of Attendance||$27,218 – $28,756||$28,374 – $30,538|
Scholarships & Financial Aid for International Students:
The university offers a generous amount of financial aid to the students in the form of need-based scholarships for international students to afford study in the US.
- The university also provides financial aid in the form of federal grants, work and study, and student loans.
- McCombs School of Business MBA Scholarship is given to all full-time MBA students at the time of admission in the form of cash rewards and out of state tuition waivers, which ranges from $2,000 to full-tuition.
- Apart from these, there is Sylff scholarship, scholarships from the Forte Foundation, Reaching out MBA, and Teach for America organizations, for the MBA students.
- For other MS courses, financial aids are limited for international students.
- Scholarships from the university’s alumni organizations are also available for incoming freshmen.
McCombs provides career support to all its alumni at every stage of their life. The school provides resources and connections which can help the alumni in their career.
- The college makes full effort o that the alumni remain connected to their Alma mater
- As an alumnus, you can be a part of McCombs Alumni Network. This will increase the value of your degree and you can get the opportunity to participate in thousands of leadership roles across the globe.
- These alumni can get involved with the current students as their mentor and can provide counseling and career advice to the current students.
- Being alumni will broaden the network of connections to various types of people, which is beneficial for career development.
- The McCombs School provides opportunities to the alumni to get hired by potential employers, along with the current students.
The McCombs Business School makes an effort to be in contact with potential recruiters. They provide on-campus recruitment for the students. They have a number of professional programs where all the job details and other details regarding the job are mentioned for the students.
The mean base salary for MBA FT students was $124,965 in the year 2019. The mean base salary for BBA FT students was $67,678 in the year 2019. They also provide numerous internship opportunities to the students which in turn can get converted into potential job offers.
FIND A PROGRAM
|McCombs School of Business||Kelley School of Business||UNC Kenan-Flagler Business School||Marshall Business School|
|ranking (overall)||# 40 Financial Times 2021 |
# 40 Financial Times 2020
# 21 Bloomberg 2019
|# 38 Financial Times 2021 |
# 40 Financial Times 2020
# 25 Bloomberg 2019
|# 26 Financial Times 2021 |
# 39 Financial Times 2020
# 18 Bloomberg 2019
|# 24 Financial Times 2021 |
# 36 Financial Times 2020
# 22 Bloomberg 2019
|programs||UG Programs -8|
PG Programs -7
Doctorate Programs -4
|PG Programs -6|
Doctorate Programs -8
|PG Programs -13|
Doctorate Programs -6
|UG Programs -3|
PG Programs -8
Doctorate Programs -5
|cost to study||Average Tuition Fees 38730 USD|
[For UG Program]
Average Tuition Fees 48000 USD
[For PG Program]
Hostel + Meal - 13500 USD Per Year
|Average Tuition Fees 51454 USD|
[For PG Program]
Hostel + Meal - 10668 USD Per Year
|Average Tuition Fees 66324 USD|
[For PG Program]
Hostel + Meal - 18618 USD Per Year
|collegedunia reviews||9.1/10 Read 3 reviews||8.1/10 Read 9 reviews||8.3/10 Read 7 reviews||8.5/10 Read 7 reviews|
|-||Read Full Comparison||Read Full Comparison||Read Full Comparison|
Application Portal :https://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/MBA/Full-Time/Application-Process
Round 1 Deadlines
Round 2 Deadlines
Round 3 Deadlines
I come to know about this College from one of my cousin sister who has completed her graduation in BBA last year. After checking out for many top listed Colleges in Texas I found this College competently convenient as per my conditions. Online application by the name of apply texas is needed to be filled with the application fee of $90 and other requirements like one essay, short answers, High school transcript, College transcript are needed to be submitted at the time of the admission process.
Course Curriculum :
The course of BBA is organized to strengthen the college adventure and to improve your abilities, everything related to developing our business and communication skills taught to us with a lot of practical understanding. My course is fascinating and very manageable to grasp, I'm in the second year and till now my course is very absorbing.
I always wanted to do a master's in business administration. While searching for colleges under my budget, I came to know about the McCombs School of Business. They provide top-notch education at a reasonable price. So I filled the admission form. I cost of the form was about $200.
Course Curriculum :
My course includes various interesting activities such as - online sessions with experts, guest lectures, motivational speeches, web seminars, interaction with experts from different fields, etc. All these activities helped me to perform my best even in harsh and difficult environments.
McCombs is famous for its rankings, and that's how I came to know about it. I managed to complete my graduation was a GPA of 3.4 out of 4. The application fee was around $200 and had a 3 round application process (online) which is given in detail on its website.
Course Curriculum :
The course gives us an insight into all the parts of an MBA. Rather than focussing on textbooks, our highly experienced faculty focuses on practical knowledge and males us completely ready for the future world. In McCombs, we build networks and have outside classroom experience. The faculties help us to elevate our potentials and turn all our negatives into positives.
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary