Kelley School of Business 2021-2022 Admissions: Acceptance Rate, Requirements, Deadlines, Application Process
Established in 1920 as the ‘School of Finance and Commerce’, Kelley School of Business offers admissions to an array of undergraduate and graduate programs and finds its roots from Indiana University. The School is a renowned name in the US Education System that has witnessed an immense success rate since its founding years of 100 long years.
The student strength at the institute has increased from 70 in 1920 to more than 12,000 in 2019. The school hosts two campuses across Indiana: Bloomington and Indianapolis and accepts admissions to both for undergraduate as well as graduate courses in fall and spring semesters. The international community at the institute accounts for 17% of the total enrollments of more than 10,000 on a yearly basis.
An acceptance rate of 37% is observed at Kelley School of Business when offering letters of place which makes it a highly selective organization of the country. Admission applications at the institute are reviewed based on individual merits and qualities with emphasis on academic performance.
Some salient points to be noted when applying to the institute are as listed below.
- Admissions can be made through CommonApp/CoalitionApp/IU Application Portal
- Graduate Applicants are required to submit the application through KSB Graduate Application Portal.
- KSB Graduate accounting program accepts only TOEFL scores.
- Indian PG applicants are required to have 4 years of bachelor’s or three years of bachelor’s with one year of master’s.
- The organization offers a variety of scholarships and awards as financial aid for its students.
- Applicants can apply for MBA before their GRE/GMAT tests. However, the test scores must be submitted prior to confirmation of admission.
|Application Portal||Indiana University Online Portal; Common Application; Coalition Application|
|Affiliation||The Washington Campus|
|Campus Area||Urban Area|
|Average ACT Score||31|
|Average SAT Score||1441|
|Academic Calendar||Semester based|
|Intake Sessions||Fall and Spring Semesters|
|Financial Aid||Scholarships, grants and loans|
Kelly School of Business Admission Deadlines
- The Kelly School conducts admissions for its range of undergraduate and graduate courses for international students twice a year.
- The admission portals are active for the fall and spring semesters.
- The early action deadlines for each semester is:
|Term||Early Action Deadline|
|Spring (January start)||September 15|
Kelly School of Business International Student Admissions
The Kelly School of Business has its international centers in more than 30 countries across the globe to ensure a better admission environment for the School’s international community. Students willing to take up programs at the School are advised to follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
How to apply?
Application Portal: Applicants can apply for international admissions via IU Application Portal, a common application for US universities or Coalition application
Application Fee: Applicants must transfer an amount of 65 USD (non-refundable) for online international application process.
Basic Admission Requirements: Applicants are required to submit the following set of documents within 15 days of receiving the confirmation mail:
- Transcripts of High school or equivalent senior secondary school
- Scorecard of English Proficiency Test (Test codes for SAT: 1324 ACT: 1210 TOEFL: 1324)
- Submit your IU-specific essay. For applicants applying via Common Applications, this essay is known as a writing supplement.
- A document approving the applicant’s financial status.
- At least one letter of recommendation is mandatory
- An updated resume highlighting the educational qualifications and professional experience
- Letter of intent / Statement of purpose
- Financial affidavits
English Proficiency Test Scores
|SAT (Evidence based)||560|
|ACT (English Section)||21|
Visa Process for International Students
The international applicants are requested to apply for the visa to study in the USA once their admission to Kelley School of Business is confirmed. Following steps can be followed to ensure a safe approval of student visa:
- Collect the I-20 form from the Office of Kelley School of Business.
- Pay the SEVIS fees and collect its receipt.
- Apply for an interview in the nearest embassy for visa
The documents that will be required for the visa processing are:
- Electronic application form
- Receipt of the application fees paid
- A passport.
- One photograph
- 1-20 form from the university
- Transcripts of the institutes attended
- Evidence of English proficiency, like test scores of TOEFL or IELTS.
- Bank statements showing enough funds to pay for tuition fees and living costs in the U.S.
Kelley School Of Business Undergraduate Admissions
The Kelly School of Business offers 18 majors, 4 minors and a certificate program for students opting undergraduate studies. The acclaimed majors of the institute include Accounting, Finance, International Business, Digital and Social Media Business, Professional Sales, among others.
Enrollment deposit: 100 USD
Application Requirements: Applicants should submit the following documents electronically at the time of admission through ATLAS (An online portal for International Students) :
- High school diploma/ transcript
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 or equivalent
- A brief essay (200–400 words) focussing academic and career plans and any special interest
- SAT/ACT scores:
- Additional Documents: Counselor/teacher recommendations, work experience, leadership experience, community service.
Kelley School Of Business Graduate Admissions
More than 94% graduates from the institute land with an offer letter within 90 days of graduation. The institute offers Masters, Executive, PhD programs to all its applicants at the Indiana University campuses in Bloomington and Indianapolis. Although the specific requirements vary for each program, the general admission requirements remain the same.
Where to Apply: IU Graduate Application Portal
Application fee: 75 USD
The requirement for top 5 programs offered at the Kelley School of Business are listed below:
|Requirements||Master Of Business Administration In Accounting||Master Of Business Administration In Finance||Master Of Business Administration In Business Analytics||Master Of Business Administration In Marketing||Master Of Business Administration In Supply Chain And Operations|
|Application Fee||65 USD||65 USD||65 USD||65 USD||65 USD|
|Work Experience (Preferred)||2 Years||2 Years||2 Years||2 Years||2 Years|
|Letter Of Recommendations||Recent Supervisor||Recent Supervisor||Recent Supervisor||Recent Supervisor||Recent Supervisor|
Additional Requirements for other masters programs are as tabulated below.
|Course||Application deadline||Application Requirements||Minimum English Language Proficiency|
|MS in Accounting||Fall: December 1||4-year bachelor/equivalent, GPA: 3.2, GRE/GMAT, Resume, Personal statement,
Interview on a rolling basis, LOR
IELTS is not accepted.
|MS in Finance||December 1||4-year bachelor, Academic record, Personal statement, LOR, GRE/GMAT, Resume, Interview||TOEFL iBT: 105|
Students applying for international admissions at the institute when seeking to study in the USA must pay close attention to the deadlines released on the website. No applications are accepted after the priority submission date. Students can apply for admission via the online admission portal of Indiana University, Common Application or Coalition Application.
The English Proficiency Test scores of not more than 2 years old are acceptable. Students must keep an eye on the University website for COVID- 19 updates. University releases important letters every week to ensure proper execution of guidelines.
The school reviews the application as a whole where academic scores, standardized test scores, co curricular indulgence, and other documents are reviewed crucially. The admission decisions for undergraduates applying for early action are released by January 15 and for those applying for regular decisions are released by March 15. Applicants applying after February 1 are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Ques. Is it necessary to attend the winter session organized at the Kelley School of Business?
Ans. The winter session at Kelley School of Business is equivalent to the summer session where students can grab more opportunities to earn credit points.
Ques. What is the status of residence halls at the IU campuses of Kelley School of Business?
Ans. The residence halls at Kelley School of Business will remain active during the course of the semester. Further details can be received from the Office of Accommodation.
Ques. Will there be testing for Covid-19 on campus of Kelley School of Business for students?
Ans. Students coming to Kelley School of Business from foreign countries need to self-quarantine themselves for 14 days before joining the campus activities. The students planning to reside in apartments and Greek halls need testing before starting their tenure.