Owen Graduate School of Management: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Owen Graduate School of Management is a private university which was established in 1969. The university is situated in an urban setting at Nashville, Tennessee. The university is spread across 330 acres.
Owen Graduate School of Management offers admissions in programs in the field of business and management. The total enrollment of the university is 577 and nearly 49 academic staff work on campus.
|Type of University||Private|
|Year of Establishment||1969|
Owen Graduate School of Management Rankings
- The institution is awarded #23 ranking for the Best Business Schools as per the data provided by US News and World Report for the year 2020.
- According to the Poets and Quants, the institution is positioned #28 for the year 2019.
- In the year 2019, the institution is also awarded the #30 positions on the report provided by Bloomberg BusinessWeek.
Owen Graduate School of Management Campus
- The main campus of this institution is located in the city of Nashville, Tennessee Vanderbilt.
- The institution is divided into two important parts like Owen Graduate School of Management which is on the main campus and the other one is the Peabody campus.
Residence Facilities at Owen Graduate School of Management
- There are accommodation facilities for undergraduate students inside the college premises.
- Students can also opt to stay in housing facilities provided nearby to the main campus to utilize the best facilities suitable for them.
Programs offered at Owen Graduate School of Management
Owen Graduate School of Management offers several programs in the field of business and management. Students can pursue programs like Executive MBA. This is a 21-months duration program that helps the students to work on their leadership skills and also enhance it that will immensely help them outside in the professional industry.
- Also, the university provides a regular 2-year duration MBA program to master their skills and also have opportunities to build contacts with certain major recruitment companies that are in partnership with the institution.
- Other programs that are offered by this institution are- MS Finance, MACC Assurance, MACC Valuation, Master of Marketing, and Master of Management in Health-care.
The candidates applying to take admission to this institution must possess a four-year bachelor’s degree.
- Students can apply to the different management programs from the official website of the university.
- The candidates are suggested to attach the required transcripts of the documents required by the institution. Later, during the acceptance process, the candidates also need to carry the original copies of the document.
- Candidates scoring a minimum score of 690 in GMAT are given further preference.
- The international candidate must prove their English proficiency by attempting certain tests like the TOEFL, IELTS.
- Candidates also require to have a work experience of at least a minimum of two years.
Cost of Attendance
The estimated cost of attendance for international students at the university is mentioned below:
|Books and other supplies||500|
Scholarships & Financial Aid for International Students
Owen Graduate School of Management offers the students taking admissions to this institution with the Diversity of Citizenship Scholarship for the international students and all the other students. The scholarships are offered to afford study in the USA.
- The scholarship offer is provided to the candidates based on their academic records.
- There is also a scholarship program in the institution for all the new admissions MBA students who are known as the Dean’s Scholarship Award –Program. In this scholarship, the entitled candidate will be offered with USD 15,000 stipend every year.
Adena Friedman is an alumnus of this institution. She is at present an American businessperson. Also, serving as a President and CEO of a company named Nasdaq. William Douglas is also an alumnus of this institution. At present, he is working as the Chairman and also the CEO of the American Airlines Group, Inc. which is the parent company that belongs to American Airlines.
The university has a Career Management Center that guides the student with their career also helping the student to build relationships with the various recruiters of the corporate companies.
- Also, there is an Alumni Career Management team if any student is looking for new opportunities for their career goals they can even get advice and help from this team of experts.
- The institute also conducts summer internships and various job fairs that help the students to provide opportunities to get hired based on their performance.
I opted for this university due to its high quality education and good placement rates. After completing my graduation I applied here but didn't get approval because of lacking in working experience point. Thereafter I decided to work in the same company in which I had been selected in campus placement. After three years, I applied again through the online portal for $50 and this time I esily got approval for my MBA here.
Course Curriculum :
My course curriculum gave me a leg up by exposing me to core and elective courses before interviewing for summer internships. The another amazing thing about my curriculum that I could choose my customize curriculum structure by adding concentrations, specializations, and emphases, or by taking advantage of our many immersion learning opportunities and independent study courses.
After taking my high school examination, I started preparing for language proficiency exams in order to get admission to foreign universities. I applied to many universities and got approval from this university. My online application cost was $50. The selection process had multiple round to check my capabilities.
Course Curriculum :
My course had provided me ever-increasing opportunities to solve problems through computing. After completing a certain portion of my course I was able to program my own mobile application. I received here a solid foundation in computer science and engineering principles and theoretical analysis, and also learned how to apply them in my actual computing experience
My father's friend suggested me to opt for this university because he did his graduation from this university a long time back. He had still some links with the alumni of the college. Under his tutelage, It was quite easy for me to enroll myself at this university.
Course Curriculum :
My course had provided me ever-increasing opportunities to solve problems through computing. After completing a certain portion of my course I was able to program my own mobile application. I received here a solid foundation in computer science and engineering principles and theoretical analysis, and also learned how to apply them in my actual computing experience.
I applied to several universities and got approval from this university for my admission. I had been working as a freelancer before joining this program. My graduation's academic records were average, and my extracurricular background was much better than my academics. So, I can say that I got my admission on behalf of my skills and working experience.
Course Curriculum :
My course curriculum gave me a leg up by exposing me to the core and elective courses before interviewing for summer internships. Another amazing thing about my curriculum that I could choose my customize curriculum structure by adding concentrations, specializations, and emphases, or by taking advantage of our many immersion learning opportunities and independent study courses.
I wanted to do my MBA from Owen Graduate School of Management because of the Placements and after my MBA I wanted a secure future. I applied for the Round one itself which was in October and started preparing for my GMAT and submitted my GMAT scores as soon as they were out.
Course Curriculum :
The course curriculum is amazing and there is a good learning environment and so much to learn from. Few guest lectures we had during the semester were actually quality one.
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary