Olin Business School: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Founded in 1917 and named in 1988 after an entrepreneur John M Olin, the Olin Business School is one of the 7 academic schools at Washington University, St Louis, USA enrolling 2288 students the school has 141 faculty members.
Olin Business School offers admissions in 11-degree courses including undergraduate business; full-time MBA programs, Executive MBA, part-time professional MBA, and Executive leadership training programs. The school also offers an Executive MBA in collaboration with Fudan University of China in Shanghai.
|Type of University||Private|
|Year of Establishment||1917|
Olin Business School Rankings
- Ranked #30 in Best Business Schools according to US News and World report in 2020.
- Ranked #4 in Best Colleges for Business in America by Niche in 2020.
- Ranked #12 in Part-time MBA according to US News and World report in 2020.
Olin Business School Campus
Housed in the Washington University the school is spread over a few buildings like Simon Hall, Knight and Bauer Hall and Conference Centre amongst other buildings.
- The school has facilities of Classrooms, Olin Library, Conference facilities, and discussion rooms.
- The University’s campus has residence halls and dining facilities.
Residence Facilities at Olin Business School
South 40 Residential Colleges equipped with basic facilities are air-conditioned accommodations for the first year students located at the Southwest end of the University Campus.
- The full-time MBAs prefer to live in private accommodation within a 10 km radius of the school. The school helps in finding accommodations in nearby areas like Clayton, The Loop, and DeMun.
- The campus has a good variety of dining services including the presence of Starbucks and Einstein Bagels on Campus.
- The accommodations and meals cost around USD 17 to 20,000 per year.
Programs offered at Olin Business School
Olin Business School offers programs across undergraduate, graduate and certificate degrees in the fields of accounting, analytics, entrepreneurship, finance, marketing, supply chain management, etc.
- The Bachelor of Science in Business Management (BSBA), Full-time MBA, Executive MBA, and professional MBA are the main programs offered by the school.
- The school also offers PhD in Business and Doctor of Business Administration, Executive MBA in Shanghai, China and Mumbai, India.
- The admission applications can be made online at the official website of the university.
- Application Fees USD 75 Non-refundable
- Official transcripts of High school/College degree. These transcripts must be attested by the issuing university or Board.
- Scores of Standardized exams to study in the USA (SAT or ACT) required for undergraduates. GRE/GMAT scores are required for Graduates depending on the course.
- English Language proficiency test(s) (Academic Module) scores required:
- IELTS - 6.5,
- TOEFL iBT - 79.
- Students scoring 70 in SAT and 30 in the ACT are exempted from English proficiency tests.
- A supplemental essay (of 250 words) in addition to the Common Application or Coalition Application essay to express interest in the chosen academic area.
- Financial Certification Form to be completed and Passport copy
- Two references, Resume, Statement of purpose needed for graduate admissions.
Cost of Attendance
The estimated cost of attendance for international students at the university is mentioned below:
|Cost Head||Expenses in USD (Approximate) Academic year|
|Room and Board (on Campus)||17,402|
|Books and Supplies||1,144|
|Personal Expenses and Transportation||3,654|
Scholarships and Financial Aid for International Students
Based on the admission application and the supplemental essays submitted with that the first-year students are assessed for a full tuition fee waiver of all the four years at the time of admission only. Besides this for Loin business school the applicants are encouraged to avail of the state and federal financial resources to get help for completing their studies.
The School has over 135,000 alumni all over the world. As Olin alumni, the students get an opportunity to participate in various events like reunions, Century club events, Conferences and seminars, symposiums, etc.
- The alumni have a blog, newsletter, and presence on social media to stay connected. The alumni provide services to keep a connection between old and new students and make efforts to bring skills, values, competencies, and attitudes to excel in the field chosen by the students for their future by offering career services too.
- The alumni are popularly known as ‘Olin WashU alumni’ also do fundraising activities to support alumni events and scholarships to current students.
- The notable alumni of the school are John H. Biggs, Former CEO of TIAA-CREF; Steve Fossett, Adventurer, and the trader; Sam Fox, Founder, chairman, CEO, and owner of Harbour Group Industries; Avram Glazer, President, and CEO of the Zapata Corporation and joint chairman of Manchester United; Edward Mueller, President, and CEO of Qwest Communications; David Peacock, President of Anheuser-Busch; William Shaw, President, and COO of Marriott International Inc., Jack C. Taylor, Founder of Enterprise Rent-A-Car; and George Zimmer, Founder of Men's Wearhouse.
The Olin school has Weston career Center that provides career coaching, advising, counseling and training.
- The center helps the students in job search and enhance their interview skills. The center especially works on the communication skills of international students so that they can overcome difficulties in getting jobs in the local market.
- The center through networking helps students to publicize their availability, gather marketplace information and industry trends, accumulate information on target organizations, generate referrals that further build your network and develop lifelong contacts that may help you later.
- The center also has a LinkedIn community and subscribes to other digital networking platforms to fulfill students’ career aspirations.
- The school graduates are able to get jobs with handsome yearly compensation.
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
My brother works in Missouri and he told me about the Master of Science in Finance. I did my 12th in Commerce, Bachelors in B.COM and took GMAT and TOEFL tests for admission. The application was filed online and the status of the application can be checked online too. I was always interested in Finance and that's the reason I applied for the masters in the same. The application fee for my program $100.
Course Curriculum :
I selected my specialization as quantitative finance. The curriculum covers everything with respect to that and has greatly helped me to gain immense knowledge to build my foundation in my career.
I researched it and found out it was one of the top colleges for MBA. I did my 12th in Science, followed by my 3-year bachelors in Business Administration. I filled the application form online along with a $100 application fee and eventually got in.
Course Curriculum :
The course is really good. It covers all the major aspects of business, analytics, and really changed my perspective for the better. The curriculum has helped me mold my personality and help me build a good foundation for my future endeavors.
I told my father that I want to do my masters from abroad and that too in the business administration program. So, he asked his friends for some colleges. Then, an uncle suggested to me the Olin Business School. He said it was a good college for ambitious students and I ended up joining this college. I had to submit my form online and the fee of the application form was about $100.
Course Curriculum :
I think the course curriculum helps us to understand the problem more accurately. The course curriculum includes web seminars, guest lectures, motivational programs, online sessions with experts, etc.
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary