Mays Business School: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Mays Business School is a public university established in the year 1876. It is the business school of the Texas A&M University located in College Station. The school has an overall enrollment of 5,000 undergraduate, graduate and doctorate students. The school has a number of partnerships with national and regional business executives that help students to get the best possible business education. The business school is accredited by AACSB international. It is one of the most prestigious accreditation since only 5% business schools around the world have this accreditation. Mays has consistently ranked among the top public business schools in the U.S. The full-time MBA program is ranked no.1 in Texas, 4th in the U.S. and 10th in the world for value for money according to Financial Times report 2020.
Mays Business School Rankings
- The U.S. News and World Report 2021 has ranked the Mays Business School as:
- #44 in Best Business Schools
- #31 in Part-time MBA
- The Masters in Marketing program is ranked #29 and Masters in Finance is ranked #51 in the world as per QS World University Rankings 2021.
|Type of University||Public University|
|Location||College Station, Texas|
|Parent Institution||Texas A&M University|
|Mode of Program||Full-time/ Part-time|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Payment Mode||Visa/ Mastercard|
|Admission Seasons||Fall, Summer, and Spring|
Mays Business School Campus
- Mays Business School is a part of the Texas A&M University which has a vast campus spread through 5,000 acres.
- The campus of Mays Business School is located in the Wehner Building which offers facilities like the latest teaching tools, wireless internet connection and several computer labs.
- The Center for International Business Studies facilitates study abroad programs for business as well as exchanges through the business school.
- The College Station is located close to the city of Bryon and is also known as the “college town”.
- College Station is located close to 5 largest cities in Texas such as Dallas, Houston, San Antonio within 180 miles.
Mays Business School Residence
- Mays Business School offers sufficient housing facilities both on-campus and off-campus.
- On-campus housing is available for students all through semester and on a year-long lease whereas off-campus housing is available on a year-long contract basis.
- Students living on-campus need to buy a meal plan as halls do not comprise a kitchen.
- The Gardens provides housing for graduate and senior students over the age of 21. It includes a kitchen.
- The Modular Halls provides housing for undergraduate students. These halls feature rooms with private bathrooms shared by two roommates.
- On-campus accommodation usually provides common spaces such as television lounges, leisure areas, pool table, ping pong tables, game room and study lounge, Wi-Fi facility, washer and dryer, vending machines, card access, etc.
- Rooms have basic furniture that include bed, desk, chair, dresser and bookshelf.
- Off-campus housing is available at varied locations around the main campus. Students can also seek a roommate or sublease on Aggie Search or Craig’s list.
Mays Business School Courses
- Mays Business School offers various programs at the undergraduate, graduate, and doctorate programs.
- The programs offered cover several disciplines such as accounting, finance, marketing, supply chain management and management information system.
- Students can also pursue certificates offered in 5 areas including International Business.
- The College offers full-time, professional, and executive MBA. The courses are a balance of theory and practical learning.
- Executive MBA is a 2-year program designed for working professionals. Classes are held on Friday and Saturday in the Woodlands.
- The College also offers MS in 9 specializations such as Accounting, Analytics, Business, Entrepreneurial Leadership, Human Resource Management etc. jointly administered by Mays Business School and College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
- The institution offers a Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in 7 majors and BS in Agribusiness and University Studies.
Mays Business School Application Process
Mays Business School invites applications from students all around the world. International students are required to fulfill additional requirements for admission such as English language requirements, applying for a visa, financial documents, etc.
How to Apply?
Students seeking admission to the Mays Business School must take note of the following details of the process:
Application Portal: Applicants must fill the online application through the university’s website.
Application Fee: 50 USD
Application Deadline: Fall - March 1; Spring - October 1
Admission Requirements: All international candidates must satisfy the below-mentioned requirements for admission:
- Filled online application form and application fee
- Official transcripts from previously attended institutions
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Recently updated professional resume
- GMAT or GRE scores
- Professional references (No recommendation letters)
English Proficiency Requirements
- English proficiency scores of TOEFL and IELTS is an additional requirement for international student admission. Mentioned below is the English proficiency scores accepted by the institute:
Some programs may have different proficiency requirements.
Mays Business School Cost of Attendance
- The cost of studying in the U.S. comprises tuition fee, living expenses, book and supplies, transportation and miscellaneous expenses.
- The cost of attendance for Mays Business School is given in the table below:
|Expense||Amount (in USD)|
|MS in Business||51,500|
|MS in Management Information Systems||49,552|
|Full-time MBA||31,403 (Fall 2020/ Spring 2021)
24,517 (Fall 2021)
|Living Expenses||UG: 12,287 PG: 13,565|
|Book and Supplies||2,522|
Mays Business School Scholarships/Financial Aid
- Mays Business School offers financial aid for international students in the form of scholarships.
- To be considered for University scholarships awarded by Texas A&M, students will be assessed on the basis of academic achievement, leadership qualities, participation in community activities and contribution on campus.
- Full-time MBA students receive several scholarships.
- The details of some of the scholarships are mentioned below:
- President Endowed Scholarship: A scholarship amount of 3,000 USD per year for 4 years. Eligible candidates must have a GPA of 3.5 all through undergraduate studies.
- McFadden Scholarship and Lechner Scholarship: A scholarship amount of 2,500 USD each year for 4 years. Students must maintain a GPA of 3.5.
- Century Scholars Program: A scholarship amount of 5,000 USD is offered to students who maintain a GPA of 2.75 throughout the program.
- President’s Achievement Scholarship: A scholarship amount of 2,500 USD is offered to students who maintain a GPA of 2.75 throughout the program.
- Graduate Scholarships: Eligibility criteria include factors like work experience, academic potential, and test scores. Students meeting the eligibility criteria are awarded prizes between 3,000 USD to 35,000 USD.
Mays Business School Alumni Network
Mays Business School honors its graduate students with the Mays Outstanding Alumni Award. Some of the benefits offered to alumni are as follows:
- Discount on continuing education
- Career advising
- Opportunity to be a part of initiative engagement programs
- Activate and empower the Mays Network
- Partner with the academic community and earn high yield certificates
Many of the Mays Business School graduates are serving as CEOs of Fortune 500 companies. Some of the notable alumni included in the Forbes Magazine list are:
- Bruce C. Broussard – CEO of Humana
- David M. Cordani – CEO of Cigna
- Darren Woods - CEO of ExxonMobil
- Jeff Miller - CEO of Halliburton Co.
Mays Business School Placements
Mays Business School Career Management Center assists with career placements. Approximately 70 to 75% of students complete professional internships during the course of the program. Moreover, 90 to 100% of graduates are offered professional full-time jobs within 90 days of the internship program. The career center team works closely with the recruiters to connect with students who can contribute to the organization or the company. 91% of the MBA graduates accepted the job offers that they received. MBA graduates are appointed by Fortune 500 companies, mid sized companies and startups such as Dell Inc., Deloitte, USAA, Infosys Limited, Toyota Financial Services, Intel Corporation, Johnson and Johnson, Amazon, Hewlett Packard (HP), ExxonMobil, etc.
FIND A PROGRAM
I got impressed with the campus at first, it has a campus that offers you everything you will need with the college having super credentials of being the best college in Texas, top 4 in the USA and top 10 globally. So it is obvious the connections would be globally too so I decided to take admission there with an application fee of $90.
Course Curriculum :
Accounting for business results, value creation, business collaboration and career management will be the courses you will study about starting from summers. You found you have a strong basic with accounting, information systems, leadership, management and marketing.
I got to know from surfing web portals reviewing how the experience of ex-students was with this college. I applied for the mays business school. Secondly, this college had some good infrastructures. So i without a doubt applied for the same having a $90 fee.
Course Curriculum :
This was an important turn in my life. I have gained plenty of knowledge, skills and learned life lessons from college and its atmosphere where everyone is so friendly and used to look so interested in their field of work with expert knowledge and had an experience of the industry too.
I chose this college mainly because I liked the location of the college as it is close to a relative's home. Apart from that I also liked the courses that the college offered and the structure of the course as well. I applied to the college online for an application form of $90 for international students.
Course Curriculum :
This is a 18 month course with a very tight schedule. It contains hands-on experiences in managing challenges, time and resources. Their intimate cohorts allow students to make meaningful connections with peers, faculty, career coaches, and program leadership.The course also teaches a lot about corporate structure and how to excel in it.
I got to know about Mays Business school though a friend of mine who's relative studied there. After thorough research I knew that this is the school for me. I wanted to join this business school for its brilliant academic, placement, campus, diversity and extra-curricular activities. I had scored 88% in my high school (commerce stream) which made me an eligible candidate for admission. I had also paid an application fee of $200 (for international students) as I applied online.
Course Curriculum :
The course is designed in a way where we get to learn the basic qualities required by us to run a successful business. There are seven skills that have been identified by our college that are required by us along with the technical skills to be able to perform well in the industry. Few topics covered in the course are statistic method, marketing, operations management, managing people in an organization, etc.
- Super Market
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary