Miami Business School: Rankings, Courses, Admissions, Tuition Fee, Cost of Attendance & Scholarships
Miami Business School is the business school of University of Miami, located in Coral Gables, Florida, USA. Working on the mission of developing innovative ideas and principled leaders who can transform the global business and impact the society, Miami Business School offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programsalong with some specialized master programs and executive education.
This institute was started in 1929 as the School of business, and has been renamed many times since then. In 2019, it was given its current name to honor Patti and Allan Herbert. Currently providing quality education to more than 3,000 students, the school aims to produce global leaders who are not only academically stable but also have strong ethical compliance.
- The Miami Business School was ranked 33rd best school in the world for studying Masters in Business analytics by QS world universities rankings 2020.
- It was also ranked 93rd best institute for Masters in Finance by the same survey.
- The institute was ranked 72nd best business school in the USA by US News rankings 2020.
|Location||Coral Gables, Florida|
|Application Portal||Common Application Online Application|
|Application Fee||Varies from course to course|
|Student-to-faculty ratio||12 to 1|
|Test Scores Accepted||TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, GMAT, SAT, ACT|
- The campus is located in Coral Gables, Florida, which is regarded as an international business Hub.
- The student body represents all the US states and more than 90 countries in the world, and the faculties come from around 40 nations, making the campus a unique center for global diversity.
- The campus houses many unique features like Shalala students center exclusively meant for community learning, and Lowe Art Museum.
- The school building houses facilities like a 300-seater auditorium, executive education center, MBA lounge, and advanced computer lab.
- The campus holds more than a dozen clubs and organizations which encourage the students to develop their leadership qualities.
- The University of Miami does not provide on-campus housing facilities to the MBA students of Miami Business School.
- However, the students are assisted by the department of residential halls to find out proper off-campus housing facilities.
- The students generally stay in rented private apartments around the campus.
- The Business school offers undergraduate degrees in 14 majors, 13 different types of graduate programs, specialized masters programs in 10 majors, and doctoral courses in 8 different fields of business.
- The undergraduate degrees offered are as BBA and BSBA majors, while the graduate degrees include MBA and specialized master programs.
- Some of the popular undergraduate majors include Business Analytics, Accounting, Entrepreneurship, Finance, HR, Marketing, Health Management, among others.
- The specialized master program is a special graduate-level program offered by the institute which can be completed in less than one year and gives complete coverage on one particular major like Master in Accounting, Business Analytics, Finance, etc.
- Along with regular full-time MBA, the Business School also offers an Accelerated MBA, which can be completed in a very short span, and Executive MBA, which is exclusively meant to produce global leaders.
- The institute also offers executive certification programs in 6 majors including Business Administration, Family Business, among others.
International students seeking admissions at the University can follow the below-mentioned admission details:
- Application Portal: BusinessCAS
- Application Fee: USD 48
- Number of UG students: 2,330, Number of graduate students: 900
- Minimum Standardized test scores Required:
|TOEFL iBT||As per UM||94|
|IELTS||As per UM||7.0|
- Supporting Documents:
- Personal Statement
- Official Transcripts
- Official GMAT Score
- Official TOEFL / IELTS Score
- Application Deadline: For international students: March 1
Note: College specific admission are only taken for MBA courses, admission for undergraduate courses are directly taken by the centralized admission process of the University of Miami
Cost of Attendance
For full-time MBA courses :
|Expense Type||Yearly cost in USD|
|Room and food||15,122|
|Total Yearly Expense||79,456|
Financial Aid for International students
- There are a limited number of private loan programs for eligible international students to borrow money for their education.
- The international students need to submit a statement of financial responsibility via form I-20, along with bank statements and sponsor’s details (if any), declaring that they are capable of managing the expenses themselves.
- However, the students can apply for many merit-based scholarships for international students through various private websites, though they are limited in number.
- The international student's financial aid website is one such site, which is recommended by the Miami School of Business.
- One of the scholarships available in the website is as follows:
|Scholarship||Application Deadline||Eligibility||Benefit (USD)|
|MPOWER Global Citizen ||April 15||Pursuing Full-time courses in USA ||5,000|
Other Private Sources of Funding
Applying for financial aid programs in the US can be overwhelming due to their extensive application filing process. Here’s a brief list of research scholarship opportunities from private organizations both within the U.S. and India.
- The college has over 45,000 alumni spread in over 130 countries worldwide.
- The Miami Business School alumni enjoy the following benefits:
- They get to participate in a homecoming reunion.
- They get subscriptions to business Miami magazine and UM Merchandise.
- They get an opportunity to connect with networks and mentor young students.
- Some of the notable college alumni include Raul Alvarez (Former President, McDonald’s), Gerald Cahill, Jr. (Former President and CEO, Carnival Cruise Line), Jack Creighton (Former CEO, United Airlines), Joseph J. Echevarria, Jr. (Former CEO, Deloitte LLP), among others.
- According to university facts, 84% of the graduates get placed within 3 months of completing their studies.
- The average salary offered to MBA graduates is USD 78,453, and the average signing bonus is USD 14,111.
- Top industries that recruit Miami Business School graduates to include the Finance sector, real estate sector and healthcare sector and the responsibilities offered include general management, accounting and healthcare.
- The institute conducts many events every year, where the recruiters can connect with the students and recruit them directly.
- On-campus placement drives are held in two cycles, one in September to December, and other in January to May.