University of South Carolina - Aiken: Rankings, Admissions, Majors & Courses, Tuition Fee, Acceptance Rate, & Scholarships
The University of South Carolina Aiken (USCA) was established in the year 1961. It is a public university located in Columbia, United States. The university has an overall enrollment of over 3,700 students representing 36 states and 38 countries across the globe, taking up programs in Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees provided by the college. USC Aiken is the fourth campus founded out of the total eight in Carolina that makes it a must-attend college. The university has an acceptance rate of 51%. The college has a record of over 20,000 alumni.
- The University of SC Aiken was anointed as the 2nd regional comprehensive public college in the south.
- The university has won first place ranking for 14 times.
- USCA is ranked 13th in Regional Colleges South by the US news rankings, 2020.
- It is ranked 6th best college for veterans and 26th among the best value schools.
|Type of University||Public|
|Number of Undergraduate Seats||3,344|
|Annual Acceptance Rate||51%|
|Basic Tuition Fee for International Graduate Students||$10,428|
|Test Scores Accepted||SAT – 950 and 1140 ACT – 17 and 22|
The USCA offers on-campus and off-campus facilities. The main campus is housed at the historic Banksia Mansion in the downtown of Aiken. The campus is expanded over 453 acres of land.
Housing Facilities/ Residences
USC Aiken provides on-campus housing facilities to all its students. Candidates are offered on-campus and off-campus residence facilities. Here is a brief description of Housing Facilities and Residences. The on-campus residence halls comprise double rooms, single rooms, suites, and apartments.
- Pacer Crossing Residence Hall: Pacer Crossing residence hall offers residence living for 288 first-year students. The hall comprises of study rooms, three suites housing eight students. Each room comprises of four bedrooms and four bathrooms.
- Pacer Commons Residence Hall: The residence hall comprises of apartment-style housing with double and single rooms. Each apartment consists of extra amenities like bedrooms, bathrooms, a well-furnished living room, and a well-equipped kitchen. Students are also offered a volleyball court.
- Pacer Downs Apartment Complex: The Pacer Downs offers apartment type of housing with double and double as single rooms reserved for upperclassmen and graduate students. Each apartment comprises two bedrooms, bathrooms, living area, volleyball court, basketball hoop and community center.
Where, when and How to Apply?
Applicants must apply for housing by visiting the website my.sc.edu and sign in to self-service Carolina (SSC). Students must pay an application fee of $125 as a security deposit and $25 as an application fee.
Programs, Faculties, and Divisions
- The University of South Carolina Aiken offers 54 programs in the field of arts and science.
- The areas of undergraduate study include Applied Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Biology, Business Administration & Management, Chemistry, Communication, Education, English, Sports, Music, Nursing, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, Special Education and Writing.
- The students are offered courses MBA, MS, and M.Ed. The university also offers pre-professional courses which include law, medicine, pharmacy, and veterinary science.
- Students are skilled in building their practical skills in communication, analyzing problems and critical thinking. The university also offers online programs for students.
Application Portal: Applicants must apply online by visiting the university’s official website.
Application Fees: USD 100
Application Deadline: Fall Applications - July 15, 2020; Spring Applications – January 2021
Admission Requirements: All international candidates must satisfy the below-mentioned details to be eligible for the University of Science Aikens admissions.
- A completed application form
- English Proficiency of TOEFL, IELTS scores are required for gaining admission to undergraduate and postgraduate courses
- Official high school and college transcripts evaluated from an authorized agency to be submitted directly from the institution to the university service office.
- Standardized test scores: ACT, SAT score report to be directly sent from the testing agency to the USC Aiken Office of Admissions.
- Verification of financial support, minimum evidence of USD 30,450
Transcripts or examination certificates of baccalaureate, secondary or postsecondary certificates along with certified and English translated documents to be sent directly to the USC Aiken Office of Admissions.
Cost of Attendance
2019-2020 Cost of Attendance (Semester-wise) for International Students:
|Tuition Fees||$10,428 USD|
|MBA Online||$450 USD|
|RN to BSN Program||$306 USD|
|On-campus||$2, 596 USD per semester|
|Off-campus||$3,535 USD for 5 months|
|Books and Supplies||$540 USD (Approximately)|
Scholarship and Financial Aids
The USC Aiken provides grants, student loans, and various scholarships for international students to study in the US. Below listed are the various scholarships and grants offered by the university for international students.
USCA offers academic scholarships including Cecelia A. Reynolds Scholarship, Garcia International Scholarship Fund, Thomas C. Hobbs Memorial Multicultural Endowed Scholarship, USCA International Student Scholarship.
Eligibility: The scholarship is offered to international students at USC Aiken who has a cumulative GPA of 3.0. Besides, they must also be an active member of the USC Aiken community.
Frequency of Application: Each applicant can apply just once
How to apply for it: Eligible candidates must fill the International Student Scholarship Application Form along with submitting the mentioned documents. This includes
- Letter of Recommendation obtained from USC Aiken faculty or staff member
- Essay of 300-500 words describing financial needs
The US Department of State offers Fulbright programs for international students to further their goals for international education. The grant is administered by IIE, LASPAU, and AMIDEAST.
Eligibility: The grant is offered to students seeking undergraduate and graduate programs.
How to Apply for it: Eligible candidates must fill the application form which tends to differ from country to country.
Educational loans are provided for international students by individual companies. Some of the educational loans available for international students such as Credila Education Loan Service
Work While You Study
Students are offered a Federal Work-study program with part-time and on-campus employment. FWS rewards range between $800 to $2,500 per year.
- Eligibility: Candidates must apply for financial aid using the free application for Federal Student Aid i.e. FAFSA. The maximum hours of work will depend on the supervisor based on the class’s schedule. A typical of 10 to 12 hours of work per week is allowed for students.
- How can you find a job?: Candidates looking for a job must register themselves on Purple Briefcase. Hereon, they can go on to directly apply for job positions under their department. Once accepted the further procedure will be carried out by the respective departments.
- Off-Campus Employment: The University of South Carolina Aiken also offers off-campus work while study opportunities. The office of International Programs will guide eligible candidates for applying for off-campus authorization, getting Social Security number and understanding the working culture.
The University of South Carolina, Aiken has a wide network of alumni counting to over 20,000 from around the fifty states and the world. The alumni are given the opportunity in current initiatives and other opportunities involved. These include annual events, position in leadership councils, teams and boards, Annual events, Scholarships, and Alumni Recognition Opportunities.
Few of the known Alumni are:
- Carl Henson: Currently the vice president of Marketing and Business Development at the MAU Workforce Solutions.
- Daniele Ligons: Currently works as the Marketing Communications Coordinator at Aiken Electric Cooperative Inc. She was also involved in other organizations like Pacer Spirit, Circle K, Habitat for Humanity, Sigma Alpha Pi.
FIND A PROGRAM
Application Portal : https://web.usca.edu/admissions/apply/
Early Action Deadlines
Regular Decision Deadlines
|total faculty||full time||part time||graduate assistants|
The University of South Carolina is a university that offers great online finance MBA option. An online application with a fee of $100 was submitted. Apart from which a fee of $85 was paid as a new admission student. Official transcripts were also attached to the application.
Course Curriculum :
The course covers advanced studies on topics like financial analysis, business law, corporate finances, and more.
I opted for this particular college because it was suggested to me by one of my family members. I explored the university online and got attracted to the campus, infrastructure, and other things. I applied for admission via the official website by paying an application fee of $100.
Course Curriculum :
My master's in public health program is preparing us for management in public agencies and nongovernmental organizations. The master in health administration is preparing us to become effective managers in a changing market environment.
I always wanted to pursue my bachelor's degree abroad. After appearing for my boards, I began to research the colleges in the US which provide bachelor of business management. While browsing through various websites I came across this college. As it is ranked as one of the top 15 colleges in the US, it can be considered as a great educational institution. As I applied to the college via the online admission portal and paid $100 for the application fee.
Course Curriculum :
I feel that the course curriculum is very relevant in terms of practicality. We have gained many things from the lectures and practicals, such as appreciation of diversity and global nature of the business, how to work well with a team, modern business technologies, oral and communication skills, business practices and soft skills and many more.
- Book Store
- Shopping Mall
- Super Market
- Bus Station
*All distance are measured radially. Actual distance may vary